eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I WISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: I WISH Reply with quote

I wish, I could look see all 118 items which come up, Invalid attribute: gtin. I would like to study them and work with them, see what, or if, they have common errors. Maybe get some to list with google. I can see five (5) of them.

examples:
Jewelry, fashion necklaces, rings, bracelets, retro, vintage Lot 1465
Jewelry, fashion necklaces, rings, bracelets, retro, vintage lot 444
Jewelry, fashion necklaces, rings, bracelets, retro, vintage lot 211
get 10 2" x 2" x 5" white cardboard box
Protect Childsafe gun lock

Does anyone know how to find all of the invalid items?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that the envelopes you are selling are regular manila envelopes or are they bubble envelopes? The picture makes them look like a bubble envelope.

Sorry, I can't help you with the GTIN thing. All your inventory that has a problem with the attributes will have a red exclamation mark by it that you can easily find while going through your list of inventory. Without seeing all your attributes for something, no one can help you figure out what can be wrong.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:56 am    Post subject: envelopes Reply with quote

Yes they are bubble envelopes.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
...All your inventory that has a problem with the attributes will have a red exclamation mark by it that you can easily find while going through your list of inventory. Without seeing all your attributes for something, no one can help you figure out what can be wrong.
I believe the red exclamiation mark only appears when an item has a problem that would prevent it from listing on eCrater, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that if you try to list something without a photo you get the red mark even if the item is hidden.

There is a way to see the items with "Invalid attribute: gtin". In your admin click on Products. In the top area, click on "Missing unique identifiers", then OK. This should show all items that Google Shopping had flagged. A gtin is one of the GS unique identifiers. The 4 possible unique identifiers are gtin (upc), brand, mpn, or identifier_exists.

Once you make the correction, it can take a while (a couple or so feeds) before GS processes the changes you make and no longer returns the error. I would recommend sort for all products with "Missing unique identifiers" AND THEN PRINT A COPY OF EACH PAGE. I usually highlight the list and select print selection from the print window. Once you have a print out of each page, you can go through the items, make the changes, and check off the list.

Be aware, unless the items is Disapproved from Google (meaning Google Shopping), it will show in Google Shopping. However, unless your item is very unique to the internet, it may be so far back in the search that a customer will never page that far to see your listing.

On a different subject, you have ads showing on your item pages in your store. The primary cause for this is having photos being too small. You photos should be at least 800 x 800 for eCrater and GS like them to be greater than 1000 on at least one side. Small photos still show on both eCrater & GS, but your results will be lower than the results from another seller with the same product.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Great, it showed me 5 different items, I worked on them, now waiting for google to crawl, let's see if the 118 number goes down. Thank you very much.
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I've been struggling with attributes. I'd like to do this

There is a way to see the items with "Invalid attribute: gtin". In your admin click on Products. In the top area, click on "Missing unique identifiers", then OK. This should show all items that Google Shopping had flagged. A gtin is one of the GS unique identifiers. The 4 possible unique identifiers are gtin (upc), brand, mpn, or identifier_exists.

But do not get any response when I inquire.

I sell jewelry and do not have upc, or brand.

Suggestions?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[!identifier_exists:false!]

This is what you put in to show that the item doesn't have those things, but please note, those items may continue to show the red !!! anyhow, but as long as you have the identifier attribute the listing would be okay. You would still want to fill in any other possible attribute.

While the eCRATER Marketplace only searches by title, the other search engines exploring your store and pages are looking for details for when someone is looking for a silver elephant bracelet! One of the mistakes that I see many making here is short titles and then using those exact titles as the only description, so the search engines may be trying to work with only 3-5 words total as search material compared to a seller using up to the 100 allowed title characters and then a description rich in information and keywords along with the attributes as well. That, of course, makes for more information for a buyer to judge a product on and helps to make a buying decision.

Know your product and what people always want to know about the product. For instance, on Amazon, if you are selling a woman's watch, most sellers are LAZY and just tick - woman's standard for the band length! Let me tell you that with over 50% of the USA woman size 14 and over a 'woman's standard' watchband is either going to be too tight if you can get it on at all. So much better to give an actual measurement! Same with making necklaces that always stop at 18". Those kinds of necklaces end up looking like a choker on me. I just got a beautiful necklace to try and review. To even wear it, I need to buy a new chain that is long enough for the necklace to look right. Those are just two examples from my own life, so to see a listing that says 'Womans Watch Michael Kors' With the same statement as the description tells me that the seller is lazy and doesn't really want to sell whatever they are listing. Selling online is not quick and easy like many seem to think. Like any job it takes dedication and work, but the harder you work the more you can make, unlike a regular job where the boss gets richer and you get a nickel/hour raise for doing a tremendous job.

I will get off my soapbox now. Other than answering your actual question, this was just some advice on unasked questions for problems I have been seeing a lot of lately. The worst of it being, when nothing sells, no one says I am a lousy seller, they blame eCRATER for whatever they perceive is a lack of things. Like in the latest ecommercebytes poll, people complained about the 'outdated' templates. I have been using the same 'outdated' template since 2008 and have 5400+ sales to my name here. It isn't the template, it is what you put into it!
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Not Sure Reply with quote

With items, which have no UPC or Brand, I am trying the word generic, for brand, and with UPC I'm gonna try the word false, all in lower case.

But, I will have to wait for google to crawl a time or two. We'll see, and I'll be glad to get back to you.

Good Luck
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2tip3py1 Perhaps you were posting as I was and missed seeing my post. You may want to read it. Generic is NOT the attribute for brand.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

Oh I see your post, I'll try that. Do we need to use the exclamation marks and brackets?
secretarybird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
@2tip3py1 Perhaps you were posting as I was and missed seeing my post. You may want to read it. Generic is NOT the attribute for brand.

I've been using Unbranded for items with no obvious attached brand, and Does Not Apply if there is no UPC to be found for it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does Not Apply if there is no UPC to be found for it.

Not correct. There is an actual way to do it and I typed it out exactly how it should be if you do your attributes at the end of your listing on my post up above - exactly. If you don't, then on the Google page on the left column write identifier_exists and in the right false. NO capital letters for anything on the left column. Capital letters can be used in the right.

Quote:
Do we need to use the exclamation marks and brackets?

Sorry, never saw this till now. Yes if you do your attributes at the bottom of your actual listing. I do as I find it is easier to change what little bits I have to. One easy way to see if you did thinks right is to go to your preview and into your actual store. Open the listing for the item. If anything is showing at the bottom of the listing in brackets, etc. you got it wrong as once set up when making up your listing, you will not see them, nor will customers see them when browsing your store. Anything at the bottom that looks weird needs fixed.

There have been, I would guess, hundreds of posts on what to do when something is missing one of the three required attributes. So lots of places to look. Attributes are not something to guess about or make up your own version of what you think you can do.

Hopefully I made sense here. I should have been in bed hours ago.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: I Wish Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I too, found by simply checking ((Disapproved from Google or Google quality) I discovered some information.

They are different and give different information, but are very helpful. There is a Google crawl lag time.

If you are patient and go into them and read the information very carefully, make some attribute changes ((then wait)).

It says 3 days for Google to crawl, but it feels like a week to me.

I have seen some improvements.

Again thank you for writing.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify for those who enter their attributes on the edit listing page, you only need to enter identifier_exists for the attribute and false for the entry. I do it on the edit listing page when adding new items and often within the product description on existing items.

Also, I believe those red exclamation marks we see next to listings are Google-related only.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red exclamation marks is something I believe eCRATER has said they do to let you know if something isn't correct. However on some listings, with the identifier-false thing mine have never gone away. Sometimes to correct problems it can take up to a month or more, not necessarily will it be fixed with the next Google crawl.

As long as everything else is correct and I have the identifier_exists:false correct, then I ignore the red marks. One good way to see what, if any mistakes you have made is check the listing that buyers see. If you have 'stuff' at the bottom of your listing that shouldn't be there, especially if it is attribute stuff, then it needs fixed. Anything to do with attributes should NOT show on the listing page that a buyer sees.

Quote:
Just to clarify for those who enter their attributes on the edit listing page, you only need to enter identifier_exists for the attribute and false for the entry.

@pickyChicky - I think you mean on the Google Attributes page If you are adding those to the actual edit listing page then you need the brackets, etc. but on the Google Attribute page you only need the words identifier_exists on the left column and false on the right column.

I hate those attributes and trying to figure out what to do at times. It was so much nicer before we had to do them. Oh for the good old days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: