eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Adding attributes and values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PamperedSenses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Adding attributes and values Reply with quote

Is there a tutorial on how to add the attributes and values. I am selling candles and they dont have upc's etc. I am trying to figure out exactly how the columns should look.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is information on the attributes when you click on the ? mark to the right at the top of the Google Attribute table. There is also additional information in your store admin. using the link on the left titled Promote My Store.

I took a look at your store and it appears you are selling candles you've made. In that case you only need one attribute which you can add via the table OR you can add it at the end of the description. Using the table, you would enter identifier_exists in the left column (Attribute Name) and you would enter No in the right column (Attribute Value). The Attribute Name MUST be entered with all lower case letters and make sure you use an underscore between the two words with no space before, between or after the Attribute Name. The Attribute Value can be entered with upper or lower case letters and the system will accept a value of No or False.

If you want to add the attribute at the end of the description, there is a special way they must be entered. (It's sort of like coding html.) You would enter a left bracket, exclamation point, Attribute Name, colon, Attribute Value, Exclamation point, right bracket. For example .. [!identifier_exists:No!] This would be entered a line or two after you've completed your description. This is helpful if you are following a personal template for your descriptions when the attribute is the same for a number of items you are listing.

After you've entered your Google Attributes, clicked save, exited the item, then return to the item you'll see the Google Attributes will appear in the table AND at the end of your description regardless of the method you used. The attributes will NOT appear in the description when you view the item in the customer view. If you ever view an item on eCRATER where you can see the attributes, the seller made a mistake in entering the attributes.
PamperedSenses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. Even when I enter the attributes it is saying I still need to list the brand. I understood since the candles are hand made I did not have too.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I just looked at your Sweet Potato Brown Sugar item and may I make a few suggestions? I went to Google shopping and didn't find it on the first three pages of my results. I think part of the problem is your title. It doesn't indicate at all what this is. Something to eat for the Holidays, a candle, soap, wax warmers and I actually found some soap and body lotion! Why would anyone want to smell like a sweet potato????

Anyhow, as you are trying to raise awareness, I am sure of your brand, I would have no problems putting the brand in your title as well as in your attributes. Also use a product number which you could put into the attribute for mpn. Not sure how Google will look at that but you can try.

Also, you are allowed 100 characters in your title. 'Sweet Potato Brown Sugar' has only 24. You are leaving valuable 'real estate' empty. Put it to work with a title like this:

Pampered Senses Sweet Potato Brown Sugar Soy Tea Light Wax Warmer 3 Ounces

That title is 75 characters so you still have space for 25 more which could include your product number or something else you want to say. This gives you way more keywords in your title which will help buyers find you. I know that you only asked about attributes, but this goes hand in hand with them. One of the things that Google picks up on so you don't always have to state things is the category something is listed under. For instance, your category for this item is under 'winter clams'. I have no idea what that means or why you would use it. Google most likely won't know what to do with it other than stick it under a seafood or fish category of some kind.

I hope this can be of some help to you as I want to see you succeed as it helps all of us succeed.
Very Happy
PamperedSenses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: You guys are awesome Reply with quote

I will try these. Thank you so much.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Let us know how it turns out Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ PamperedSenses, I noticed you use the term clam or clamshell a lot in both your categories, titles, and descriptions. I had no idea what you are talking about. After an internet search, I found a wealth of sites where I could buy packageing for candles. One thing I didn't find in the first few pages were sites selling candles. I could be wrong, but I'm really not sure that term is going to help you sell your hand poured soy blend wax melts. Maybe the term is used more widely than I realize. I would also recommend that you list either the weight or size of the product in the description. It wouldn't hurt to mention it in your title also.

I know it may seem redundant to mention the product type in the title of the categories, but the search engines provide links to your category if they know what it is. For example, you have a category titled Winter Clams. A suggestion would be Winter Scented Wax Melt Clams.

For online sales, don't be shy about saying in your descriptions what makes your candles unique, special, and/or better. I see from your facebook page that you've done shows. Think about the questions you were asked about your candles and melts and provide those answers in your descriptions.

I really like your logo and labels, well done. I wish you the best of luck with your new eCRATER store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: