eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why are buyers allowed to choose Media Mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarginBin71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Why are buyers allowed to choose Media Mail Reply with quote

I'm new to this site I don't understand why buyers are allowed to choose Media Mail when the item is obviously not Media Mail. This site seems very difficult to set up for putting what you want to charge for shipping
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I only use the matrix for my shipping, so don't want to guide you wrong, so some other sellers should pop in and help you with that.

As a nurse, I did want to make a comment on this item:
Quote:
SALTER LABS TUBE LOT 5X 1600-7 3X 2050G-50 NASAL OXYGEN NEW SEALED

For one thing, get rid of all capital letters as it makes it hard to read. You put the most important information on these at the back of the listing title. If I am reading your title and description correctly, these are what is called Nasal Cannula tubing. The brand and all those numbers are not how most people would look for these items. They would do a search for nasal cannulas. They would also want to know how long they are as well, which might be incode in the numbers but I wouldn't know. People at home on O2 generally want the tube long enough to be able to move around a room and perhaps be able to get to the bathroom, etc. with the tubing letting them have that freedom, depending on one where their O2 machine/tank is located. Of course, if these are just tubing as additional lengths with no nasal component you would want to list them as Oxygen O2 Tubing.

I hope I helped there and didn't confuse you.
BarginBin71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for that that's all that's listed on the packages without opening them up and I really can't open them up. There new. I appreciate your help on that, but I was just asking cuz I used shipping matrix to and I can tell you that I'm getting people that choose Media Mail a lot. What actual buyers we have which is little to none

quote="MoonwishesStore"]Welcome to eCRATER. I only use the matrix for my shipping, so don't want to guide you wrong, so some other sellers should pop in and help you with that.

As a nurse, I did want to make a comment on this item:
Quote:
SALTER LABS TUBE LOT 5X 1600-7 3X 2050G-50 NASAL OXYGEN NEW SEALED

For one thing, get rid of all capital letters as it makes it hard to read. You put the most important information on these at the back of the listing title. If I am reading your title and description correctly, these are what is called Nasal Cannula tubing. The brand and all those numbers are not how most people would look for these items. They would do a search for nasal cannulas. They would also want to know how long they are as well, which might be incode in the numbers but I wouldn't know. People at home on O2 generally want the tube long enough to be able to move around a room and perhaps be able to get to the bathroom, etc. with the tubing letting them have that freedom, depending on one where their O2 machine/tank is located. Of course, if these are just tubing as additional lengths with no nasal component you would want to list them as Oxygen O2 Tubing.

I hope I helped there and didn't confuse you.[/quote]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the matrix, nothing should be coming up as Media Mail. With the matrix, the only thing showing should be the amount that you are collecting.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have USPS calculated shipping selected in your store and you've selected a list of shipping options. When you use USPS Calculated Shipping, every option you've selected will be offered for every item so you should never select options that can not be used for every item in your store. In your admin, you have to go to ACCOUNT: > Options and scroll down until you see "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". When this option is selected, USPS Calculated shipping will be offered for every item in your store AND every item selected will be offered except First Class which is only offered when the weight is below 13 ozs.

PLEASE, before you make any changes to your store, take a few minutes to check out the link I've posted below. It will help explain the eCrater shipping system and help you make the best choice for your store.

eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com -> SETTING UP SHIPPING FOR NEW SELLER
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38420
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: