eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Still can't figure out attributes for antiques
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Still can't figure out attributes for antiques Reply with quote

Well I still can't figure out attributes. And if that's what is needed for Google search engines to grab my stuff? There's no reason to waste time listing. Everything I've tried it doesn't accept.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not have a upc code you may type in the first box identifier_exists and in the 2nd box type the word false.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Google grab my stuff doing that?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell craft patterns and I use brand/brand of pattern, mpn/pattern number and upc/ upc code or the identifier_exists/false. The first part under Attibute name, then the 2nd part under attibute value on the Google attributes tab when I am creating a listing.
These are the only attributes I use and I can see my items on Google.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks a lot for the help
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a lot of sales for someone who can't get their items on Google.

https://nothingnew.ecrater.com/p/34324321/outsider-folk-art-pegasas-8-track

This fascinated me. You might want to make your title clearer. I clicked on it because the picture didn't look like an 8 track tape. Saying "made from" in the title might make it clearer. I'd also talk about how it is done. Like you say, you may be the only artist using this technique.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted twice but its not posting. Test
nothingnew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maggie,
Thanks I'll fix the title. I sold here before the attributes long ago. That's when I did ok.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried the identifier_exists and False for some cufflinks and it was rejected by Google shopping. If that's what y'all are using? It's not working on my attributes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothingnew wrote:
Well I tried the identifier_exists and False for some cufflinks and it was rejected by Google shopping. If that's what y'all are using? It's not working on my attributes.

I have had some items 'rejected' for years that are showing on Google shopping. I just checked on something that I had listed last week that didn't have a UPC so had to do the 'identifier_exists:false' deal for it. It is showing on google shopping as the first of its kind before other sellers that have the same item, so yes it works.

I just checked this item of yours that I assume was 'rejected' Vintage Laurel Floor Lamp Mid Century MSM. It is showing for me at least, in the first spot on Google Shopping.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then! Thanks moonwishes. I guess I'll get to adding more things here if they are getting into the search engines. Soon as I can figure out how to not lose the listing page.. lol
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 major categories of Google Shopping Attributes that we must be concerned with on eCRATER if we want our items to appear in Google Shopping (GS) and those are Product Identifiers and Detailed Product Description. The items will still appear in the major search engines without attributes, but you must add them for placement in GS.

In the category of Product Identifiers there are 4 options; brand, gtin, mpn, and identifier_exists. A gtin is the Global Trade Item Number which is a number the manufacture or publisher paid to have assigned to their product. The gtin may be a upc (in the US), ean (in Europe), jan (in Japan), or isbn for books.
* brand - Required for all new items (except books, movies, and music).
* gtin - Required for all new items with a gtin assigned by the manufacture (you exclude all spaces and dashes).
* mpn - Required for new items when no gtin was assigned.
* identifier_exists - use for all items that do not have the above listed identifiers. This would include (but isn't a complete list) handmade items, new items with customization, vintage / antique items, books published without an isbn, clothing without a brand name. You are allowed to use brand, mpn, with identifier_exists if you wish.
Currently GS says to use a value of "no". On eCRATER you can enter a value of no, No, NO, false, False, or FALSE. All forms of both words are acceptable on eCRATER.

NOTE: If you do not submit any of the above, GS will assume a Product Identifier of Identifier_exists with a value of yes and you will get an error or disapproved.

The second category is Detailed Product Description. Many of the attributes in this category are submitted by eCRATER for us based on the information we enter when we list the item. If your item falls under the eCRATER Global Category of "Clothing & Shoes" OR "Jewelry & Watches", there are additional attributes required by GS.
* age_group - accepted values are newborn, infant, toddler, kids, or adult
* gender - acceptable values are male, female, or unisex
* color - must be a color name, do not enter terms like multicolor, variety, various, etc. If the item has more than one color, enter the primary color first followed by other colors using a forward slash (/) to separate the colors. Do not use a space, ie. red/black/white.
* size - if the item is listed in Clothing & Shoes.

NOTE: If your item is listed in a subcategory that states the gender and/or age, you would not need to enter that attribute. For example, if you are selling a girl's T-shirt and it is listed in the Global Sub-Category of Clothing & Shoes > Kid's Clothing > Girls, then you would not have to add the GS attributes of gender or age_group.

GENERAL NOTES ON USING GOOGLE ATTRIBUTES ON ECRATER:
1) You can enter your attributes in the table on the Manage Google Attributes page OR in code at the end of your item description. If you enter them at the end of your item description, they must be entered in the following format [!attribute_name:Attribute_value!]. After you have added or edited an item, when you return to the admin view of that item, your GS attributes will appear in the Attribute Table AND in code at the end of the description. They WILL NOT appear at the end of your description when the item is viewed from the customer view in your store or on the marketplace. If you enter your attribute incorrectly, it will appear on the customer view of the item which is a quick check to know you need to correct your input.

2) All GS attribute names MUST be entered in lower case. No capital letters are allowed. No spaces are allowed.
3) GS attribute values may be entered with or without capitalization and with spaces.
4) The GS attribute "condition" is submitted based on the information you enter when you create the listing. All "new other" items will be submitted to GS as new.
5) Currently, the GS directions state some GS attributes are requied if new, but it is better to enter identifier_exists for all used items if you don't have the required attributes regardless of condition.
6) Not all GS attributes are available on eCRATER. Check the ? box on the GS attribute table page or click on "Promote My Store" in your admin for additional information.
7) A GS attribute name can ONLY be entered once. The size attribute will only accept one value.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you add a new product and didn't add attributes, eCRATER will still submit the item on the GS feed. When eCRATER receives an error message from GS, the error message will appear on the item page. REMEMBER, this error message is the message eCRATER received from GS. After you correct the error, the item will be submitted again. At some point, Google will review the item and respond back to eCRATER. The error message on the item page will remain until updated information is returned from GS. This can take quite some time! Make sure you have entered your attributes correctly, then don't worry about the message ... it will take time so just ignore the message for a few weeks. You can spot check your item in GS to see if it has been added.

DISCLAIMER: I am a seller on eCRATER. I am NOT an employee of Google or eCRATER. This information is based on my experience with GS, information provided by GS, information provided by eCRATER, and information provided by other sellers here in the Community in hopes that it will be helpful. The eCRATER customer service team is always available from the contact link on the home page of the marketplace.

Helpful Information:
Google Product data specification https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112

updated: 08/26/19

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothingnew wrote:
I guess I'll get to adding more things here if they are getting into the search engines.
Keep in mind that the Google Shopping attributes only apply to the feed eCRATER sends to Google Shopping. The appearance of your items in Google, Bing, Yahoo, DDG, etc. will be determined by info the search bots "send back home" and how that search engine decides to index your items.

Also, be sure the first photo for your items is at least 800px by 800px or your item will probably not be shown. It's even better if all your photos are at least that big.

nothingnew wrote:
Soon as I can figure out how to not lose the listing page.. lol
Not sure of your problem. Maybe if you could give more information, we could try to troubleshoot the problem.

Sorry for the long post above. I wrote that to cover a lot of questions that come up regarding Google Shopping attributes. Even though it's way more than your question, it might also help with questions you haven't had yet. Very Happy
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila - I admire you so much. You are so smart about technology. Thank you for the excellent explanation. I am going to print it out!
Lori
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed , aww shucks, thank you lastade. I love teaching and helping folks, but I could NEVER spend week after week in a classroom with high school students. My hat's off to you and all other teachers.

So many sellers find GS attributes confusing because other sites don't give sellers the options with GS that we have here at eCRATER. If you don't do things like GS wants, the other sites just don't send your products to GS and never (or rarely) tell you. I've answered so many individual questions on the subject that I thought it was about time to put all the answers I had in one place. Of course, next week GS may change everything, Rolling Eyes , but I'm going to do my best to keep this up to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: