eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

IBSN number for a magazine for Google attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RecycableResources

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: IBSN number for a magazine for Google attributes Reply with quote

Does anyone know WHICH SET of BARCODE/ISBN numbers are used for a 2017 issue Vogue magazine? The ISBN is suppose to have 13 numbers,but the magazine don't have that many numbers.. To make things even MORE CONFUSING,The magazine has 2 sets of numbers that are printed Vertically,and Horizontally..And if that's not enough to cause a headache, I posted the magazine for sale with no NUMBERED attributes and although the Ecrater,Feed shows that the listing was added,I see that it isn't listed on Google shopping..
I had the same problem a few years ago.. Thanx for anyone,s help..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, the codes on magazines are NOT like 'normal' upc numbers and you can't use them as if they were. I think this is a case that you use the indentier_exists:false attribute instead of a upc.

Anyone feel free to correct me. I sell magazines at times, but I don't think I use that code.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe what Moonwishes meant to say was, "If I recall correctly, the codes on magazines are not like 'normal' upc numbers and you can't use them as if they were." Her information about using identifier_exists is correct.

Here's a little more information as to why she is correct regarding an individual magazine issue. Magazines are never issued ISBN (International Standard Book Number). The standard for magazines is a ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) which represents the entire magazine series, NOT the individual issues. If you were selling a subscription to Vogue Magazine, then you would use the ISSN number for Vogue Magazine. Since you are selling a specific issue, that wouldn't work. Magazines that are sold in stores usually have a bar code (upc) that reflects the magazine title and price. In other words, the upc would be the same for all Vogue Magazines that cost retail $x.xx instead of reflecting the specific month and year of that magazine title. Using this system, stores don't have to change their computer every time an issue changes which would be a programming nightmare for a chain store. They have a system from the newsstand distributor to show the number of a specific month of the magazine was delivered and how many were returned unsold.

For the purpose of selling individual magazine issues or even a lot a seller may create of several issues of a magazine, the Google Shopping attribute would be Identifier_exists with a value of No (GS accepts a value of no, No, NO, false, False, or FALSE). You could still add the attribute of brand with a value of Vogue.

You may still have the reminder from eCrater that you need brand, mpn, upc, etc, but the reminder is to help you. Once you've entered the correct information, simply ignore the reminder. At some future date, it will disappear, but it can take months for eCrater to get information back from Google Shopping. Just check GS yourself in a week to see if GS accepted your listing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the correction Sheila. I have fixed my post. Funny thing I remember hitting the cap key to write the NOT but must have gotten distracted.
RecycableResources

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: To magazine ISBN / Google Attribute Reply with quote

Thanx for your help "Moon Wishes" and,"Sheila Dees Post Cards"..
I was sure that,I listed the magazines that I sold,about 3 years ago,with no ISBN number,but,what "Threw me off" this time,was the fact that,the Google feed,said that the Vogue,mag was already listed,when it wasn't listed with the correct code (identifier_exists No) Come to think of it,3 years ago when I posted my mags on Ecrater,only about half of the magazines that I posted were on Google.
Oh well..
THANXXX AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: