eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

google feed status not updating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: google feed status not updating Reply with quote

I'm starting a store here on ecrater. I added a few items and am waiting for them to show in google before going any further.

The google feed does not show an update. How long should I wait before seeing an update?

Message in my admin

Feed's last updated: November 30, 1999 00:00:00
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am not sure but I believe it is every couple of weeks that they are updating it.. I would not wait on that. You can start promoting your items on Pinterest, Facebook and other sites.

Be sure to fill out the rest of your storeĀ“s terms, faqs, about and contact information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ten ways to get orders from here and Google Shopping is just one of them. The main organic Google search will seek out your stuff in its own way. The upload is for Google Shopping and I think it is supposed to update 3 times a week once you are established.

I did look at you store and have a couple of questions if you don't mind. What are hexbugs? Why do some colors have a higher price than the others? Hexbugs as a store category assumes that the person looking for them knows what they are. Do these things require batteries. Are they toys or something else? I'm asking those questions here, but if I was a buyer that stumbled on to this listing, I would want to know the answers to these questions but you don't mention them. You have pretty much unlimited space to write a description, you might want to use a little so that your listings have more of a chance to sell.
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google shopping came through and processed my initial listings today.

Not sure how to sell Hexbugs to people who haven't heard of them, but I'll give it some thought. The pricing is based on the published rarity, but might not be worth the effort since the V2 model (can climb up tunnels) has replaced the Nano's and the only difference in the rare models is the color and pattern on the back.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elevenboxes wrote:
Google shopping came through and processed my initial listings today.

Not sure how to sell Hexbugs to people who haven't heard of them, but I'll give it some thought. The pricing is based on the published rarity, but might not be worth the effort since the V2 model (can climb up tunnels) has replaced the Nano's and the only difference in the rare models is the color and pattern on the back.

Using all the available 100 spaces in the title of each advertisement will get that many more keyword searches pointed at your product.
The description field does not get the same search privileges as your title will.

Words like: robot, robotic, micro insect, toy, automaton, innovation first, remote control, rc, science kits, BEAM robotics...etc.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun idea! With no younger folks in the family, I had missed this whole toy line. After an internet search, I wish I did have younger folks so I could play with theirs. Laughing
elevenboxes wrote:
This would make a great FAQ, What is a Hexbug? Then you could give a simple explanination. Hexbug.com has a good description you could use as an example, putting it in your own words of course or linking back to their page as a referance.

Since you seemed to imply that some of your items are older versions, be sure to list them and explain why they are different. There can be money to be made by having the earlier versions of a collectible toy that's still in the original package. Collectors usually want one of every color and design in every series. Since there is no listing fee on eCRATER, list away. You might want to consider a facebook, instagram, pinterest and/or any other site where your potential buyers might go to talk about the earlier versions you have in stock.

I noticed you have ads on your item pages in your store and I tried to determine the reason. You listed your items in the Global category of Toys, Games, & Hobbies but you didn't select a Global Sub-category. If you only list in a top level category, you get ads on your item pages in your store. Go back to each item and make sure you've added a Global Sub-Cat. It would seem they should fit well in the Robots, Monsters & Space Toys Sub-category. Also, there are already Hexbugs crawling there.

Good luck with your new store. Just remember, it takes time to get your pages indexed by all the search engines.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure how to sell Hexbugs to people who haven't heard of them, but I'll give it some thought.

Well, Sheila gave you some ideas. She also thinks that they are kids' toys. My husband thought that they might be cat toys although he does think the cat would destroy it pretty quick. For all, I know they are something that Nobel Prize winner scientists play with. Is there an age range of any kind on the packaging? If so you need it in your description.

One of the things that you have to understand about selling online is that you have to SELL your products via photos, titles and descriptions. If you don't know how to sell Hexbugs to people that don't know about them already, then you need to do some work. Can you imagine Thomas Edison once he had invented a lightbulb saying he didn't know how to explain what they did for people and so gave up? We might still be living with candles. Laughing
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

I noticed you have ads on your item pages in your store and I tried to determine the reason. You listed your items in the Global category of Toys, Games, & Hobbies but you didn't select a Global Sub-category. If you only list in a top level category, you get ads on your item pages in your store. Go back to each item and make sure you've added a Global Sub-Cat. It would seem they should fit well in the Robots, Monsters & Space Toys Sub-category. Also, there are already Hexbugs crawling there.

Good luck with your new store. Just remember, it takes time to get your pages indexed by all the search engines.

Thanks for the heads up on adding a sub-category to remove the ads. That was going to be my next question.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: