eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Still having problems... just can't seem to fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmagikcomicsandcollectables

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Still having problems... just can't seem to fix Reply with quote

OK, I guess the 1st place to start is what does these mean?

Fig 1
1) Invalid attribute: gtin
2) Reserved range GTIN
3) Ambiguous GTIN code

I sell mostly comics books some are older without UPC's and some have them.
Some book are Newsstand editions and other are Direct market.

Fig 2
1) Name: Civil War II set 1
Example of Direct market Codes: 761941343495 00421
2) Name: Ghost Rider #39
Example of Newsstand Ed Codes: 071486013174 07

My research tells me that the last digits may not be relevant but I'm still not sure.

The video's that I sell is harder because some of the UPC's don't show up when I do a web search.

Fig 3
1) Name: 3, upc: 7869362675630, format: DVD, rating: TV-14
2) Name: Bram's Strokers... upc: 0433961291600, format: DVD, rating: R
3) Name: StarTrek, upc: 09736485049, format: DVD, rating: PG-13

I almost forgot about the video games.
In Fig. 1 Num. 3 is all about the video and video games

Fig. 4
1) Name: Dino Crisis, brand: Capcom, upc: 0133882145900, age_group: TEEN, platform: Playstation 1, rating: Mature

I don't know what I'm doing I guess...
Any help?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmagikcomicsandcollectables wrote:
OK, I guess the 1st place to start is what does these mean?

Fig 1
1) Invalid attribute: gtin
2) Reserved range GTIN
3) Ambiguous GTIN code

I sell mostly comics books some are older without UPC's and some have them.
Some book are Newsstand editions and other are Direct market.

1) Invalid attribute: gtin -
a.) The attribute you submitted doesn't agree with the one Google has on file for that item. They may be wrong.
b) You may have submitted too many or not enough numbers.
2) Reserved range GTIN
a) The number you submitted isn't a Global Trade Item Number. Sometime a chain store may have their own price code (upc) on the item. Google says, "Restricted ranges have the following prefixes: 02, 04, or 2."
3) Ambiguous GTIN code
a) Usually means you submitted the incorrect number of digits. For example, you entered the older 10-digit ISBN instead of the newer 13-digit ISBN. If the 10-digit is correct and it's a used item, it probably better to just use the identifier_exists attribute with a value of no (accepted value would be no, NO, False or FALSE. either one with any combination of upper and lower letters)

If you are selling a used item, Google Shopping wants the Product Identifiers, but they are not required. If you don't use them, then you MUST enter the attribute identifier_exists.

If you are selling an item that has one upc for several items, always use the identifier_exist attribute.

If you are selling an item that was originally sold as a set by the manufacture, always use the identifier_exists attribute. (The upc will be the GTIN for the set.)

When you enter your attributes, make sure there are NO spaces before or after the title. It's easy to have a space if you copy/paste, but then you get it rejected.

After you correct your attributes, sit back and wait. It can takes weeks for the error to be reflected on your item page. The correction is sent by eCrater to Google, then at some point they get around to making the correction and sending the info back to eCRATER. Once eCrater hears back from Google, then they correct the message on the page. Once you make a correction, wait a few days (a week?) then look for your item on Google Shopping. If it's there, great .. you're done. Just ignore the error message for that item.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila - Did something change on the part of a whole set scenario? I recall reading a while back that G wanted any part of a set to be listed under the correct gtin corresponding to that set. I don't keep up on this daily so indeed something could well have changed, but thought I'd point it out. Makes sense to me though, as you could be selling a part of a $500 item and be lowering the range by hundreds, or vice versa--in which case the only reason anyone would look at your listing would be curiosity.

btw: just an fyi to the op: ambiguous gtin doesn't mean your item is disqualified. It may mean results will be a little skewed, but it doesn't remove you from results. In fact, in some cases it can even set you apart (usually a good thing).

I've had to wait 3 months for some corrections to be made. Sometimes stuff just sits there. It would be nice to have a direct line with G, but they reserve that stuff for people with their own accounts, not us lowly peons. Laughing
blackmagikcomicsandcollectables

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.
This all is making a lot of sense now.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@blackmagikcomicsandcollectables .. You're welcome. Attributes are confusing and the rules are not written in stone. Google requires all customer service to be handled by the marketplace which is a royal pain for both the eCRATER Staff and eCRATER sellers. However, we are given more information and tools here than any other site of which I'm aware.

DC, I'm not aware of GS ever wanting the GTIN for a set to be used for an item from the set. I agree with your reason why it shouldn't be done. I just did a Google Search for more info, plus I reviewed all current into provided by G for attributes. Every thing I saw led me to believe you should NEVER use the GTIN assigned by the manufacture for a set when you are only selling part of the set. Now, sometimes a manufacture will assign a GTIN (upc) to each item in the set, then package them together with a different GTIN. If you think about things from the grocery store, I buy a package of 4 Campbell soups. The 4 cans are packaged with a GTIN (upc) and sold for 1 price. The cans are labeled the same as the cans sold individually with their individual GTIN. The store could remove the package and sell the individual cans. So, in this case, there are 2 manufacture assigned GTINs, one for the individual can and one for the 4 pack.

As sellers of collectibles know, sometimes a manufacture will produce a "collection" (with an assigned GTIN) where the individual items are not packaged for re-sale, the manufacturer never intended to sell them individually as they appear in the collection, and no GTIN was ever assigned for the individual item. Now the same item may have been sold as an individually packaged item with a GTIN, but it's still considered "different" by true collectors. In my mind, that individual item with no packaging doesn't have a GTIN and would be listed with the attribute of identifier_exists. I haven't found anything from Google that says I'm 100% correct, but it fits with what I have found. Also, if the individual item from the "collection" has no packaging, it would be considered used. GTINs are recommended but not required for used items.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: