eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you know where your sales are coming from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: At the risk of ticking someone off... Reply with quote

I don't see the problem with reviving old topics when the information is pertinent. I hate hashing through 2 dozen different threads that basically say the same thing. It's great when everything is self contained under one thread. Which is ironic I know since I tend to do the opposite, but it's only because the #!@&# thread is so buried I can't find it with both hands tied behind my back.

BTW: I found this thread only through a google search for something I was looking to refresh my memory on.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: At the risk of ticking someone off... Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
I don't see the problem with reviving old topics when the information is pertinent. I hate hashing through 2 dozen different threads that basically say the same thing. It's great when everything is self contained under one thread. Which is ironic I know since I tend to do the opposite, but it's only because the #!@&# thread is so buried I can't find it with both hands tied behind my back.

BTW: I found this thread only through a google search for something I was looking to refresh my memory on.

Yep, stands to reason that single topic long and ancient threads will have the most pertinent and up to date information towards the end, and there is much to be said for continuity. It sure is easier to search specific threads than entire forums. The search function here is unwieldy!

Some folks are very averse to necrothreads, but I gotta wonder why they'll go in and edit comments 4 or 5 times for clarity instead of just starting a new post to correct their older less concise comments. Doesn't editing go directly against the sparkling fresh post mentality? Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I note a 'necro' thread that doesn't have the latest info, I try to post the newer stuff. Unless it is all computer jargon things and then I hope Sheila will pop in, but lately, she has been super busy I believe.

One of the things I like about eCRATER is that for the most part, we all seem to work together. Lately, on the Amazon forum, they seem to think that little small sellers like myself shouldn't comment unless I lay out the fact that I am a small seller and have no hopes of making a million bucks this year. Also, that other small sellers myself included unless they are making gobs of money, don't have anything worthwhile to say! I was basically told that just because I have been selling online for 17 years doesn't mean I know the most current whatever. Yet somehow every month I make money, never had an A2Z claim against me, good feedback except for a couple of crazies, etc. but I apparently don't know what I am doing since I don't make $100K a month! Even my bank account is growing!
Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes Confused Rolling Eyes

Here as there, I try to help when I can. It is in my best interest, as it is with all sellers here, to help everyone know what and how to do things so people will be happy about their experience buying here. The more happy customers the better for all of us. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: