eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I change the name in the "Welcome To ..." o

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatGoodys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: How do I change the name in the "Welcome To ..." o Reply with quote

I need to chang the name shown all of my listings and on my store front.
The store front says "Welcome to ..."with my eCrater account name.
Each of my listings shows my eCrater account name as the "Seller".

I did change the store name in the settings.
I also changed the 'Title Tag" under Edit Texts. No effect, although this field might not be for that.
Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I change the name in the "Welcome To ...&quo Reply with quote

GreatGoodys wrote:
I need to chang the name shown all of my listings and on my store front.
The store front says "Welcome to ..."with my eCrater account name.
Each of my listings shows my eCrater account name as the "Seller".

I did change the store name in the settings.
I also changed the 'Title Tag" under Edit Texts. No effect, although this field might not be for that.
Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly, GreatGoodies is showing as your store name and seller name because that is what you named it when you opened your store. The 'title tag' is more to do with metatags, SEO, etc. and won't change the name of your store.

I believe that for a fee eCRATER will change the name of your store or I think you can close out your store and reopen it with the name you want for free, but I think that means relisting everything.

I don't know what you wanted your store name to be, but do you sell under the current name or the name you wanted but didn't use on other venues? I guess I am puzzled about why you or how you ended up naming your store something that you didn't want (I know mistakes happen, but I am a very curious person Smile ). However, it can be changed. Contact the eCRATER team. Tell them what you want the name to be and ask how much it costs to change it. They are a small team and don't usually send out canned responses although I'm sure that they have email templates for something like this, but they will get back to you with something that is helpful. It might take more than a day to get back to you so be patient. If you haven't heard from them - (Do they have your correct email address?) in 3-4 days write again and be sure that the email address they have or that you gave them is working.
GreatGoodys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thank you for the reply! That is pretty much what I expected. To answer you questions, I decided that I wanted a store name that is a bit more "professional". Probably not a big deal, and I sure don't want to recreate all of the listings. Thanks agan!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I started using Moonwishes for something else and when I went to sell online I dusted it off. I wasn't planning on being a professional seller at that point. I literally thought I was dying and wanted to sell off things so my hubby wouldn't need to deal with them all. Fast forward 17+ years and Moonwishes Sewing and Crafts has become my selling name and any digests or blogs, etc. that I go to, I go by the name. It is on the signature line of my email and all those other things such as my return address for orders.

One thing I did do was from the beginning, even though I had no plans to be 'professional' in that sense, I did everything in a professional manner as I have always done during my job life. So it is for me professional, but I did have to add the sewing and crafts to the name to categorize what type of business I was in.

Hope you have good success here.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you decided to REALLY change your store name, and lose any clickable links out there, eCrater can do it for a small fee. But, to just advertise you name as something different then what it is, is just silly, (to me). What happens if a customer only remembers the "fake" name? They would have a horrible time finding you. I did change my name once, and had Crater actually change the name of my store. You really have 3 choices, 1. have eCrater do it, 2. change your name your yourself, (like you are thinking of doing) or 3. close your store and start a one.

I don't know how big your store is, or how good you are at self promoting but I think 1 or 3 are the best options.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@GreatGoodys, It appears you are new to eCRATER and coming from eBay. First, Welcome to eCRATER! Second, I would suggest you contact eCRATER from their contact link on the lower right of the home page, ecrater.com and see what the cost would be to simply change the name of your store (which is also your account name). When they make the change, your entire account name will change to the new name. I think the fee is based on the amount of work involved to make the change. You could request the cost before you actually request the change. Then you can decide if it's worth the cost.

By going this route, you can continue working on your store until you get the name changed. Since you have your store on hold, nothing will be sent to Google Shopping, but the organic search engines may check your store.

As you've discovered, eCRATER doesn't allow HTML on the listings, so if you used templates on eBay your descriptions are all run together. It's still quicker than adding each one. You'll need to edit each one, but it's a good time to check the description, move it to your store category and make any other changes you wish. The category myebay can not be deleted, but you can change the name to something else.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: