eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Shopping Not Updating?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Google Shopping Not Updating? Reply with quote

Hi,

My last Google Shopping update was at the end of January. I'm also seeing a status of "success" in my eCrater admin pages. I'm not sure why it's not updating, eCrater does have something saying it updates 3 times a week for Google Merchant Center. I also cannot find any of my items in Google Shopping when I run a search on Google. I used to be able to type my name "ecrater1junkie" and things would popup, but not anymore.

Is eCrater still doing these regular updates and does anyone know what I can do to fix my problem?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have been suspended. You need to contact eCrater and fix the problem. Just another issue, you store name is not Software Shop, that will make it very hard to find you, it is ecrater1junkie and that is what people need to type in the find you.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to login into my account, make numerous updates to my store and nowhere does it say anything about I'm suspended. Where do you see this?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to your store, it says Software Shop and if you click on any of the thumbnails it comes up "There are no items in this category".

Obviously, you need to contact the team to find out what is going on. Do you have your store on hold/vacation accidentally?
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, I'm seeing items showing in my categories and the item details if I click on an item's thumbnail, but I'm also logged in. Not sure if that makes any difference. I double checked the "on-hold," and no, it's not showing that my store is "on-hold." I recently stopped using eBay and that category should be empty and the "other" category for the moment. I need to figure out how to get the "my ebay" category removed, but that's for another day. Actually, I'm very scared to contact support on this website or any website because someone always gets mad and bans me. It's exactly what happened to me on eBay. I tried to reach out to them for help, and they instead banned me for not having a phone. So, if I contact eCrater I might as well consider my store dead.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never received anything but a professional, polite response from the ecrater team and over the last ten years, I think I am on a first name basis with them all. I've never heard of them getting mad at a seller for contacting them. You have a problem with your store currently and we forum folks can't help, so the only way to get help to figure it out is to ask them what is wrong and how to fix it. Since you are selling software downloads, I would be prepared to prove that you have permission to sell them, however.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading over the topic covering suspensions and I see repeatedly that accounts get suspended without any notice what so ever? If this happened to me, I was never informed. I don't even remember which e-mail address I used to sign up on here, but I've checked them all. There's nothing from eCrater. There's also nothing unusual when I login to the site. If eCrater suspends accounts without notice, then we are left not even knowing it's happened, and in my case, I have spent hours adding new items, so it's a huge waste of time. A suspension should come with some kind of explanation and stop the addition of new items. I've never heard of any company using this kind of practice.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater1junkie wrote:
That's weird, I'm seeing items showing in my categories and the item details if I click on an item's thumbnail, but I'm also logged in. Not sure if that makes any difference.
You are looking at your admin section, not your actual store as seen by customers. All sellers should click on the preview button and view their store as a customer. Snoop around your store as a customer to see what the public sees. When you look at your home page, there are 10 random products shown from your store. If you click on any photo, you'll see a notice "Oops! This item could not be found. Here are some similar products". This is the clue that your store is suspended. None of your items have been removed, only hidden until you review the eCRATER rules, terms of service, and correct the problems. Then you contact eCRATER to ask that your store be removed from suspension. After reading all the rules and terms of service, if you can't tell the reason for your suspension then contact eCRATER to explain that you've been unable to determine the reason for the suspension.

Quote:
I double checked the "on-hold," and no, it's not showing that my store is "on-hold." I recently stopped using eBay and that category should be empty and the "other" category for the moment. I need to figure out how to get the "my ebay" category removed, but that's for another day.
The "my ebay" category can not be removed, but it can be renamed. Some sellers use a new name that will not be used, like special order only, xyz, z-store use only, etc.

Quote:
Actually, I'm very scared to contact support on this website or any website because someone always gets mad and bans me. It's exactly what happened to me on eBay. I tried to reach out to them for help, and they instead banned me for not having a phone. So, if I contact eCrater I might as well consider my store dead.
Assuming the small eCRATER staff is going to act like the staff of any other site is an incorrect assumption. They are friendly and helpful. Sometimes they may give an answer that may be interpreted as short, but they may not have understood your question and you need to write for more information.

I did notice that you are selling a lot of downloadable software. Do you have the legal right to sell all those titles? I'm not part of the staff and I'm not making any accusations, but I know that is a problem on the internet of people trying to sell programs they downloaded when the license was for personal use only. I was a shareware seller in the pre-internet days and I know I had to be very careful to make sure the software was actually shareware and/or that I had the right to distribute the program.

Hope this helps you get your store restored. Remember, your work has not disappeared, it's only hidden until you get things straight with eCRATER.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater assumes we will follow all the rules and run our stores as they expect us to.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am preparing for new adventures and assuming I am banned from eCrater. It will not end well. It never does for me. If I have a million items all hidden from the world, then it's pointless. When I click on "Preview," I'm taken to my website and it shows every item and works perfectly, but I also tested a VPN, and upon that route, I now see what has been mentioned previously - that there's an issue with products not showing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
assuming I am banned from eCrater.

Rather than assuming you are banned, ask the ecrater team what is the problem since you can't figure it out. To quit because you assume you are or will be banned is ludicrous. Generally, if someone gets the big boot, there is no evidence that there was ever a store at their link. Your store is still showing up so that makes me think you have a chance to make things right.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
assuming I am banned from eCrater.

Rather than assuming you are banned, ask the ecrater team what is the problem since you can't figure it out. To quit because you assume you are or will be banned is ludicrous. Generally, if someone gets the big boot, there is no evidence that there was ever a store at their link. Your store is still showing up so that makes me think you have a chance to make things right.

I agree with Moonwishes. The only thing I would add is the possibility that you know you are selling download books/software without the proper authorization. Most of the titles shown on your home page (which seems to rotate between apx. 20 titles with a page refresh) appear to be open source software and totally legal to sell. However, I did find two titles that were questionable. You may have purchased a copy that included the right to resell the ebook. If this is the case, you would be able to show where you were given the right by the copyright holder to resell the ebook, or a link to the copyright holder's website where they give a blanket resell permission.

Maybe you didn't know it wasn't legal to pay for a download copy, then sell copies unless the copyright holder said you could sell copies. If the copyright holder issued the software under the "open source" agreement, then they have allowed others to freely distribute their work. In this case a buyer isn't paying you for the rights to the work, they are paying you for your time to review, test, and make available the work.

It's possible eCRATER was contacted by a copyright owner regarding one of the titles you sell. The eCRATER team would tend to err on the side of caution and suspend your store to give you time to present your side of the story to show you have the legal right to sell all the download products in your store.

All of this is to say, you need to contact eCRATER to see what you need to do to remove the suspension.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: