eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

YAHOO GROUP CONVERSION??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rstuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: YAHOO GROUP CONVERSION?? Reply with quote

OK, I'M LATE GETTING AROUND TO CONVERTING TO THE NEW SYSTEM. I USED PREVIOUS LINKS FROM MR. MERYL'S EMAILS, HOWEVER THEY DON'T SEEM TO WORK. PLEASE HELP, I'M AN IDIOT! DM
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this related to selling on eCRATER?
rstuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Store related Reply with quote

eCRATER YAHOO GROUPS IS BEING SHUT DOWN 12-14-2019 & CONERTING TO THE NEW SYSTEM IS SUPPOSED TO ALLOW ONE TO KEEP SELLING, AS LISTINGS WILL DISAPPEAR UNLESS ONE COMPLIES.
rstuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Links for conversion? Reply with quote

I JUST NEED THE LINKS FOR THE UPDATE TO MOVE MY STORE & LISTINGS. THANK YOU. SINCERELY, DM
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of us can help you. If it relates to eCrater, contact them here, https://www.ecrater.com/contact.php If has something to do with Yahoo, there is nothing we or eCrater can do.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of this so I went to do a search for Yahoo Groups.

I see this up in the head for an eCrater group
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Ecrater_sellers_Group/info

"Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members"

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true
Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups
Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020.

What features will go away?
•Files
•Polls
•Links
•Photos
•Folders
•Calendar
•Database
•Attachments
•Conversations
•Email Updates
•Message Digest
•Message History

What will happen to the site?
The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

What will happen on October 28?
On October 28, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.

How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
Photos and files can be saved right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy Dashboard.

Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?
You'll still be able to create new groups, communicate with your groups via email, and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sewing machine digest folded, but I also don't see how this ha anything to do with eCRATER either.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Store related Reply with quote

rstuff wrote:
eCRATER YAHOO GROUPS IS BEING SHUT DOWN 12-14-2019 & CONERTING TO THE NEW SYSTEM IS SUPPOSED TO ALLOW ONE TO KEEP SELLING, AS LISTINGS WILL DISAPPEAR UNLESS ONE COMPLIES.

eCRATER is not a part of Yahoo. You don't need to do a thing and you can stop panicking.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rstuff wrote:
I JUST NEED THE LINKS FOR THE UPDATE TO MOVE MY STORE & LISTINGS. THANK YOU. SINCERELY, DM
Your eCrater store and your listings in your eCrater store are fine. You just need to log into your eCrater admin to see all your items, click on the preview button to see your ecrater store, or go to https://rstuff.ecrater.com/ to view your eCRATER store as a customer.

Now, if you have links and/or content in a Yahoo Group and have been using that source as a way to direct customers to your eCrater store, that may be a problem for you. However, it doesn't not have any affect on your eCRATER store other than a loss of traffic from one source. Since you don't accept any electronic payments in your eCRATER store, I can see where losing that source of referrals would hurt.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must have Stripe as I see the credit card icons along with COD & MO.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rstuff - Are you aware that your HP60XL ink is the most expensive one on the internet? Some of the same cartridges, and not replacement ones, are selling for 1/4 of your price.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very vague recollection (possibly wrong) was that at once time, Yahoo was one of the advertising channels that eCRATER used to pick up traffic. What appears to be happening here, is that Yahoo wants people to pay for exposure, and (by making everything private) prevents people from using their group membership to do free promotion.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an order on the 6th by way of Yahoo. I don't get them often but occasionally. I also had one from Bing this month as well. I don't know much about Yahoo as every time I had a group that I wanted to be a part of on Yahoo, they gave me fits trying to sign up.

I would assume that Yahoo and Bing as well as other search engines will still display our items in their organic search. If Yahoo wants to be paid, then it sounds like they are going the way of Google - silly people.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: