eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

promoting my store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GemCutter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: promoting my store Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to this online selling business. This is my second store here (silverscott being the first), (both not even a month old) thought I'd narrow my field a bit so to speak. And I am in the process of trying to figure out how to promote by store.... people keeping saying the key is facebook and I have noticed a huge following especially in my area so I tried to open an account. I somehow completely botched it up and now am banned. Is facebook necessary? I am loath to put my personal government id on the internet anyways and am kinda glad I failed to get an account but will it hurt me in the long run? Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get along without Facebook. Many won't use it as they don't like social media. Since to sell your things well, you do need to have them seen, you should focus on Pinterest. Not only a board with a picture of the gems for sale but also boards (as in a bulletin board) of perhaps gems being used. As you seem to go backpacking to find them, you might want to take pictures of them in their natural state, pictures of you processing them, a board of photos of the great outdoors, pictures of sunsets/sun rises.tips on camping out, etc. Since I don't have a cellphone, I can't use it but instagram is a place to post photos with links back to your store. That sort of thing. I'm going on no sleep for about 48 hours so I had probably better quit with those ideas.
GemCutter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great advise. Pinterest and Instagram are actually next on my to do list. Glad to hear that FaceBook isn't really necessary... heard too many bad reviews and them getting caught multiple times selling off personal info. with that company so I am weary about using them anyways.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: