eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When not selling and watching the grandbaby, I am listing!!

Listing continuously open interest to some search bots like Google. I read it time ago and you can still find similar comments in the Internet.

Quote:
Googlebot is the little robot that visits your site. If you’ve made technically sound choices for your site, it’ll come often. If you regularly add fresh content it’ll come around more often. Sometimes, whenever you’ve made large-scale changes to your site, you might have to call that cute little crawler to come at once, so the changes can be reflected in the search results as soon as possible.

About continuous sales as far I saw and read here. Collectibles, Patterns, and some other categories move always. It is the "extra" time that you spend in SEO or promoting or listing that increase sales.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the more important things is watching the trends in your store. After passing them by for years, I started listing a different brand of pattern, and then they started selling at about the same speed as other brands, so I'm thinking, "This is good". And so I track down more and more. This past month. I sold 89 total patterns. That brand accounted for 45 of them! But the deal was that a few months ago they started surging past the other brands, so I started tracking what was selling well and would try to buy them to replace what had sold. Last night I spent a lot of money tracking down more copies that I needed and am sure hoping I did not waste my money! But if they had never upticked in frequent sales I wouldn't have noticed that they are my best sellers. Our best sellers aren't always noticed if we don't have enough of them to see the bigger picture. We own our stores and we have to be sensitive to what is going on in them and not just turning our brain off as if we are just some hired employee that doesn't care about the bottom line!

It may be July 4, Oh belated Canada Day Maggie the Cat. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but hot here. Hard to believe that in less than 6 months we will have gone through, Back to School, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hannakuk, Kwanza, Christmas. Are you making sure you are getting your store ready for those holidays? This is the time to stock up and be ready to go and many folks aren't last-minute buyers either. I've never understood, a week before Christmas the folks that are asking for help because they have no decorations, no food, no presents, etc. Yes I understand some are poor. I grew up poor, but my mom would have walked down the street naked than announced to the world that she didn't have any Christmas stuff because she threw it out after last Christmas or after her last move! I've seen the piles in front of houses after someone has moved and almost everytime, you see their Christmas stuff. But for those that are going to be buying online, the quicker you get it listed, the better your chance of selling it.
MooreGiftsandJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does branding count in Google attributes? I am new and getting used to the ease of posting items. But in my case the minimum I need to get my things onto Google Shopping is "color". Comments?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ MooreGiftsandJewelry, Welcome to the eCRATER forum. If you have questions about the use of Google Attributes in your store, you should start your own topic. It makes it easier for other sellers to find your question and the address it. Some sellers who might answer your question may pass up a 5 page topic of discussions.
Nagrasanti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
@ MooreGiftsandJewelry, Welcome to the eCRATER forum. If you have questions about the use of Google Attributes in your store, you should start your own topic. It makes it easier for other sellers to find your question and the address it. Some sellers who might answer your question may pass up a 5 page topic of discussions.

I have since closed that shop and opened a new one called "Nagrasanti". I am posting new items every day and visiting the Google Attributes threads. I am on the fence about Google Checkout since then. I will study these more and see what happens.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am on the fence about Google Checkout since then

Google Checkout is no longer active for us at this point. Nor does it have anything to do with attributes.

You have your choice of PP and Stripe which I have never had trouble with and that is with over $10K in money processed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joystarr leave his topic and store to die.

Nagrasanti close other store. Where it came Google Checkout? I do not remember even the day it not used anymore by many sites and I believe change name too. Laughing

All over the years reading the same issue about "lack of sales", but some of those asking for tips/recommendations/opinions in the end just want a "magic" fix. Cool
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All over the years reading the same issue about "lack of sales", but some of those asking for tips/recommendations/opinions in the end just want a "magic" fix. Cool

Unfortunately. On the Amazon forum, it is even worse. Just about everyone that is having 'lousy/no' sales blames it exclusively on Amazon. It is never their fault or at least maybe 1% is their fault and the rest is the economy and Amazon. Someone started a new thread there on Saturday complaining that they hadn't had any sales since Friday!. No sales in 24 hours poor thing. I have run into that plenty of times but I sure don't panic over that! Then other sellers come along and commiserate with them. Me, yesterday I sold a bunch of patterns including one from here Very Happy

Another poster complained that they had only sold one $5 item that after fees etc. they got $2 (and I doubt she calculated the overhead or shipping supplies either) and how can they live on that? You can't. They need to run the numbers and not list anything unless it will give them a set profit. And they have to list enough so that they can sell enough to make money.

Many do not want answers that will mean work on their part. They just want to be told that it is not their fault period. No one can have a successful business without throwing in some sweat equity as well.
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow sales?
I just checked our eCRATER sales from September last year and guess what, we are ahead this year and still one more week.
We have updated our "Market place cost" to 8.9%, BUT gross sales and net profit is up.
Once again THANKS to eCRATER and the TEAM.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see my sales here slumping after G+ was ended so I determined to see what I could do and added in the 5.9% and have already seen results. I have been so busy listing that I haven't been promoting much either and I am sure that is also partially why my sales are down here.

Got up from my nap to find one and the final high value pattern that my son had picked up for me and gave to me Friday evening, after I paid for them Very Happy, has sold. So part of this weekends sales are the $90 before fees that I got for those three patterns. Plus a whole bunch more.

I do want to clarify something. I do have compassion for those that are going through a rough time, it has been the story of my life. But I use a lot of elbow grease to get what we need to live on. And also why I try to help those that I can here, been there and done that so to speak. I know how bone-crushingly horrible it feels to be past broke. And while it may seem like a joke when I say I don't list anything unless I will at least earn a candy bar from the sale. Have you seen the price of king sized candy bars lately? Old person that I am, most of those 'king sized' bars are about or just barely bigger than the candy bars of my youth that I could buy for a nickel. To get the nickels to buy one we collected glass pop bottles to trade in for money. I think it took 3-4 bottles to have enough for the candy bar and we had to find more than that as we older kids all wanted the money so we all had to find a lot to share. (there were 5 of us) Anyways the point being if you need money you can't just depend on your need to supply your lack, you need to learn about the place that you are choosing to earn money at and the costs you will have. I still remember some lady whose family was in a money squeeze so bad and she saw others were selling grocery coupons and so she tried to do so also. She didn't seem to notice the cost of shipping or the fees she would be charged and instead of making anything she was out about 50 cents of money she didn't have in the first place. I wanted to cry with her. After my divorce from my son's father I remember being down to 10 cents!

We have already past a recent September and our sales for this month are looking good and we are getting close to our goal for each month. Maybe I should take 10 days off every month and go to the hospital? Nope, I think not, those beds were terrible and the food was worse.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

joystarr is not more in eCrater. Lets hope him the best, just a quit and not a health issue. Take care fellow collector.

Back to topic. Sellers the trick in sites like eCrater is list items, use title & description to the max, and promote your items. If you sell collectibles like trading cards those steps becomes sometime easy to repeat over and over.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Back to topic. Sellers the trick in sites like eCrater is list items, use title & description to the max, and promote your items. If you sell collectibles like trading cards those steps becomes sometime easy to repeat over and over.

Absolutely! On the Amazon forum, a REAL newbie came looking for advice, help and a mentor if possible. Some sellers who seem to have forgotten their beginnings were offering suggestions to him as if he was about to graduate the high school/college for sellers instead of remembering that he was a self-admitted preschooler in online selling. One poster was rude enough to basically tell him to get lost as he would be suspended pretty quickly since he didn't know what to do! One of the reasons that I so love this forum. If a newbie or even one of us sellers who have been here for years asks for help, we help. About the only time that we don't is the newbies that come on board asking for help and anything and everything we say, they know better apparently and basically tell us we are idiots!

But any site that you sell on needs sellers that are good in what you said above.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Joystarr send his store to sleep.
shoelaces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same slow sales for me. I went on vacation at Thanksgiving and put my store on hold. Took it off hold first week of December but my sales have not returned. Also put it back on hold over Christmas while I was gone and now getting zero sales. I wrote to ecrater support to make sure nothing was wrong and there is not. I also went through the sales process of buying something from my store made it all the way to the screen where you put your credit card in but nothing. Not sure what is going on.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you promoting your store? Are you paying for better visibility on Google shopping?

Funny on Amazon we had some guy complaining of slow sales and when we looked at his listings it was no surprise. Foreign seller that didn't bother to have anyone check his English, he sells auto parts, and his bullets said: "save money with broke parts"! Rolling Eyes Shocked Yesterday 9 days after we all spent time telling him how to succeed he hadn't changed a thing that I could see and was still selling 'broke parts'. Some deserve slow/no sales. However, I believe you have been working this a bit better than he does as I am sure you aren't selling broken shoelaces! Laughing There are quite a few eCRATER groups on Facebook that you can promote to as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: