eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was on Ecrater in 2005 for a few years, now I came back and a lot has changed.

My issue is one that you all have explained over and over, but if someone could please look at some of my items and see where in the world I'm going wrong.

99 of my items were disapproved last week. I've added a lot and now todays feed dissaproved 194 of them and I haven't an idea why.

I actually thought I understood it and then, boom!

Thanks so much
Sabrina_Jewelry
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: attributes Reply with quote

Have never understood the way eCrater set up for its attributes ...like no other selling venue I have ever been on and I have been on several over the years! Finally after being totally lost why many of my listings were being disapproved, I contacted eCrater support and asked for help and they were able to show me how to get it done. It may be worth sending eCrater support an email requesting their assistance. They were very helpful for me.
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Thanks that's a really good idea. I usually shy away from contacting them directly.

Wink
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Sabrina_Jewelry! You asked, "could please look at some of my items and see where in the world I'm going wrong." We can't see your Google Shopping Attributes. In your admin you can add the attributes either in the table or at the end of the description and, once you click enter, they will appear in both places. BUT, only you can see them. They are used by eCrater when they submit the feed to Google Shopping and only the eCrater staff can see your individual attributes.

If you want to select an item that has been disapproved and copy the title and description from your admin page to this topic, we can take a look to see what might be missing. Also, keep in mind that even when you make the correction, it takes time for the corrected information to be sent on the next feed to GS, then Google has to review the items, accept the changes, and reply back to eCrater.

I wrote an answer to another seller recently that you may find helpful, especially regarding the required attributes for jewelry. It's in the Help section titled "attributes" located here: https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38567
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Thank you Sheila,

I did read all those posts and I've tried to follow all of the direction given, but. . .

So, you are saying that even though there was a feed to Google yesterday, that it will take longer for Google to read through all of the attributes and confirm or disapprove? That's what I think your saying. So, there's still some hope for my 194 items.

The problem with my items is gtin related. I don't have any numbers from the manufacturer, so I put none for brand and upc and also the identifiers_exists atribute. Do I need to include mpn, none also?

Here's my title:

Multi-color Mystic Cubic Zirconia Petite Oval Ring Size 6, 7, 8, & 9 Available

Here's my description:

Thanks for shopping Sabrina's Jewels![!brand:none!][!product_type:ring!][!upc:none!][!age_group:adult!][!color:multicolored!][!feature:oval stone!][!gender:unisex!][!identifier_exists:false!][!material:silvertone plated!][!size:0!][!style:cocktail ring!]

Here's another:
Bracelet Turquoise or Black Wrap Around with Crystals Stylish & Sturdy

Thanks for shopping Sabrina's Jewels![!brand:none!][!product_type:bracelet!][!upc:none!][!age_group:adult!][!color:black turquoise!][!gender:unisex!][!identifier_exists:false!][!material:faux leather!]

Thank you so much for your time and expertise!

Sabrina
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sabrina. You do not need brand and/or mpn as none (which isn't considered an attribute). Having the identifier exists is sufficient. I have been here a long time and I still have over 200 listings with a red exclamation mark. Yes, it does take some time after your corrections for the red marks to go away. Some never will, but that doesn't mean that you won't have them seen.

[!brand:none!][!product_type:bracelet!][!upc:none!][!age_group:adult!][!color:black turquoise!][!gender:unisex!][!identifier_exists:false!][!material:faux leather!]

When I went to your store to look at what you are selling I did notice that on some listings you have written
Quote:
Thanks for shopping Sabrina's Jewels!
twice sometimes in slightly different phrasing.
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Moonwishes,

Thank you sometimes copy/paste betrays me! Confused

Appreciate the advise. Patience is the key. Laughing

just frustrating, but hey for the cost...i guess it's okay
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabrina, you said in your first post, "99 of my items were disapproved last week. I've added a lot and now todays feed dissaproved 194 of them and I haven't an idea why." In your admin, click on Products and put a checkmark by "Disapproved from Google" to get a current listing of all items actually disapproved. If you scroll down to the bottom of the list you'll see two lines of text in red. One of those reads, "** Google disapproved items are updated once per month. So yes, I was saying that it can take time to get the problem corrected once Google Shopping actually disapproves a listing. Now, with that said, remember we are taking about the feed eCrater does to Google Shopping and any other Google advertising eCrater may do. This does NOT affect the regular Google search or any other search. Items can be disapproved from Google Shopping and still be seen and sold!

Quote:
The problem with my items is gtin related. I don't have any numbers from the manufacturer, so I put none for brand and upc and also the identifiers_exists atribute. Do I need to include mpn, none also?
If your item does not have a brand, do not use brand with a value of none (or not available, or n/a, or anything else). The same goes for mpn and upc. In the product identifiers section (brand, mpn, GTIN aka upc) IF your product does not have those attributes, simply use identifier_exists with a value of false.

Regarding the other attributes you've added, most look good with a few exceptions which I'll mention below.

The attribute of color is required for jewelry, but the value of multicolored is NOT accepted by Google Shopping. Also, if you are adding more than one color, they must have a forward slash between the colors with NO spaces. In this example [!color:black turquoise!] the value should be listed as black/turquoise with the most dominate color listed first. For your ring you might try purple/blue/green. NOTE: you are limited to 3 or less colors!

The attribute of size should have the single size of the item, not multiple sizes. To quote GS Merchant Center Help,
Quote:
If your item is one size fits all or one size fits most, you can use one size, OS, one size fits all, OSFA, one size fits most, or OSFM

You added the attribute of product_type which is not used on eCrater. That attribute is submitted by eCrater based on the eCrater Global Category>subcategory you select when you list the item. Since eCrater ignores this attribute, you are wasting your time adding it in my opinion.

One last really important point, you need a separate listing for each item. In the listing for the ring, you list 4 sizes. You need 4 listings, one for each size. When I looked at your bracelet, you show photos of 2 different colors. You need 2 separate listings, one for the black band and one for the turquoise band with a slightly different title for each. I would also suggest you mention the bracelet has a buckle and give the minimum and maximum size for the bracelet in your description.

Hope this helps. Sheila
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: attributes Reply with quote

MrsDsHandKnits wrote:
Have never understood the way eCrater set up for its attributes ...like no other selling venue I have ever been on and I have been on several over the years! Finally after being totally lost why many of my listings were being disapproved, I contacted eCrater support and asked for help and they were able to show me how to get it done. It may be worth sending eCrater support an email requesting their assistance. They were very helpful for me.
The attributes on eCrater are set up to match the requirements of Google Shopping and/or Google product advertising. We have been given the freedom (and responsibility) on eCrater to add the attributes in the way GS wants them so we have the best chance of our items being seen on GS or in the product ads. Other sites (marketplaces) I've used really aren't as concerned with helping the individual seller fine tune their store for GS.

But you are very correct that eCrater is "like no other selling venue I have ever been on". Dealing with the GS attributes is like the work I do to create a Google Shopping feed for a stand alone website, but here, eCrater does most of the work for me. Very Happy YEA! Thank you, eCrater
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One last really important point, you need a separate listing for each item. In the listing for the ring, you list 4 sizes. You need 4 listings, one for each size. When I looked at your bracelet, you show photos of 2 different colors. You need 2 separate listings, one for the black band and one for the turquoise band with a slightly different title for each. I would also suggest you mention the bracelet has a buckle and give the minimum and maximum size for the bracelet in your description.

As an addendum to what Sheila said/ You may be going oh yuck, four listings for one ring, Or any other 4-letter word you may think of such as dumb, but it is a good thing. For each listing you have, that makes for more listings for people to find you with. If someone is selling a t-shirt in 5 sizes and 10 colors, that gives them something like 50 different listings (which are easy to make as you just have to cut and paste color and size, and you can have the right quantity number so when you are out of XL that listing will (or should be on hold) be on hold until you get more of that size and color in. That means with the old listing of 5 sizes and 10 colors a person is supposed to tell the seller which size and color they want, but of course that is the size and color you are out of!

So having things separated makes listings easier, except a tad longer to do them all, more listings out there on the cyberworld for people to find. A seller with 'only' 10 different styles of a t-shirt could conceivably have 500-1000+ listings and the more you have listed the more you tend to sell. I believe that is how it works here still. I know other sites you can do the different variations on one listing, but here, I see it as just another way to promote my goods. Anyhow, I hope this made sense and if I am wrong someone will mention it. Very Happy
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Everyone,

Thank you so much. I think I'm equipped now to correct all those mistakes I made.

So much information that is in your heads and not on the FAQs.

I really appreciate your knowledge! I'll keep you posted how these corrections work out in the next weeks.

Very Happy A very happy Sabrina Jewelry
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Well, I started to take out upc and brand, since I have identifiers_exists as false in each of my listings, but it says it requires a upc and brand in red and won't let me update.

Sad

a little disappointed Sabrina
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is weird Sabrina. I just took out the brand from one of my listings and it didn't have a problem with it.

Where are you seeing it in red that you need the brand and upc. I have lots of items with no upc and even without them, I can list them and I use the identifier_exists:false for them. I sell sewing patterns and many years ago they either didn't have the upc or when they did it was only coded to show price, like the last six numbers of the upc was something like 000495 for a $4.95 pattern. They also repeated upc numbers which makes a fine mess. Needless to say, I have over 200 red exclamation marks.

I just don't understand why it is stopping you from listing. That doesn't
t make sense. Perhaps someone else, including Sheila might have some words of wisdom here. She is gifted in areas that I'm not!
Sabrina-Jewelry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, that's strange. When your putting in attributes in the cart. Then go down to press update and then on the top is says

"Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan."

I have an email to ecrater Question
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes! Reply with quote

Sabrina-Jewelry wrote:
Well, I started to take out upc and brand, since I have identifiers_exists as false in each of my listings, but it says it requires a upc and brand in red and won't let me update.
Could you explain exactly what you mean when you say, "won't let me update". Do you mean the the statement in red saying it requires a upc and brand is shown or do you mean it won't actually accept you clicking on the update button.

If you have a condition of new and you don't add a upc and brand, I think the eCrater system will always give you the red warning that you need a upc and brand. That red warning will stay for a long time until the system knows Google Shopping (GS) has accepted your new item with the identifier_exists. It's simply a notice from eCrater. Why it doesn't go away when you add the identifier_exists attribute is open for speculation, but the actual reason is unknown.

Now if you mean you removed upc, brand and the two values and the system will not let you leave the page after you click the Update and Exit button, then there is a glitch in the system. If it happens a second time, contact the eCrater staff directly because there's something wrong.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: