eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with Free shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sellingtime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Help with Free shipping Reply with quote

I have changed some of my listings to free shipping through the edit button, but it is still showing up as calculated. How do I offer free shipping on only some of my items?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have never used calculated, I am just guessing here. Have you changed all the spots at the bottom of the listing page to reflect that no shipping or handling will be charged? I don't currently have my store open so I can't give an example, but that is my first thought.

Also if at the same time you tried to make some listing free shipping, did you add free shipping to the title and then get a warning because you have used too many characters? If that happened, you might notice that the price would change from what you had set up for international prices and the items at the bottom of the page may have reverted back to what they were before you made changes.

I found this out by accident when I sold a pattern that I thought was listed at $6.99 for $10.99 to someone in the UK. When I had to fix the title, the price of it had jumped back to what I had last listed for another pattern. Happy accident however as I learned that people were willing to pay more than $6.99 for that particular brand!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Free shipping Reply with quote

Sellingtime wrote:
I have changed some of my listings to free shipping through the edit button, but it is still showing up as calculated. How do I offer free shipping on only some of my items?
When you use USPS Calculated shipping it is a store-wide selection and it over-rides any other choice you may select. The only way to use Calculated shipping and have a single item ship for free would be to list the weight of the item as 0. With a 0 weight there would be no postage charged, but you will not get the statement Free Shipping on the item page.

Note you must have a "back-up" shipping in place which would be your choice of free, weight matrix or flat rate. You back-up shipping will be the amount submitted to Google Shopping. (See the ? note on your admin option page where it explains USPS Calculated Shipping.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: