eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Calculated shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thriftsleuth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Calculated shipping Reply with quote

I have imported all of my Ebay store to Ecrater over 800 items all shapes and sizes. I have to do calculated shipping because I live in Ohio and could not possibly pick flat rate. In options I enabled calculated and select priority and first class. I log out, pretend I am buying, put in my zip or a different state's zip, it is always showing a 1 lb priority cost. Even if my item weighs 4 oz or 3 lbs. When I open an item to edit I see 1 in weight field and weight matrix enabled. Sorry must not be able to show a photo. I manually changed the weight to 3 and it calculates. Is this the way it imports from Ebay? 1 pound for everything?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the eBay import feature and I don't know how the import handles the item weight. I can tell you that on eCRATER all weights must be expressed as a decimal. For example, if the item weighs 8 ounces (1/2 pound) you would enter the item weight as 0.5 and 4 ozs would be entered as 0.25. Having weight matrix checked as a shipping method may be the default. You might want to read the information I just posted here: eCRATER.com Forum Index > Selling on eCRATER.com > SETTING UP SHIPPING FOR NEW SELLER https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38420 where I've tried to explain the shipping options on eCRATER. Using USPS Calculated shipping works well with a store that has a wide range of weights. It over-rides any other shipping method, however you will still need to have a back-up system for the Google Shopping feed and to cover those times that the USPS website might time out.

You might want to create your Local Categories so you can assign them as you go through your items to adjust the weights.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used an eBay download either, a lot of us older sellers didn't as it wasn't available then. One thing I have found though is that the download runs all the sentences in the description together, making it hard to read and unprofessional-looking as well. As Sheila mentioned adding in your categories as well as weight, you should also correct your listings. Once I saw how the eBay stuff comes over, I'm glad I didn't use it because it makes a hash of everything and I had 8000 items to bring over! It was easier to just manually do them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: