eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ebay update quota??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antiquepapergirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ebay update quota?? Reply with quote

I have a strange question. I am active in my eCrater store nearly every day. I keep my inventory updated, I delete items when they sell on another site, I keep my quantities up to date, etc. That being said, I have not done an full import from eBay since February 12 of this year.

I only have 334 items in my eCrater store. I received a strange "red" message when I tried to do the eBay import stating "you have exceeded your quota, try again tomorrow" Whaaaa? I have only done one import this year. What the heck are they talking about. My quota of what? I've never heard of such a crazy thing.

Can someone answer what this is referring to? Prior to my February import, my previous one was in December and before that was September. It's not even like I do it every day. Is there an eBay import limit now that I am not aware of? I am totally confused and frankly a little ticked. And yes, I have zero marketplace costs in arrears.

Thanks in advance for any help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like it might have been an error. I've never used the eBay import, but I can see where it would be really helpful. I would strongly recommend you contact the eCRATER staff directly from the contact link on the lower right of the home page at ecrater.com. The staff is really helpful. The staff is small so it may take a little longer for a reply, but you'll get a real reply from a real person who's based in the U.S.

Most of our active members on the forum don't use the eBay import. If you can add to the community knowledge pool about the eBay import it would really be appreciated.

I did notice you still have a lot of items in your MyEbay category. It's been my understanding that you can rename that category to any name you wish because eCRATER goes by the category number which doesn't change.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sheila said a lot of us don't use the eBay import, but one thought, are you using the import to add in more 'new' inventory and as well it is bringing in your old inventory as well. I think you can only bring in new inventory not adding or subtracting from the inventory that you already have here such as from prior uploads.

Just some unasked for thoughts, use or ignore! Laughing

Sorting the items under my eBay would certainly help buyers find your items if they were in the proper categories as well. Not sure if you did it yourself, or it is due to being uploaded that your descriptions are all run together and are only one paragraph. It makes them hard to read. Having the description separated from the rest of the text about PP and shipping I think would have more impact on buyers.

When I left eBay to come here, I used TurboLister (no eBay import then) and found I couldn't believe how many items had been dropped from eBay over the years that I thought were still listed. I have boxes of stuff and had wondered WHY I never pulled anything from one box - simple, everything in the box had been dropped somehow off of eBay. Now that was a pain as I was bringing over 5000 listings! Always something new to learn.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: