eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Quantity discounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommysCufflinks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Quantity discounts Reply with quote

Hi to all

Is there a way to offer discounts for multiple purchases of similar products.

For example 'Wedding Cufflinks' are indivdually priced for each participant (Groom, Usher, Best Man, etc). How do I offer a discount for say a selection of five or ten different names in the wedding group

I can reduce shipping charge for each additional item, but thisdoes not become visible to a buyer, until after the PayPal checkout process.

Ideally a dropdown selection list would be best, but I don't think that option is available to eCrater sellers.

Thanks in advance for any input
Dennis
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello TommysCufflinks, Welcome to eCRATER and to the community. I'm sorry no one has replied to your question. I saw your question soon after you posted and didn't have time to answer, then it was overlooked when I returned.

You are correct that there isn't a dropdown box on eCRATER. The only rule that I know that applies to your question is in the eCRATER terns where it states:
Quote:
4.5 What is not allowed to post?

- Multiple listings of the same item are not allowed. Listing items in lots with a different price per item in lots is not allowed. Each item should be listed only once. The exception for this is that paying merchants are allowed a maximum of 5 lots per item.
Since sellers don't pay to list, eCRATER sometimes restricts a features until after the seller has sales, they are invoiced around the middle of the following month, and the seller pays their bill. At this point the seller is a paying merchant. Generally, this would apply when there is one price for item A, a second listing for a pair, a 3rd listing for a set of 4, a 4th listing for a dozen, etc up to a total of 5 listings for item A. It is assumed that a seller has quantity available to fill all lots listed.

You are presenting a different case that is somewhat similar, where you want to group different items for one shipping. Only eCRATER would be able to give you an official answer for that one. I can also see where you might want to sell a group of matching cufflinks as groomsmen gifts. For the short term, I would add a question in the FAQs about combined shipping for multiple items. The customer could always contact you for a special "custom package with reduced shipping". You could then list their item as a special order in your store so you have all the information through your store OR you could issue the customer a PayPal invoice for the customer order.

Just another suggestion on a different subject, you really need to add something to your FAQ page and your About page. If nothing else, just copy your Home page about statement to your About page. When customers come to your store from a link to the item, they may never see your home page, but they may click on either the about link at the bottom of every page OR click on the FAQ tab at the top then click to your about page. Also, the search engines check all your text pages and a blank page is a wasted opportunity.
TommysCart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you for your reply, my question really only related to “Wedding Cufflinks” and I have since added a note to my listings for these styles, suggesting customers contact me with their requirements. Then if needed I can issue a PayPal invoice for the order.
I appreciate your comments regarding my FAQ and About pages and have now started to rectify that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: