eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Hits Reply with quote

Hello, can someone explain to me how I am getting hits when I can't find my store in the ecrater marketplace?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are a very new store, I would say it's safe to assume the hits you are seeing are sellers who've seen your questions and took a look at your store. I've been to your store twice and looked at your items and I'm sure other sellers have also.

You may have hits from search engine bots that are scanning your site for indexing in the major search engines, but I doubt they've found you this soon. It normally takes weeks for a new site to be scanned, especially if they are not linked into a marketplace. Also, the hits also count your own visits to your store when you come in as a buyer would or preview your store. I'll go ahead and let you know that the hits you are seeing reset to zero at the first of the month.
SilverScott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know, thanks so much.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as an FYI, the hits always reset to zero on the first of each month so no need to panic if you see them gone. Laughing
SilverScott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile This is actually my first time participating in a forum... I just have to say that it has been a great experience so far... everyone here is super helpful.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We try! I think most of us that have been selling online for a while now, like up to 20 years, have had the very unjoyous experience of going to forums and be treated like idiots because we were new. For years I wouldn't go tot he Amazon forum because it was so horrible. While much better these days, there are still folks that are creeps and nasty. One seller told me that since I was a small seller and wasn't striving for a $$$$million$$$$/year, that every time I posted I needed to remind everyone that might read my post that I was just a small seller, etc. and in other words I was to tell people I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about! Of course, I don't do that and I have been pleased to see that those guys that are usually agreeing with me are some of the most knowledgeable and followed folks on the forum. One guy/gal? even PM me to tell me I needed an avatar so he could find my posts easier! I do what I can to help there.

Here is such a different story. I try to help as my giving back for the knowledge my friends have given me. Some don't like what we have to say and get mad and some with the world's worst listing get snarky if we suggest changes because "They have been selling for a long time and know what they are doing". I make mental notes of them and don't give any further help unless asked for it. For many of us, I think of this as a family at times. Something I never feel about the Amazon forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: