eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TropicalOasisSeeds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Help with shipping Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to Ecrater and have set up shipping costs as flat rate $3.95 for everything I sell . I only want to charge once, not for every item buyers purchase. How can I do this. I see the $3.95 on my preview page, but when I go and check out on my own item, there are no shipping costs. Can someone explain how this works?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER! This is the same system I use in my Postcard store. I charge one price, $2.75, no matter how many postcards a customer may order. Under Shipping Zones, you will have US_Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii selected. Under Weight Matrix you'll see the grid with US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. I have $2.75 entered in every square except the last one marked 16+ where I have 0.00 entered because there is no extra fee for more than 16.

On every item page I've entered the weight as 1 and the Shipping selected as Weight Matrix. This way, if the customer orders 1 item the weight will be 1 and the Weight Matrix will look to the 1 column and return the shipping of $2.75. If the customer orders 10 items the weight will be 1 x 10 = 10 and the shipping from the 10 column will be $2.75. If the customer orders 20 items the weight will be 1 x 20 = 20 and the Weight Matrix will look to the 16 column, return $2.75 + the amount in column 16+ x 4 (20 - 16) = 0.00, so shipping will be $2.75 + $0.00 = $2.75.

Now of course since you want your shipping to be $3.95, you'll use 3.95 everywhere I used 2.75.

Using this method, you'll never be able to switch to the USPS calculated shipping unless you change the weight of every item.

If you sell something that can not be shipped for 3.95, you'll simply enter that item as Flat rate shipping and show the shipping for that one item. If the customer buys that item plus 2 of your regular items the checkout will add the shipping cost of that one item, plus the shipping from the 2 column. If the one special item has a shipping cost of $7.50 the system would add $7.50 + $3.95 and charge the customer $11.15.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.
TropicalOasisSeeds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the explanation, that was very helpful. I did everything wrong.. Thankfully there is a global editor.
TropicalOasisSeeds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I did everything you said, and it shows the $3.95 Shipping cost, but when I check out on my own item, it still doe not add the shipping, it only charges the item price. Same as before when I used the flatrate.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eCRATER checkout system does not add the shipping until after the customer clicks on the PayPal button, goes to PayPal to complete their information and is returned to eCRATER. Customers do not have accounts on eCRATER so the checkout system does not know where the customer lives. After the customer clicks to pay with PayPal, they are taken to PayPal where they can either sign into their account or use their credit card. After they complete the information on PayPal, the system returns them to eCRATER checkout with their shipping information. At that point the checkout system adds the shipping and asks them to click the Submit button to complete the transaction. You do not have a sale until the customer actually clicks on the Submit button after they have seen the shipping.

This works a little different from other systems, but the customer never has to create an account AND their credit card information is never given to eCRATER or the seller.

You can check this by going through the checkout system IF you don't sign in to your paypal account AND don't click on the submit button when you are returned to the checkout. Be sure to delete the items from your cart when you are returned from PayPal.
TropicalOasisSeeds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your kindness to reply and explain things.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: