eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Subcategory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndproducts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Subcategory Reply with quote

I noticed a subcategory "Specialized" of the parent category "Clothing & Shoes"; however, the subcategory does not show up as an option when listing a product. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to set up your own subcategories and even the sub-sub-categories. This way you can make your store personalized. To see what I am talking about, go to my store, link at the bottom of this post and click on categories in my post. If you click on a subcategory, some like sewing patterns>Misses Sizes>then has about 10 sub-sub-categories. I just started doing the sub-sub ones about a month or so ago and should have been doing it from the beginning as I have a massive amount of them to do!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the home page of eCRATER and did a category search. I see the Global subcategory "Specialized" under the Global Category of Clothing & Shoes. I went to my store and clicked Add New Product. When I selected Global Category of Clothing & Shoes I was offered the option of a Global Subcategory of both Specialized and Specialized > DJ Apparel. Not sure why you didn't see them. Did you enter the Global Category first? You have to enter it before you can enter the Global Subcategory.

If you still are not offered the Global Subcategory, I would suggest sending a message to eCRATER from the contact link on their home page.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sub categories are not so beneficial for shoppers who know exactly what they want and put it in their search criteria. Because the search will bring up what they are looking for. For people who go to your store it gives them all the options you offer and can keep them looking longer.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
The sub categories are not so beneficial for shoppers who know exactly what they want and put it in their search criteria. Because the search will bring up what they are looking for. For people who go to your store it gives them all the options you offer and can keep them looking longer.
While this is true from a buyer's viewpoint, it's very important from a seller's viewpoint. The Google Shopping feed sent by eCRATER uses the Global and Global Subcategories for the "product_type" field of the feed. With GS, every little bit helps in my opinion.
dndproducts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Subcategory Reply with quote

Thank you Shiels Dee's Postcards. The subcategory is available. I must have missed it or maybe eCrater helped me out. Thanks again. I will close this topic. I would also like to thank everyone else that responded to my post. I'm so sorry if I appeared rude and ungrateful by not thanking everyone at first. I guess I'm just getting old. Thanks again.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all old, at least a bunch of us. I so rarely go to the main marketplace that I thought you were talking about subcategories for your own store. Sorry if I confused you.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: