eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Categories Reply with quote

if we do something in categories, can we undo it?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Categories Reply with quote

2tip3py1 wrote:
It depends on what you did. If you deleted something, it's gone. If you've moved, added, or renamed something, you can make changes. For more information, see my answers to your questions from a couple of days ago in the thread here: How to delete the root category and some sub-categories https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=32127.

If you have additional questions, it would be helpful if you give an example of what you would like to do with your categories.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Categories Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
2tip3py1 wrote:
It depends on what you did. If you deleted something, it's gone. If you've moved, added, or renamed something, you can make changes. For more information, see my answers to your questions from a couple of days ago in the thread here: How to delete the root category and some sub-categories https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=32127.

If you have additional questions, it would be helpful if you give an example of what you would like to do with your categories.

Ok, I did delete couple roots but good with that. However, somehow moved my root (CD Music)... It is now a sub sub category under DVD movies->documentary/education->CD Music. Can I move it back to a totally separate list of items?
I can’t make heads or tails of the link to categories.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't read the post I did yesterday on the other thread, please read it. I took a good bit of time writing all of that info for your help.

Yes you can move your CD Music category. Currently you have 2 "CD Music" categories and you can't have two Primary or Level One categories with the same name. I would suggest you delete the one that is currently a Level One with zero inventory. Next, in your admin, keep dropping down a level until DVD movies->documentary/education is shown as the current category with CD Music listed as a sub-category. Click on the file folder icon with the plus mark to the right of the CD Music which will allow you to move that category. The next screen will say "Change Parent Category" and you can use the drop down arrow to see all your categories. If you want "CD Music" to be a Level One category, select "root" as the parent category, then click Update. The CD Music category with all it's items and any sub-categories it may have will now appear as a Level One category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: