eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Your One stop shop for hand painted glass has arrived! Come

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieoswaldoriginals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Your One stop shop for hand painted glass has arrived! Come Reply with quote

Hi All! I'm new here. I love making hand painted glass items like funny wine glasses, sand sets, cool teacher gifts and wooden name signs. Get a jump on your Christmas list today in my shop.
Very Happy www.katieoswaldoriginals.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first suggest you delete the other two introduce yourself posts.

Welcome. What is a sand set and a sand ceremony?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I don't understand what the sand ceremony is supposed to be either. On one you mentioned a drop down box to say if you need more items. What drop down box?

Also you might want to spell out what you mean by the word 'convo'. I have seen it in UK magazines, but not here in the US as such, and you need to remember that not all buyers are up on lingo like a seller might be. You don't have a limit on how much you can write in your description, so better to write things out for clarity than use abbreviations that not everyone will recognize.

I read - a LOT and so when I start bumping up against unfamiliar words I figure most other know what it means as well. Just like the sand ceremony thing. Take the time to describe what it is and when is it used. At the reception, during the ceremony or what.

I am not trying to be rude or anything else. I want us all to succeed and if I don't understand what you are selling, others may not as well. To sell things, buyers have to understand and know what they are buying.
katieoswaldoriginals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Sand Ceremony info Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for the feedback. A sand ceremony set can be used during a wedding ceremony. There is a center container and two smaller containers or more if you have a blended family and would like the children involved. Two different colors or sand go in the smaller bottles. The idea is the bride has one color and groom the other. Each pours some into the center bottle so two become one. THe colors cannot be separated which represents the couple's love for each other. most couples choose two different colors of sand, but another option to sand from your favorite beach and dirt form your favorite mountain trip.
I'll definitely add longer detailed descriptions. Coming from etsy, my experience has been many buyers don't read beyond the frist few lines so I kept things short.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is a version of a candle ceremony. Where the mothers have a lit candle and then together light a larger candle representing the two children together. When my son got married, they had to teach me how to get a lighter going LOLs!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and to the eCRATER Community! You have a really nice store. I was delighted to see you took full advantage of your title length. If you don't want to add more info on the sand ceremony on the item page, you might consider adding it as a FAQ. I was also unfamiliar with the custom and I live near the beach!

I would also suggest you delete the use of the word convo. Until Moon said it was used in the UK I thought it was only a quirky term used only on Etsy. In the early days of Etsy, as a buyer, I had no idea what the word meant. It looked like convoy, but the context wasn't military. I had to do an internet search to figure out what the sellers were trying to say. I had to laugh because my spell checker just flagged it as incorrect or unknown.

Here on eCRATER a buyer has two options to contact the seller, either click on the Contact Seller link which is available on every item page or go to your contact page to get your email address to send you an email directly. Remember, buyer's don't have accounts on eCRATER so all communication is done through email. It is so annoying when the shopper doesn't enter their email correctly. You respond and your response bounces back because either they entered their email address incorrectly or they have their email program set so emails from unknown addresses are refused. I use an email address that contains the name of my shop and I make sure the first few words of the subject help them realize it's the answer to their question. Since I've done that, I don't think I've had any bounce, but it was a problem at one time.

You can use any email you wish to receive customer communications and order notifications. The email you used when you opened your store is your Primary email address and MUST be kept current with the eCRATER staff. It can only be changed by direct contact with them. However, you can change the email you use for customer communications and orders from your store admin page under "Edit Account Info".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I stopped selling routinely to international customers, I used UK and OZ magazines to figure out what they called an item so I could put the word into my attributes so that they could find it. Other countries use words in different ways than we do. Even when I went to college in Canada, I had to learn new words AND new ways of spelling. We from the USA were told that words that had a different spelling in Canada, we had to use that spelling. As I typed term papers as a way of supporting myself up there, it meant I also had to try to remember to spell things correctly when I typed those things.

For clothing in other countries it was interesting to see some of our words used in a different way, such as a jumper her is a dress that goes over a top, while in the UK it means a pull-on sweater. Or pajamas, are pyjamas. It just became routine for me, but also probably why at one point for several years 20% of my sales were international! I lost a lot of buyers when the postal prices got too high!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: