eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knots4UbyMe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

I am new to eCrater - less than 3 months. I have mostly mens clothing listed now but I am working on other items to list. I have womens clothing and some childrens stuff. I will also be listing my handmade items (crocheted) as I get GOOD pics.

I am curious as to how well other sellers are doing. I have sent a couple emails with questions, but I have received no response from the owners/moderators of this site. Is this still a well used site?

I do see that most of my items are hits from Google but no sales yet. Hoping to make some sales before end of year.

check me out
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. Yes this is a site that people come to. I have actively been selling here for 10-11 years with over 5000 sales. If you have sent questions to the eCRATER team, they usually are answered, but they are all answered individually by a team member or the site owner himself, his name is Dimitar. The team is rather small. You may get a quicker response from the forum. Just find the appropriate topic, and post your question. Most of us active forum members are happy to help. It is usually better to start your own thread than jumping on someone else's as then things can get a bit mangled.

I can see one huge flaw with your site, at least the items that I looked, at for why nothing is selling. You have no sizes on things. You can't sell clothing without sizes. Not only should you include sizes, but you need to include measurements of the actual clothes. I do product reviews for Amazon and have gotten a large amount of clothing over the years. For the most part guys 2XL is always the same size across the brands, but women's size 2XL is all over the place. I have seen it equated to size 18 when in reality it is about a size 24-26! I have gotten size 4x items to try and could barely get them past my thighs. I have gotten things in my size that do not fit at all (and then happily some fit wonderfully). So with women it is very important to put in measurements.

I don't mean to dump on you, but after getting to see my little princess granddaughter for the third time this weekend and she is just about 13 months old I was drawn to the cute little dress. No size, no color (mellow is not a color), I also have no understanding of what that first sentence in your description means or why it is there. The description should only be talking about the product itself, so talking about separates in the first line of a description for a dress is a bit weird.

I don't know if you have sold online elsewhere, but I hope you understand that I am honestly trying to help you. The search engines, such as Google, Bing, etc. send out 'sypders' and 'bots' to check out new web pages which each listing is. The 'see' the words and they do whatever they do to rank the page for showing. They use the words that you used to send lookers to the page and in the instance of the dress, if someone is doing a search for baby separates, they might be shown the dress. Not that it isn't cute, but if they are looking for a top and pants they are going to be disappointed. Please understand that this is not a technical description of what is happening but it is how I think of it happening .So you want to insert keywords that people will be looking for in both your title and description. Your title can have 100 characters with the most important nearer the front. But you would probably want to insert Girls Size 18 months Party Dress. So it might look like this: American Princess Girls Size 18 Months Tiered Lacy Party Dress Ecru (I am on my laptop that doesn't behave for copy and paste or doing word counts but this should be close). I'm not sure of the color but if it is in the beige family, ecru sounds so much nicer than boring beige! Very Happy

I hope some of this is of help to you and I wish you much success. Every successful seller here, brings in more success to all of us.
leeyee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome !! I am also a new member here, and try to sell my item step by step. Very Happy Very Happy
Knots4UbyMe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes: Thank you for your reply. You were not "dumping" on me, you were being honest about how I can improve my listings and thus increase my sales.

The description posted came straight from American Princess. I have updated the description. The "seperates" part must have referred to the included diaper cover/panty that is included.

I was not certain about including measurements. Specifically which measurements to include.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well about measurements. On sewing patterns men's measurements are chest waist and hips. On women it is bust, waist hips, neck to waist, total length. I tried selling clothing and was totally lousy so hopefully someone that is used to doing this will pop around. But in general you lay out the garment flat and measure the distance from under the armpit from one side to the next and then at the waist and the hips, Also the measurement from the shoulder to waist. An important measurement for someone who is short-waisted or long-waisted like I am. When I sew a dress of top I have to add on 2" others wise something where the waist should hitting me a certain spot becomes an empire waist instead. I have seen woman who didn't understand that concept wearing empire tops with the lower bust line above their bust. When you are trying things on a store you can decide if something fits, but of course, ordering by mail is a whole other story!

As to the dress, of course you will want to include the panty in the description. Most likely the size and colors were off some where else on a page.

Men's long sleeve shirts, you might also want to include that measurement from the shoulder to the wrist. My hubby and son are both 6'2" and to see the difference in different sleeve lengths. Some 2XL shirts the sleeve ends several inches above his wrist and others will fit perfectly. One reason I like my son going with me to the thrift store so I can check the shirt against his long arms. I quit buying shirts else where as hubby tends to treat his shirts like wearable rags. Before he could no longer do it he restored pianos and if he had to wipe a drip or whatever, why bother trying to find a rag? LOL So I'd rather spend $2 on a shirt than the $24 I spent when we first got married.
Knots4UbyMe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes: Thank you again. You are extremely helpful. I will look into your suggestions. It will take me a few days to get the updates ready and posted.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knots4UbyMe wrote:
Moonwishes: Thank you again. You are extremely helpful. I will look into your suggestions. It will take me a few days to get the updates ready and posted.

You are very welcome and I know that these things take time. But better to get things fixed sooner rather than later when you have a couple 100 more items listed. The attributes nonsense came up when I had about 8000 listings here! All of which needed to be manually done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: