eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pricing Set-Up Guidance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyCarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Pricing Set-Up Guidance Reply with quote

Hi - I'm looking for some guidance in setting up pricing.
I'm based in the UK and have my account on the .co.uk site of eCRATER
However... my focus will be to sell primarily to the US and that's where I want to 'optimise' my listings.

1) Ideally I'd like to set up my product pricing in UK Pounds and have eCRATER convert to US Dollars at the going exchange rate... BUT it looks to me as if eCRATER is totally US Dollar Driven so, even though my account is at .co.uk I need to set my prices in US Dollars - could someone confirm that my assumption there is correct?

2) That being the case, if the UK/US exchange rate takes a tumble I'll need to change ALL the prices on each of my items. Is there a way to do that in bulk? Really don't fancy having to monitor prices and update all my listings each time there's a substantial exchange rate fluctuation! Rolling Eyes

Phill
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LazyCarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Ok - I've found the GLOBAL EDITING function Embarassed
So that's point (2) taken care of... Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER will monitor and change your rates for shipping as needed. For many years I sold to both the UK and AUS and didn't have trouble with a market tumble. I went to college in Canada for 4 years, so I got used to living with two kinds of currency simultaneously. The exchange rate usually changes fairly slowly over time. Try to build a bit into your comfort zone for the initial price of your shirts. Say you want to list it at $4.50, It would be better to list it as $4.99 or $5.00 to be sure you don't trip over a currency change. The global editor will be your friend absolutely! PP will convert the money into GPB for you as well. I think they may charge a small (tiny) fee for doing so, but much nicer than having to deal with it than your bank I suppose.

BTW - I read UK crafting magazines as well as plenty of UK novels and so I think I have a bit more of a handle on UK expressions than perhaps many. I even just asked hubby as well and he had never heard the expression of being 'chuffed'. You might want to substitute a different word there. If you do run into problems trying to figure out how to say something, please ask and we will try to help you out.
LazyCarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moonwishes - Thanks for the reply that's useful to know.
And thanks for looking over my store... I didn't realise it was 'visible' yet, I'm still flicking back and forth trying to get a balance and figure out what's supposed to go where.
I'll be sure to delete the word 'chuffed' Laughing if you don't know what it means it could mean anything!

Really looking forward to selling here - although it lacks some of the features of the more established selling venues it feels a lot more user/buyer friendly to me - not so pushy and more relaxed.

Thanks for the friendly reply - much appreciated!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
although it lacks some of the features of the more established selling venues

ECRATER is established. It was started in 2014 so 15 years old. It has hung in when others have come and gone. We have had many newbies come in and volunteer all the sellers here to pay a fee so that we could have this or that. They leave eBay especially and within days want all the bells and whistles eBay has which has never made much sense to me. Isn't going to happen. Many also complain that nothing sells on eCRATER and nobody sells anything of which I beg to differ with them. I have had well over 5000 sales since I started here part-time to test the waters in 2008 and then when I hit bottom with eBay (having more in fees than income) I dropped eBay completely and came here fulltime in 2009. Amazon opened itself up to sewing patterns in 2012 so I also sell (have sold there since 2002) there and that is the majority of my orders, but I won't give up eCRATER as I like this site, it does everything I need it for and doesn't give me ulcers. You do have to take responsibility for promoting your store and I have never minded doing that at all. My only problem is getting so tired and the lack of energy that goes down yearly.

One of the best places for you to promote your store will be Pinterest as well as Facebook.

Hope all goes well! Well I obviously got the date wrong up there! Sorry about that. I have been here since 2008 and it was around for several years before that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: