eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Store not showing in the marketplace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Store not showing in the marketplace Reply with quote

Hello, can someone offer up any suggestions? I've been searching and searching and cannot find any reason for my store to not show up in the marketplace. I just opened it yesterday, I believe I've filled out everything correctly. What am I doing wrong? I see that silverscott.ecrater.com is active but my store and items are not showing up in the market place.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I click on your store name I see your store = has 2 items listed.
SilverScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering, that's why I am confused.... shouldn't my store be in the ecrater market place automatically? I'm thrilled that you can see my store and I will be able to direct traffic here, however, I would like to take advantage of this market place as well.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello SilverScott, I took a look at your store and noticed you only allow payment through Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check. If you review the Terms of Service you'll see your items are not eligible for inclusion in the marketplace. You are free to enjoy your cost free eCrater store which you can promote and direct your customers to your store. If you want your items to be included in the marketplace (which also includes a feed to Google Shopping for free) you will need to offer PayPal, Stripe, or both. Below is part of the terms of service to which you agreed when you opened your store. I have added bold to the sentence that answers your question.

Quote:
5. Guidelines and Actions We May Take

5.1 All products uploaded with stock images may receive lower rank in eCRATER searches and categories in the main eCRATER marketplace. In addition only products from merchants who enabled PayPal, Stripe or both as payment option(s) are listed in the main marketplace. Merchants with past due amount of marketplace cost might not be listed in the main marketplace and in Google Shopping.
SilverScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay great to know, not sure how I missed that. Thanks so much.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both PayPal and Stripe are easy to sign up for and easy to use. Processing fees are very reasonable. You will find few buyers want to be bothered with waiting for the mail, checks to clear, etc when buying on line.
SilverScott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've know paypal, but never used and never heard of stripe... which would you recommend?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both! I use both and some don't. I want to give every possible easy way to pay that we can.

Sheila answered what I was trying to say in my other post about needed e/postage. She is one extremely helpful woman!
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Paypal and Stripe are "professional" money transmitters and can be trusted (verses Etsy's and Ebay's managed payment)

Some buyers don't like to use Paypal and having Stripe is nice to have as another payment option.

When I started with Stripe, it took 5 days for the first transfer and then no problems after that. I think it's "getting to know you".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me most of the time my Stripe payment can be on its way to the bank already by the time I get to send the order such as on the weekend. With PP you always have to ask for the payout. On Stripe you never do.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SilverScott

Looking at your store, all 3 of your items are 'Oh Hold'. Did you do that intentionally, or has your store been suspended ?
SilverScott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks so much for the info. I've signed up with paypal and will look into stripe further at a later date... so much to do so little time. I can now see my store in the marketplace so it's a start.

I changed my store name to silver bandrui so yes the holds are on purpose. Thanks for the alert. Surprised lol this is the third incarnation of my studio name, I just can't seem to settle on one.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: