eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Global Editor - Free Shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyCarrot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Global Editor - Free Shipping Reply with quote

How do I use the Global Editor to set US Free Shipping?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you want free shipping from the UK to the US? Have you calculated what your biggest (thus heaviest) t-shirt would be to send? I obviously don't know how much these shirts cost you as well as the personalization, then through in free shipping, PP/Stripe Fees, MO fees if they are charged. Will you make money? That is the idea you know Laughing My computer is driving me nuts and won't let me use the enter key for a new paragraph! Twisted Evil Anyhow, I'm not exactly sure how you would do free shipping with the global editor. I only use the Matrix for shipping so if a shipping price needed changing, I would do that right in the matrix. I used the global editor to change prices as the currency exchange would drift down or up - so only once in a while. Since I stopped for the most part selling to the UK or AUS, it has been about a year and a half since I used it and that was just for changing texts. I just checked and currently your rhinoceros t-shirt is showing zero in GPB to the US. So you may have what you wanted already.
LazyCarrot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks moonwishes... just figured out that i can change my buying location to US so I can actually see what my US customers are looking at - which helps a lot!!

I've just bulk edited my matrix values to zero and that seems to have fixed it. It says 'free shipping to US mainland' which was what I was after.

I'm lucky with my shipping weights/prices in that it costs the same for me to send an S through to 2XL Tee from UK to USA, so providing 'free' shipping by incorporating the shipping costs as a flat rate expense is easy - and shipping from UK covers the whole of the USA at the same rate so I have the slight advantage of US customers not having to enter their ZIP code to calculate the shipping cost - which was what I was aiming for.

Thanks for getting back... much appreciated,
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad to help when I can. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: