eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Whats a normal amount you sell during a normal week?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomGoods

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Whats a normal amount you sell during a normal week? Reply with quote

Adding to my question above, how many listings do you need to put on ecrater before a steady stream of products are being sold you think?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "old" days in eCrater and other eBay alternatives like more than 20 items with good tittles and descriptions. Today hundreds plus promote your stuff in different sites.

Also a big factor are your items categories. If you sell the same like Wmart, Dollar/Pennies stores or catalog stores plus weak/lazy tittles and descriptions. It will be a miracle get a sale.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Whats a normal amount you sell during a normal week? Reply with quote

RandomGoods wrote:
how many listings do you need to put on ecrater before a steady stream of products are being sold?

Your question implies a relationship btw the the number of products listed in a store and the number of products sold per week from that store.

While there are certainly sellers who maintain that they have steady sales b/c of the quantity of items in their store, there are a variety of factors that influence the number of sales per week...and those factors may have nothing to do with item counts. Such as: market desirability of the product(s), number of competitors, price/value, store visibility, seller reputation, etc. A store with 10,000 buggy whips listed does not get a leg up on a store with 5 cell phone accessories.

Your question also implies that there is a point reached at which sales are "steady." That is also not necessarily the case. For example, a store with products that appeal seasonally may not have "steady" sales.

The questions we ask in doing research shape the outcome of the research...and it's important to not have preconceived notions when exploring a topic.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Whats a normal amount you sell during a normal week? Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
RandomGoods wrote:
how many listings do you need to put on ecrater before a steady stream of products are being sold?

Your question implies a relationship btw the the number of products listed in a store and the number of products sold per week from that store.

While there are certainly sellers who maintain that they have steady sales b/c of the quantity of items in their store, there are a variety of factors that influence the number of sales per week...and those factors may have nothing to do with item counts. Such as: market desirability of the product(s), number of competitors, price/value, store visibility, seller reputation, etc. A store with 10,000 buggy whips listed does not get a leg up on a store with 5 cell phone accessories.

Your question also implies that there is a point reached at which sales are "steady." That is also not necessarily the case. For example, a store with products that appeal seasonally may not have "steady" sales.

The questions we ask in doing research shape the outcome of the research...and it's important to not have preconceived notions when exploring a topic.

I agree. Also a note from your initial query. You mentioned wanting to have face to face interviews for about 15 minutes. Are you planning on doing a lot of traveling this summer? Sellers here are spread out throughout the USA, Canada and many other points on the globe. Your initial question as well as the one above calls for preconceived notions and also a lack of understanding of what you would have to do to cover a respectable enough set of sellers to show proper stats for this project. I personally have already done an online interview with someone else and I received a $50 gift card for my troubles. Not saying you need to do that. Just that others might want to do it, but most of us are busy or taking naps as needed!
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, Moon...I'm all for that nap! Very Happy

I also agree that you should be posing questions differently -- without any preconceived notions. What exactly is the thesis of your topic? What points are you trying to make with your research?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hahaha, Moon...I'm all for that nap! Very Happy

Had a 3-hour nap today and boy did I need it and that was on top of sleeping in until past 11 -- the time I usually have all orders in the mailbox!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats a normal amount you sell during a normal week? Reply with quote

RandomGoods wrote:
Adding to my question above, how many listings do you need to put on ecrater before a steady stream of products are being sold you think?

I would say , how many, is like a saturation factor. If you did have 10,000 buggy whips you odds of a sale would be better than 3 buggy whips.

Because with 10,000 all the search engines would show after they see your site, that YOU are the one to go to.

My theory is, list multiple things that have a catch phrase or search term that is popular in along with stuff that is not popular.

The amount and variety will allow people to "shop" and we all know if you go to a store and come home with the thing you went for in the first place, by having so many things to buy you would probably at least buy some mints or gum.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 8000 items listed and sell on average ~ 1 every other day if not a bit more or a bit less. NOTHING is stable with sales. I have over 5000 listed on Amazon and sell about 3 times as much there as here as Amazon is a more popular site.

I have seen sellers with yard sale rejects and maybe only 20-25 items wondering why nothing has sold in 2 days. Uh, lots of reason there.
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: OVER 200 ITEMS AND STILL NOT SALE Reply with quote

I HAVE OVER 200 ITEMS IN USED DRESSES AND STILL NO SALE. HAVE BEING ADVERTISING ON CRAIGSLIST, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST. I WENT FROM SELLING EVERYDAY TO NOTHING SINCE GOOGLE CHANGE THAT SOMETHING.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the saturation factor of available goods.

Clothing is in overabundance IMHO.

Rarer commodities or specialized one-offs have more cachet.

What the older generation coveted, the younger generation tends to despise.

No kid wants all of granny's tchotchkes. I see more streamlined decorating and minimalism as the norm for many now.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thriftychicshop, no offense. But when someone argues about sales issues in Internet and answer in "all" caps. It is difficult to know if you understand what we write here.

About your items. You added a lot of specs that is good. But my recommendation add them to the top then whatever extra info or short story type description of the item to the bottom.

Example:
https://elpereles.ecrater.com/p/24405028/marvel-metal-fleer-1995-card-6-jean

Also noted the word "vintage". Is a brand/designer or adjective or category?

And one more about sales. It is a big factor are your items categories.

About the Google/bots. I like to do searches in Google. As far I read time ago somewhere, the bots like to scan sites, but they do not necessary search to the last word or bottom. In special if they do not see "interesting" content.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrifty Chic. I looked at one of your listings again to see if it would help me to explain what I had mentioned to you in another post, about having some more background is possible. I picked up

"Vintage Black & White Strapless Cocktail Dress by A. J. Bari Size 8"

The first thing of note is that you only used 67 characters and they are some of your most valuable real estate as we can have 100 characters in our title, so you might want to beef it up.

The next thing I noticed was the designer name of A. J. Bari. It took me only a couple of minutes to find out information on the designer. Here are two links.

http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/To-Vi/Unger-Kay.html

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/bari-aj/

Kay Unger has been designing for Vogue patterns for a while and I love her styling. Clean and feminine and not trying to sell by sexy, but rather with a classic sense of style. Just even putting her name in the title should get you more hits.

The other thing is the measurement that you took. I have a cheat sheet for pattern sizes and they are usually bigger than regular (non-designer) garments sold in stores. In this case though your bust measurements equal to sizes 12-14. There is most likely some ease accounted for in the bust line but not much as it is a strapless dress. The waist size equals 20-22. Yet again some ease but the photo makes it look like a fitted waist. The hip equals size 18, so you have ease and a full skirt, so impossible to know about that. I'm not saying your measurements are off, but there is something odd about them compared to a pattern sizing chart. One thing you do have to take into account is that some designers and clothing manufacturers are they will give some items so-called 'vanity' sizes. In other words, put a size 8 label in a garment that they know full well is a size 14, but their customers would rather think (and pretend) that they are only size 8! In this case, you might want to do the research to find out how her clothing was sized. Yes, a lot of work, but you are asking a lot of money for the dress. I figure that the more you are asking for, the more research and info to be given as you are trying to sell the garment to a customer. You can only do it with pictures and words.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Goods, you have only one item listed and I can't even tell what it is. You've got a long way to go before you start worrying about normal sales per day.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, Random isn't here to sell as such, He/She/they came as wanting to do a survey that doesn't seem very well thought out unless I am getting them mixed up with someone else. Their store hasn't been updated since 2-27 and I doubt it will be. He hasn't responded to posts either. I don't think we gave him what he was looking for, especially as one of the things they wanted was a face to face interview for around 15 minutes! Like a college kid in Utah is going to travel all over the place to do them? I sure didn't have those sorts of funds when I was a student.

That clicker thing is what TV audiences use when they are presented with a choice and the audience can click for their choice without others knowing what they voted - I think! Laughing
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he meant facetime on a mobile or skype.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: