eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PayPal Error trying to link to eCrater store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dovestreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: PayPal Error trying to link to eCrater store Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm setting up my eCRATER store and have nearly 150 items listed. I will be opening it up the day before Easter. I'm very excited to be opening the store soon and have told all my friends.

I have a problem and not sure where to ask for an answer.

I tried to link my PayPal account to it, but I keep getting an error:

Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect.
PayPal is currently working to fix the issue. Please try again in couple of days. In 2019 it took them 7 days to fix it.

I have checked all my settings and everything appears to be o.k.

What do I do?

The store is called Dove's Treasures

Thank you for any help that you can provide.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER! Wishing you much success!

Your best bet would be to contact the ecrater team to ask for their help. I know I have no clue how to proceed.

If you have 150 items listed already, why not open your store now and the search engines have a chance to start noticing it? I don't know if you have sold online before, but a grand opening here isn't the same as waiting for a new Dairy Queen on the corner to open up. If people stumble upon you store, currently they will see an empty store with a notice that it will open in 10 days. I doubt that many will not that down and come see it when it is open. Personally I would turn it on now. When I came to eCRATER after having sold other places, from my first listing on, I had more store open. As I listed more items, I got more sales. I listed over 5000 items that first year manually which gives me a giggle when some come here and complain because they have so much to list, maybe 50-100 items, and are having trouble with the download feature. Just my freely given opinion for what it is worth. LOL!
Dovestreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for the greeting,

The date has a specific personal meaning in memory of someone special.

Also, now that it will not show instant PayPal Express, it will be a hassle to get paid. I have great relationship with PayPal as a buyer and not sure what the issue is.

I need to clear up why PayPal shows the eror on eCrater.

Thank you for all your help : ) Now to try and find out who to contact..

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER! Wishing you much success!

Your best bet would be to contact the ecrater team to ask for their help. I know I have no clue how to proceed.

If you have 150 items listed already, why not open your store now and the search engines have a chance to start noticing it? I don't know if you have sold online before, but a grand opening here isn't the same as waiting for a new Dairy Queen on the corner to open up. If people stumble upon you store, currently they will see an empty store with a notice that it will open in 10 days. I doubt that many will not that down and come see it when it is open. Personally I would turn it on now. When I came to eCRATER after having sold other places, from my first listing on, I had more store open. As I listed more items, I got more sales. I listed over 5000 items that first year manually which gives me a giggle when some come here and complain because they have so much to list, maybe 50-100 items, and are having trouble with the download feature. Just my freely given opinion for what it is worth. LOL!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to eCRATER.com and go to the bottom right hand corner of the page and click on 'contact'. No specific department or person. It is a very small team here and the responses are real responses! None of the weirdly unhelpful emails like some venues pawn off onto sellers.

A special day is a special day I can comprehend that. November 15 this year will be a 50th anniversary of a very special day in my life. My first boyfriend and then my family moved 3000 miles away in August, and I have never seen him again, but around 25 years ago we reunited via email. He was my mentor for teaching me how to sell online. He helps keep me sane.
Dovestreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Go to eCRATER.com and go to the bottom right hand corner of the page and click on 'contact'. No specific department or person. It is a very small team here and the responses are real responses! None of the weirdly unhelpful emails like some venues pawn off onto sellers.

A special day is a special day I can comprehend that. November 15 this year will be a 50th anniversary of a very special day in my life. My first boyfriend and then my family moved 3000 miles away in August, and I have never seen him again, but around 25 years ago we reunited via email. He was my mentor for teaching me how to sell online. He helps keep me sane.

Thank you for the information. I just finished speaking with PayPal and they told me it is because my PayPal account is listed as a PERSONAL account and not BUSINESS account. They told me I will not be able to sell on eCrater unless I switch to a Business account.

They said they are upgrading their policies and any seller on eCrater or other online selling forums wil be required to have a business account. (No exceptions.) So, I went to change the status to Business Account, but they require you have "Articles of Incorporation." I'm just a grandma who is selling items from the attic, in boxes that had for years. I don't expect to make alot of money. Just adding what I do make into grandkids college funds.

Now I don't know what to do...

Thank you for all your kindness and help all who have replied.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a lot of us are old ladies with grandkids - after waiting YEARS we got out first one (and only most likely) a year and a half ago. She is on the home page of our store.

I've had a business account with PP for a long time. Have you tried signing up for Stripe? I use both Stripe and PP, but Stripe takes all the different cards as well. I've had maybe $11,000 in transactions with them with no problem. The function in the background just like a credit card manager program at your grocery store. None of us knows who the store uses to process our cards, nor do we have to as long as it works. I have both and one of the biggest reasons is that some have had problems with PP and really hate PP so they wouldn't buy from you unless there is an alternative. I don't take paper money in the forms of cash, checks or MO. most don't use them anyhow and I don't want to wait around for them to show up or take a MO to the bank to cash it before sending out the item. I have bad arthritis so I try to make things easy on myself. Very Happy

The eCRATER team may be able to help as well. I had heard of this new rule for anyone who is new here. If you have a tax license, I wonder if PP would take that as the proof you need to function as a business. Unless you live in a no sales tax state, you will need the ability to collect sales tax for any customer from your state at least here on eCRATER as they do not collect and remit state sales tax for any of the states. The will charge those from your state sales tax as needed, but you will need to submit it yourself.
Dovestreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!! You are a gem.

I have never used the Stripe option, but will now and not use P.P.

I really appreciate your help.

Everyone has been so nice.

Dove

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well a lot of us are old ladies with grandkids - after waiting YEARS we got out first one (and only most likely) a year and a half ago. She is on the home page of our store.

I've had a business account with PP for a long time. Have you tried signing up for Stripe? I use both Stripe and PP, but Stripe takes all the different cards as well. I've had maybe $11,000 in transactions with them with no problem. The function in the background just like a credit card manager program at your grocery store. None of us knows who the store uses to process our cards, nor do we have to as long as it works. I have both and one of the biggest reasons is that some have had problems with PP and really hate PP so they wouldn't buy from you unless there is an alternative. I don't take paper money in the forms of cash, checks or MO. most don't use them anyhow and I don't want to wait around for them to show up or take a MO to the bank to cash it before sending out the item. I have bad arthritis so I try to make things easy on myself. Very Happy

The eCRATER team may be able to help as well. I had heard of this new rule for anyone who is new here. If you have a tax license, I wonder if PP would take that as the proof you need to function as a business. Unless you live in a no sales tax state, you will need the ability to collect sales tax for any customer from your state at least here on eCRATER as they do not collect and remit state sales tax for any of the states. The will charge those from your state sales tax as needed, but you will need to submit it yourself.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome, The more successful each of us individually is, the more the site is also a success and will draw in more people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: