eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

probelem imporing from ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
powergrown-com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: probelem imporing from ebay Reply with quote

I need help. This is my third try to import my listings from ebay. Each time it says it failed. Whats going on?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I cannot answer your question with a solution to your problem - for that, it would be best to contact eCrater support staff for assistance, but I can offer you my own experience with importing listings from eBay...
When I first started on eCrater I did the import thing as I have done in the past with other selling venues, but in the long run, it was basically a waste of time as all those imported listings either had missing pictures and/or the descriptions had to be altered/edited to the needs of the new site which meant lots of time spent making changes/adding/deleting content to have the listings presentable for the new site. I have since wised up and I do all my listings from scratch with a lot of copy and paste which ends up being a quicker and more efficient method than importing listings that require so much editing work.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello powergrown-com, I see you have still not had your listings imported from ebay. The only ones who can answer your question would be the eCRATER staff as was stated above. You can reach them by email from the contact link on the home page of ecrater.com. You will get an answer from a real person, but it takes time because the staff is limited.

I looked at your ebay store and it appears you only have 55 items. I've heard it can take several days for the import if the staff is really busy and they probably are really busy now with what appears to be an exodus from ebay. It might be quicker for you to simply add the items yourself. Once you enter one item, you could enter the other sizes by using the duplicate feature and changing the information that is different.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others to just manually do the listing, then your store categories should be correct, your photos correct, the descriptions correct (no run-on sentences as I usually see when someone dumps their stuff here and hopes that a sale might come their way with minimal effort).

55 items is not a lot at all. Many of us long-time sellers didn't even have the eBay option. I brought 8000 listings over manually! Anyhow it gives me the giggles when someone is upset because they can't get the download to work for 20-50 items. Not saying that to be rude, but the fact is you still have a bunch of work to do when the download works!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like maybe you got your eBay download, but some of your items have no description other than being the same as the title and others are the eBay form of one long run-on paragraph. No explanation for many of your products to even tell a buyer what these little packets of mystery product will do. No cautions about it, etc. The second photo that you show, I assume is to give buyers that information, however, it is unreadable even if zoomed up as it is too fuzzy.

Are these packets of whatever it is for outdoor plants or indoor ones? For outdoor plants, remember that we are heading into winter so you might not get much in the way of sales for the next few months. Although perhaps you have sold this elsewhere and know the buying habits of your customers.

Best wishes for your store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: