eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Create a promo code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
24-hour-mall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Create a promo code Reply with quote

I created 2 promo codes. One for free shipping on orders of $65 and one for 20% off any item. I may change them to something else ... I am just trying to figure out how this works and what it will look like for a customer.

I don't see either promo in my shop. Is there something I am missing here?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, never done one. They must have slipped that in behind my back! You might want to double-check with the eCRATER team to see if you did it correctly.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Create a promo code Reply with quote

24-hour-mall wrote:
I created 2 promo codes. One for free shipping on orders of $65 and one for 20% off any item. I may change them to something else ... I am just trying to figure out how this works and what it will look like for a customer.

I don't see either promo in my shop. Is there something I am missing here?

I took several months fretting then a few serious days of trying to work through this....All promos are store-wide, so we gottaa live with that. Not understanding the code process, I just kept tweaking things until I found satisfaction.

The only way I can figure out to have anyone know about your promo codes is to list the code Information on your sites where you promote your goods, as well as within you promote my store thread here on ecrater. (if you don't have one, make one now)..

The promo code is to be input at checkout, so you must specify this in all your promotion efforts.

The full title you used in your internal promo codes category lists is the actual name of the code which needs to be entered upon checkout, so keep it short and simple....like freeship or 20off.

In one of my stores I created a text image describing the current promo and then created a category in the store stating Storewide Promo and Instructions to use the code at checkout.

Do not enter any products under that category....it's just serving as a place marker for any promos you want to run and the category photo can then be featured on your main page.
Alternately, You could place all your store categories within that promo category if your store is brand new, or maybe you can move all current categories under the promo code umbrella, changing that text image as you change your promos....maybe?

Also, try to add the PROMO info to your home page info or FAQ area.

I believe only one promo code can be entered at checkout for any transaction....so there will not be double dipping on your promos.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish ecrater would add a limit to the code. At least then if they buy something you didn't want to include, you don't have to worry much. Or better yet, add us to the G Shopping checkout where those codes do have limits.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the only thread I found on the Promo Codes, so I'm asking my question here. Has anyone been successful in using the Promo Codes? Sounds like a lot of work to get them noticed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only information I have saved on Promo Codes:

Promo Codes Announced:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37923

Additional questions and answers:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38087

https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38481 (which is this topic)

Hope some of this information will help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: