eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Marketplace invoice question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nothingnew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Marketplace invoice question Reply with quote

What is the marketplace fee based on? Is a % charged to sell items? Is there a scale somewhere I can see or copy?
TIA
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 levels of commission you can choose to pay. Supposedly the more you pay the better exposure you get in Google. Not sure of the numbers but they start at 2.5%, 5.9, 8.?, and I think the 12% is the top.

It is only charged on the item cost so not on shipping and if like me you add packaging costs, insurance and tracking into your shipping costs, you pay no commission on those costs either. Somewhere there is a published list of the exact percentages but I don't know where it is exactly.

Also depending on where your sale originates you may or may not be charged commission. For example if you do your own promotion and someone reaches your store via your advertising, the sale will show as store direct and you will not be charged anything. If your sale shows as Market place, you are charged commission.

I have so few sales here now that I don't pay much attention. When I get the bill I pay it. I'm sure more active sellers can give you more accurate information.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The marketplace fees are: 2.9%, 5.9%, 8.9% or 12.9%. Those reflect the advertising level you have selected. Orders which arrive via the marketplace, but not via advertising may only cost 2.9%. Orders which arrive directly to your store, and not via the marketplace, are charged 0%.

Hopefully I remembered that all correctly.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orders that come through Google Organic, bing, yahoo, Pinterest, Facebook, direct, other, twitter, Marketplace 2.9%, and if you have been here I think it is six months you can chose to pay a higher amount: 5.9%, 8.9%, 12.9% for Marketplace sales driven by paid for ads.

When you sell something, on your orders page there is a column called "Came From" that will show something like Store Google - that is a Free, NO FEE order. If you see Marketplace that is a 2.9% fee on the sales price only, and if you see Marketplace 5.9%, 8.9%, and 12.9% then those came by way of ads and you will be charged whatever the %% is on the item's cost only as Cosmic said. Any of the came from that have Store in front of the way such as Other, will not have fees. I think there are ten total ways for sales to come in. So far this month, I have sold 7 eCRATER order. 4 don't have a fee and three do, one is a 2.9% sales and the other two are MP 5.9%. So not bad. I get more orders via Pinterest than other places and things like other and direct are based upon someone finding one of your links, say in a forum,. So it always pays to advertise.

Some joker on the Amazon forum was trying to ridicule me for using Pinterest and the Facebook and other social media. Trying to tell me that they were worthless and I was being cheap and eCRATER was in his opinion a lousy place to sell. Well he is entitled to his opinion and I mine. He kept referring back to a friend who did better than using Amazon sales PPC or using free sites like I do. I have never paid for advertising on Amazon and since he couldn't tell me coherently just how he or was it his friend were advertising, I'm not sure why he thought his way is better. Too many newbies coming to Amazon and with their one product that they researched but never did a test sale, they immediately pay for PPC and then when nothing sales they wonder what is going on and of course want to blame Amazon.

Anyhow the nice thing about our fees is it gives us some research that we don't have to do as we are told the ten biggest ways that we get sales.

Basically what Cosmic was saying only fleshed out some more and hoping they don't mind Very Happy
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, none of my items are showing up in Google UK , latest google feed from Ecrater says items all processed successfully.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

express-dealsbay wrote:
Hi, none of my items are showing up in Google UK , latest google feed from Ecrater says items all processed successfully.

It would be better to start your own new thread than to jump into an old one that doesn't have anything to do with the question you are asking. In most forums on many venues, this is called hijacking a thread. It will be easier to get answers on your own thread.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my bad will do this next time.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Marketplace fees Reply with quote

Where are you able to choose your fees for marketplace?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JBCcollectibles -- Go to your administration page. On the left side of the page under the last subtitle is Account, directly below that is a link to options. The rates are about mid-way down the page.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..not seeing them. The only thing I have related to Marketplace is the option send minimum buyers from Marketplace
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you been selling here? I think there is a 6-month wait before you can access those options. In the meantime, I would be promoting your store as much as possible in ways such as using social media, etc.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, just transferred a lot of items over from eBay for 2 accounts here, it has only been about 1 1/2 weeks so that must be the issue. Thanks for your help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is a time frame that is the criteria for being able to access the advertising levels, I believe it is "X" number of sales...I didn't get my first sale for many months = well over the the 6 months and still couldn't increase the level, and it wasn't until I had a few sales that I was able to increase the advertising level..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: