eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Five Sales And Three Return Requests?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at one of your electronics listings (earbuds) and found the description to be seriously lacking in information. How long are the wires? How big are the buds? What electronics are they compatible with? Are there any other accessories included? If they're new, is there some sort of manufacturer's warranty?

While there isn't much to provide about earbuds, I can only imagine how lacking your descriptions are for other items. If you want to reduce the number of returns, you need to make sure you're providing every single detail you can about an item. Don't rely solely on pictures to provide that info because viewers can't measure things, touch them, try them on or anything. If they want to return it after receiving all the necessary information, they can't claim "not as described" as a reason to PayPal/Stripe.

Also, you need a better set of terms. "Refunds will not be granted for buyer's remorse" is not an acceptable manner for expressing that term. If you want to build buyer trust, they need to be stated in a manner that does not put the customer in a bad light. The way you have yours written, I would say that you've been selling on eBay too long. LOL Not every marketplace encourages fraud like eBay does, so you don't need to treat your customers here like the fraudsters you find on eBay.

Last edited by pickychicky on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have their store on vacation.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you tell? I didn't think you could view a shop if it were on vacay.

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw that the listing I was looking at is on hold. It does show that they last updated their shop this afternoon, though.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I saw was on hold.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that one of the main reasons I quit shopping on eBay is the way sellers write their policies. So many of them write their policies in a seemingly hostile and customer unfriendly manner (extremely unprofessional, no matter whose at fault for the problems sellers face on eBay). Whenever I did shop there, if I saw such policies on a seller's listing, I would move on. If a seller can't write a more professional set of policies for the type of customers they actually want, and despite all the problems eBay and fraudsters are causing for them, then I can't trust them to handle my transaction and packaging in a professional manner.

P.S. -- When I say "more professional," I don't mean you have to be a corporate executive when writing them. Just put yourself in the shoes of the customers you want. It doesn't mean you have to back down on your policies. Just relay your terms in a more customer-friendly manner, encouraging those customers you want to buy from you.

In all the years I've been selling online, I have NEVER had a return -- other than a couple of dropshipped items that weren't being accurately described by the manufacturer who was shipping them direct. Had I been accurately informed as a long-authorized seller, my description would have been accurate and I doubt the returns would have occurred. Needless to say, I no longer sell their items, which is a shame because they were my most popular. It's also a shame that the economy was forcing the company to cut back on quality (plastic is not stained glass).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my return requests are because somehow they missed the fact that they were buying a sewing pattern even though in at least two places on my listings, and they are in a category of sewing patterns and in the description, they have too many options for it to be 'A garment".

But then I have had rare return requests. Maybe a couple a year and some of them get returned and some don't.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items are still show "on hold".
secretarybird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
One rule I have had in my TOS that others might not agree with is this:

Quote:
Items returned to us without contacting us first will not be acknowledged or refunded.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. And if push came to shove, you could probably invoke the unsolicited gift claim.

You receive something in the mail you did not ask for (as long as it was addressed to you and not an obvious misdelivery), then you have no obligation to pay for it.
Weirdest return I ever had was on Amazon several years ago. Sold a fingerprint reader from APC, then about a month later had a return request on it; don't even remember the reason, other than it was BS. Still, I accepted the return, then heard nothing else from the buyer.

Fast forward about 6 months, I get a package in the mail that has postage due. Turned out to be not only the fingerprint reader I sold him, but like an additional 3 or 4 he must have bought from other sellers. Guess he assumed that he was buying directly from just Amazon, and it did not occur to his tiny brain that he bought from at least 2 individual sellers instead.

Anyway, at that point, I couldn't even find the transaction in my selling history, and could not even remember his user name so I could at least refund him for the one he bought from me. Oops.

I think I still have all those fingerprint readers sitting in my inventory still not relisted anywhere, except for the couple I currently have here on eCrater.

Really is about time to do a thorough inventory of everything that has been processed and listed here or elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: