eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Quick request for suggestions on the Google Shopping Feed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and answer DC's questions because they are pertinent to the topic. I used to enter the product_type in attributes, but was later told by EC admin that it gets overwritten by what eCrater submits. I believe they determine the product type by the google_product_category that gets submitted for each product, if Google even uses the product_type attribute anymore. All I know is that it's a waste of time to manually enter the product_type in attributes. LOL

As a matter of fact, it's a waste of time to enter any attribute that eCrater submits for us. Let's see if I can remember them all: product_type/googe_product_category, condition, title, description, image links, sales tax, price, quantity, shipping info...okay, I'm drawing a blank, but may have covered them all.

Also, Sheila is correct about what I learned regarding the GTIN, which is that we use the actual GTIN we're entering, not "GTIN". After being confused by some info I read, I had gone through and changed a LOT of listings' attributes to GTIN (from UPC or ISBN-13) and Google wouldn't accept them. So I changed them all back and everything is copacetic.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
HandmadeJewelryByJim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> That's fine, but you should remove the line "Etsy description" from your eCRATER listings.

I've been trying to figure out what you were referring to. Now that you wrote it that way.... I know exactly how that got in there...and you're right, it shouldn't be there. Fixing that now.

> but I guess you think a postcard seller has no clue about handmade items.

Unless you're telepathic, don't try to tell me what I'm thinking. You'll only end up embarassing yourself, like you just did by knowingly falsely accusing me. And a false accusation is also known as a lie, and I really don't like it when people lie about me, especially when they do so in public. And that is all I'm going to say on that, so don't bother.

> This could get several answers and we've hijacked Jim's thread where he needs help with his store.

Actually, aside from the goof (see above) from when I added a slightly different version of my description from the Etsy one and got the words Etsy Description in there accidentally, I think I've got it taken care of. And since it has taken a serious side-step, and now I'm here getting false accusations tossed at me, I'm stepping out of this thread.

Later,
--jim
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila is one of the best helpers on this forum. She remembers and knows things that I can't keep straight especially when it comes to stuff about computers. Just saying I think where she had confirmed things, by asking if anyone who sold handmade items has gotten the google attributes to work was basically saying that no one else could or should be able to help. We have plenty of handmade makers and they run into the same things like you are running into.

We all went through this when suddenly we had to attach attributes to ALL our listings in something like 3-4 months! For myself, I had 8000+ items that I had to do that to. Many of my older patterns don't have a UPC, but they are being seen anyhow. Some not as much as others, but then with as much in inventory that I have, obviously no one buyer is going to look at everything. My things do show up in GS. Just trying to find an example, and got sidetracked by a pattern that needed a tweak and I try really hard to not work on Sunday.

As a side note, I am dyslexic and even though I run my stuff through spellcheck and grammar check, I still miss things. Not however in the way that someone that doesn't use English as their primary language or guys that spent their school years on the football field! It is obvious that they have no excuse for the bad compostition of posts. It is the ones that we mention to even use the electronic things like spell check for their listings and titles and they tell us that as far as they are concerned THAT isn't important nor does it have anything to do with looking professional Shocked . To me it is when deciding if I want to buy from them, I will pass them by.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purpleiris wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:
Get busy living or get busy dying."

I've only seen the movie once, but remember that line. It touched me, as well. Suffering from PTSD can be maddening at times, but my faith keeps me going. About 20 years ago, my sister bought me a shirt with a tough-looking Tweety bird on it that said "One tough chick." I've outgrown it, but keep it in the closet because it gives my spirit a little boost every time I see it. LOL

Shawshank's a great movie no doubt, but you can thank the author Stephen King for that line, which is heavily influenced by a scene in "The Outlaw Jose Wales."

It's interesting that since that movie became such a hit, shoes have become so much more important in fashion as part of the identity. Laughing
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim,

I'm sorry to see things have taken a turn here. Not sure what happened, but I do know that everybody has their bad days. I also apologize for hijacking your thread, but thought it would be useful information for you, too, so is why I went ahead and answered DC's questions.

So, please, feel free to ask any questions you may have. These forums are a very good source for getting answers. Personalities may clash, but that doesn't mean we can't all be civil.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Jim personally and to other seller who may read this topic.
I sincerely apologize for my childish and unprofessional reply. There is no acceptable excuse for my behavior, I should have simply walked away from the keyboard.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
To Jim personally and to other seller who may read this topic.
I sincerely apologize for my childish and unprofessional reply. There is no acceptable excuse for my behavior, I should have simply walked away from the keyboard.

Like I said, we all have our bad days. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: