eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to use Promo Codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akibananya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: How to use Promo Codes? Reply with quote

I'm a new seller here, just moved over from tictail, and trying to figure out how to use promo codes. I see where to make them, but while I can give it a name and a value, I can't see where to put in what the code is or how it would be used. Any information on how promo codes work would be appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else was asking about that in the last month or so. I'm not sure what they found out. You might want to see if you can find the thread. I am clueless Embarassed
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the links to the forum topic where Promo Codes were introduced and a little additional information in the second topic. I haven't used the codes so I can't add any additional information.

eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only -> Promo Codes
Posted: 08 Jul 2018
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37923&highlight=promo+code

eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only -> Question About Promo Codes
Posted: 30 Nov 2018
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38087&highlight=promo+code
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them, and what you see is what you get: It's a very basic promo code system.

The "Name" you input is the actual promo code that will be used. So if you want people to put in 20OFF to get 20% off an order, for example, set 20OFF as the name. Then you would set the "Type" to "percentage" and the value to "20".

"Min Purchase" sets a threshold that the cost must match before someone can enter the code. So if you were only offering your 20% off in the above example on orders over $100, you would put in "100" in this field. If it can be used on any order, keep it at "0".

I'm ASSUMING "Fixed Value" is a specific dollar amount off, so if you wanted to take $20 off every order you would put "20" in there, but honestly I haven't used it, so I can't say for sure.

Also keep in mind that only one code can be used at a time, so you can't have customers "stack" offers. Hope this helps!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional information. I have two questions, how did you let your buyer's know there was a promo code available and did you have customers using the promo codes?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Toms, very good info. Ditto what Sheila said!
akibananya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetomsboutique wrote:
The "Name" you input is the actual promo code that will be used. So if you want people to put in 20OFF to get 20% off an order, for example, set 20OFF as the name. Then you would set the "Type" to "percentage" and the value to "20".!

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! Tictail's system was a little more clear so I was confused.
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem with this system--only major problem that is: You have to put your entire site on sale or else put up a note about ONLY working on certain items. But we all know buyers don't tend to read and that change at Paypal keeping the fixed fee does a decent job of squashing that idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: