eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

There are hits on each items, but no orders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeyee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: There are hits on each items, but no orders. Reply with quote

It is about more than one month to runing on ecrater, there are at least several hits on each item,but no one sales. As a new store without sales and feedback, it is difficult to starting sales.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will always get hits that show up from the bots/Spyders that are collecting information for the search engines. Also as a new store and you have been posting here, you will get hits from other sellers from here that looked at your store to help you.

Are you doing any promoting? While eCRATER does send listings to the search engines and Google Shopping, it is important to do more promoting on your own and more than from the "Promote your Store" thread. If possible get a Pinterest page as well as Facebook and other media places. It can take a while to be seen. Google and other search engines want to see more time at a site. It used to be about 6 months before they really started sending business to a store. Not that people won't find you for 6 months, but that it might be harder to get business as you are just starting up. You do have some lovely pieces. If I was someone that wore rings on all my fingers, you have a ring I would lovely but my ring fingers are already occupied with rings my husband has bought me.

One thing you need to be sure of if you get orders in the next few weeks, that you tell the buyer whether the item should get to them in time for Christmas (Dec. 25), no lies. Better that they know it will be here after Christmas than thinking it will be and then being disappointed.

Hope this helps.
leeyee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely, it is helpful. and will try to promote on other ways.
China IP is not available for Google, facebook.....firstly I need to buy IP or VPN for browsing Google、facebook.

thanks,and so appreciated. Very Happy
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting harder and harder to sell anything on eCrater unfortunately. Views are plummeting dramatically too. I find myself regretting the time spent. I'm opting for the highest level of marketing but it's still not cutting it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerioproducts wrote:
Getting harder and harder to sell anything on eCrater unfortunately. Views are plummeting dramatically too. I find myself regretting the time spent. I'm opting for the highest level of marketing but it's still not cutting it.

kerioproducts wrote:

I don't know if you sell elsewhere, but on the Amazon forums, MANY are crying poor me as sales or down or outright non-existent. A lot has changed for online selling during the last few years. One, and I think the biggest problem, is how Google shows results at this point. When I first started selling here, we got bunches of orders and many of us wondered if Google was helping subsidize eCRATER, then Google started making changes and more changes and with each major change sales dropped. They have been making some major changes again that I haven't had time to even check-up on.

I did just pop into your store to see what you sell. Rather some totally different item categories. I see that you mention that a person has to write before checking out to get the proper amount for shipping to foreign countries. If they do check out without having done that and they are given a postage price, even if not enough, you are not allowed to charge them more by eCRATER rules. As a buyer, I would also be leery of buying something that might not actually be in stock. As a long-time eCRATER seller, you should know that you are not allowed to list items that are not in stock no matter what the listing says. Your last three feedbacks AND your response to them may be causing you more problems than anything else no matter how much you are marketing items.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding my two cents to what Moon said about shipping...it's best that your shipping is setup in a manner that customers do not need to contact you. I understand you're in a different country and don't have access to calculated shipping, but you can setup flat rates within each listing for up to, what is it, 7 fields? The Lower 48 States, Alaska and Hawaii take up three fields, but I can't remember if it's 4 additional countries or 7 that we're given additional fields for.
Americasprice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building a customer base sure does take a lot of hard work and time. No such thing as just listing it and it sells (not saying that you are doing that) It took me a while before getting my first order here on eCrater. Even after my first order it still took time and hard work. Don't get discourage and don't give up. If this is what you want to do then push harder, work longer and build a customer base. You will get there. It's not easy but hey, if it was easy then everyone would be doing this, right?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: There are hits on each items, but no orders. Reply with quote

leeyee wrote:
It is about more than one month to runing on ecrater, there are at least several hits on each item,but no one sales. As a new store without sales and feedback, it is difficult to starting sales.

When you go shopping do you buy everything you look at?

Re shipping: I find the weight matrix works best. I don't live in the US either. The problem with fixed rate shipping for each item is that when postage rates go up you have to edit each item individually. If you use the matrix you only have to edit the matrix. Takes research to set it up but saves time in the long run. You can make the various weight categories stand for anything that fits your inventory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: