eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I'm Ready To Close My eCrater Store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capecodestatetreasures

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: I'm Ready To Close My eCrater Store Reply with quote

I started my store on eCrater in August 2019. I've only had one
small sale and two scammers. Am I doing something wrong or
are things just slow? I still sell well on Etsy, Facebook Marketplace & Chairish.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to do your own promotion here. As far as I could tell unless you were paying Etsy for special consideration you had to do your own promos there also. Bad as it is here for sales, because I do no promo, it is still better for me here than there. My Etsy store is inactive for the past 6 months because I had had no sales there during the first half of 2019. I have 3 or 4 small sales a month here. One large sale here this month.

I have everything marked down half price because I'm way past retiring but it still doesn't move. The positive is that it is free here until I sell something. On Etsy all I did was rack up listing fees.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In excellent, pre-owned condition. Has minor wear but no serious damage or repairs.

May I make a suggestion or two? The above quote is the actual title for one of your items. It would be fun to do a poll to see if anyone has a clue what it is or that people would look for it with this title. Titles are valuable 'real estate' and this one is completely missing the boat. I asked my husband what he thought it was and had no clue.

Quote:
Payment
is due within 3 days of purchase, in order for us to hold the item for you.
I think this is a rather awkward sentence. I think you really mean that you will hold the item for three days to receive a check or money order. Three days is really pushing it for a person to round up a Money Order or a cashiers check, get it in the mail and hope it arrives in that amount of time. Once you get the payment, I doubt that you will continue to hold the item but will ship it instead.

You have nothing on your About page. Your Terms of Service only hits upon simple payment terms. You should also mention if you take returns and under what conditions and who pays for shipping either direction. The only FAQ you have is basically the same as your terms. I think customers feel more comfortable knowing a bit about the seller and especially with your store name. Cape Cod Estate Treasures, I had to keep reminding myself that some of these items may have been found at an estate sale but they don't necessarily have anything to do with Cape Cod. I was surprised to see the price on your conch shell, thought I could sell mine if desperate and then looked it up and saw that the prices are all over the place for them.

Anyhow, I see some listing problems and perhaps some price problems. You very much have to promote your goods. Your types of items would look great on Pinterest and Facebook. As a matter of fact, I pinned three of your rugs to my Pinterest board so as to remember the designs as someday I hope to not have to work so hard selling craft items to others, and have a chance to get back to crafting myself!

No reason to close your store. With no listing fees, they are already up for sale and even if you don't want to promote them, they can still sell by other means. You are only now hitting the 6-month mark of having your store. Search Engines don't give much attention to 'venue hoppers' where you try to sell in one place for a month or two, pick up and move elsewhere, etc. From the 6 month point on they may be more liable to show your products quicker as you have been around for a while.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: