eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping incorrectly showing "free" to customer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Shipping incorrectly showing "free" to customer Reply with quote

I have an upset seller who is seeing a "free shipping" on her display. I do not have any free shipping offered. This has happened before, but I just sent an apology letter to the buyers, thinking that it was some temporary glitch, or that they had missed the link to the estimated shipping. I've gotten enough of these that I thought I better check on it.

This last person says that I'm advertising free shippng, but when she goes to purchase, she is charged shipping.

I've asked her for a screen shot from her devise, am hoping she provides one. I have gone and double checked to see that I didn't accidentally tick the wrong button and have taken screenshots of both my admin product page and the customer display page and all seems correct.

Does anyone know what could cause this to happen or what I can do to prevent it?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. Everything I just checked returned a shipping price although I have no clue what standard post would be and it seems to run about 15 cents cheaper than Priority mail.

I would write to the eCRATER team immediately as they can see things we can't.
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted them and got this answer:

[quote]Thank you for your email. With USPS calculated shipping, if the buyer is
viewing the item on Google shopping, the shipping will not show until the
buyer clicks on the link and is taken to your store, where the shipping
shows USPS calculated shipping.
Quote:

I wrote back about one in the past that had actually gone through with no shipping charged (and I had just gone ahead and shipped it at a loss, since the shipping was more than the price of the item). I got an reply back that I don't quite understand, waiting for a clarification.

I will say that they are very fast at replying. I hate to bug them, since they obviously don't charge very much for their services. I really appreciate their speed of reply.
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all forgive me, I obviously am not familiar with this format. Smile I meant to put the quote around the reply to differentiate it from my words. I see my error there, now Smile
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you selected Calculated Shipping for your store you need to provide a backup shipping. This can be the shipping matrix, flat rate shipping, or a combination of the two for your store. This backup will be used for those times when the USPS website is slow or down. Otherwise, your buyer will be charged $0.00 shipping and the eCrater rules don't allow sellers to bill for additional postage after the buyer has paid.

Since there is no way for Google Shopping to know where the buyer and seller are located, eCrater uses your backup shipping in the free feed they send to Google Shopping. If you have no backup shipping, your item will show Free Shipping in Google Shopping. Then the customer will see the shipping charge after they arrive on the item page.

You will might find this topic helpful which is also on this subject. https://community.ecrater.co/viewtopic.php?p=322726#322726
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I have in the meantime, received a repy from ecrater saying the same thing, except that I'm a dolt and I can't figure out how to fill this backup method. I'll go check the link you sent me and see if it has an explanation for how to fill in these blanks. Smile
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a loading problem with this link, but will keep trying.
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying, but that link is not working for me. Are we sure it hasn't changed?
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValleyVintage………

Here's the link:

https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=322726#322726

The other link is missing the "m" in ecrater.com that is why it is not working

Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@YardSale ... Thanks for catching the error. Embarassed

I wanted to add a reminder for anyone reading this topic that the checkout system will always look for the USPS Calculated Shipping first. If the USPS doesn't respond AND for the Google Shopping feed, the system looks to the item page to see the backup selected for that item; Free Shipping, Weight Matrix, or Flat Rate. If you select Flat Rate Shipping To, the boxes will appear to add your flat rate shipping for that item. If Weight Matrix is selected, then the system will go to the matrix which is used storewide. Any one of these three can be used as a backup on a PER ITEM base. Just remember, if you are using USPS Calculated it over-rides any choice made on the individual item page, BUT the choice on the individual item page will be used for the Google Shopping feed and as the back-up if the USPS website is down.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: