eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem with linking PayPal account
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trifonii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Problem with linking PayPal account Reply with quote

Hello community,

Today I had issue with attaching Paypal account to my store in Payment options. When I click " Grant Permission " it succesfully redirecting me to the ecrater but I'm getting error: " Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect. " I can't understand the problem since my email;password is correct.

When Im redireceted this message is appearing below in "Select Payment Options"

I will appreciate your help, community. Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be having trouble because you are in Bulgaria. I'm not sure, some of the older and wiser members know better than I do.

I would suggest however that you take Cash on Delivery as a payment method and delete it. Again I don't think the PO between our two countries is going to be able to accommodate that. You have to initially ship the order without payment from the buyer and then wait and hope that they will pay the postal carrier when it gets here and then the money has to make its way back to you. The fees alone are probably more than what you make as profit.
orchardhousehandmade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This store is also based in Bulgaria and has PayPal working maybe trying messaging them and see how they managed it.

https://galyacrafts.ecrater.com/

Otherwise, maybe the Paypal community can help you.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en
Trifonii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
You could be having trouble because you are in Bulgaria. I'm not sure, some of the older and wiser members know better than I do.

I would suggest however that you take Cash on Delivery as a payment method and delete it. Again I don't think the PO between our two countries is going to be able to accommodate that. You have to initially ship the order without payment from the buyer and then wait and hope that they will pay the postal carrier when it gets here and then the money has to make its way back to you. The fees alone are probably more than what you make as profit.

I do not think that my country is problem, isn't it " bug in the system " if I would say it like that?
orchardhousehandmade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to contact ecrater to get someone to have a look at it for you. As only they can deal with bugs in the system.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another post in the eCRATER Sellers section about the same problem. Be sure to contact the eCRATER staff from the "Contact" link on the home page of ecrater.com to let them know about the problem.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bug in the system

Yes, that is exactly right. It was called that because, at the beginning of computers, bug (I think a moth) was found in a computer and had made for some problems. You may have known, that if so I apologize, I just don't know how many actually know that when they talk about a bug in a system they came upon that phrase honestly.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER has posted a message about this problem at
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38696
Trifonii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
eCRATER has posted a message about this problem at
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38696

Yes, I emailed them too Smile

Want to use the thread to ask you something, why i'm getting " pending balance" in my paypal since it's " express checkout " , before I didn't have issue like that but recently I noticed that. Why is that and what I have to do.

Thank you! Embarassed
Trifonii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I checked and on the whole orders, they were all automatically refunded, why is that?Anyone know?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why i'm getting " pending balance" in my paypal since it's " express checkout " ,
It's my understanding that if you are using PayPal Standard, the customer can go through the checkout process without completing the payment. (They would be able to return make a payment hours or days later.) If you are using PayPal Direct, the customer can not complete the checkout system without a payment. It is considered an eCrater order ONLY after eCrater received the API notice from PayPal that the customer completed the payment. Now it is possible that the customer completed the payment checkout, PayPal send eCrater the notice, but there was a problem with the customer's payment. In that case, you would see "Pending" in your PayPal account. Maybe it was a PayPal echeck (which takes a few days to clear the system). Maybe PayPal saw a problem with the payment after they sent the notice to eCRATER.

This is why we tell sellers to ALWAYS check your PayPal account to make sure you have the money before you ship.

Quote:
before I didn't have issue like that but recently I noticed that. Why is that and what I have to do.
Have you already had sales on eCrater? Do you have another store on eCRATER using the same PayPal account?

Quote:
Also I checked and on the whole orders, they were all automatically refunded, why is that?Anyone know?
If the payment was never in your PayPal account (pending) it wasn't refunded, it was cancelled by PayPal. (a difference in the fee you would be charged) If the order was cancelled by eCRATER, only eCRATER could say why the order was cancelled.

Either way, you are going to have to contact eCRATER and/or PayPal to see what is going on. You may need to contact both.
As an after thought as I reviewed this before posting, Did you try to place an order yourself in your eCrater store using your PayPal account? If yes, that could have caused a number of problems for you. That is against both PayPal and eCRATER rules.

Also, I took a look at your store. First, welcome and I see you are located in Belgium. Those 2 letter codes can be confusing sometimes.

I noticed you have no store logo (or store name) and no info on any of your text pages. The internet search bots crawl those pages so you really need to add info. Also, your customers want to know a little about you and/or you company.

I was shocked that you were going to ship an office chair to the USA for a total price (item + shipping) of only $55.00 and you have more than 10 available to ship at this price. If you have only one, be sure to change the item quantity to 1 (or the exact number) because leaving that space blank tells the system you have an unlimited number to sell. Also, it is against eCRATER rules to bill the customer later for additional shipping.

You have ads on the item page in your store. Those will probably go away after you are able to add an electronic Payment system. I did notice that your photos are smaller than 800px x 800px. That will cause a lower placement in the eCRATER marketplace and affect your Google shopping placement. For the US Google Shopping, your photos need to be greater than 800px x 800px, I'm not sure about the EU Google Shopping but would assume it would be the same.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the selling of that chair with free shipping for $55, unless you get free shipping from Bulgaria and the chairs practically free.

One of the things that helps you to sell here is promoting your goods yourself and not just by way of the 'promote your store' thread. With only two items available in your store and neither at all alike, you are going to have a lot of trouble promoting them. Your store is just a teeny, tiny micro-drop in the ocean of online selling. You will need more items and it helps if they are all the same type so that you don't have to search out ways to promote all the different things.
Trifonii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the useful information,especially for US google ads, I didn't know that I need photos greater than 800x800.

It's really weird why the orders being refunded without any notification in ym store, neither in email. I messaged ecrater support and I hope they'll answer me.

Again, thank you for the support. Embarassed
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for saying you were Bulgarian instead of Belgian. Bulgaria is what came up on Google when I entered your two-letter country code so I must have messed it up.

It looks as if your store has been suspended. In case you weren't aware.
Trifonii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I apologize for saying you were Bulgarian instead of Belgian. Bulgaria is what came up on Google when I entered your two-letter country code so I must have messed it up.

It looks as if your store has been suspended. In case you weren't aware.

Suspended?! But I didn't do anything Crying or Very sad Okay thank you for the information.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: