eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any odd delays with USPS lately ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Any odd delays with USPS lately ? Reply with quote

I saw a report on twitter, from someone I know, about a USPS package being delayed. What with all the airline cancellations, I am wondering if USPS is getting backed up moving freight on some routes. Online sales have been brisk as of late.

Anyone seeing delays on their shipments ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an email from Canada Post warning shippers of delays. They didn't mention fewer flights but said with the two meter rule of separation it took a lot longer to sort the mail.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any service delays yet. The eCommerceBytes newsletter had this article[url] https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/04/17/domestic-shipping-disruptions-now-a-reality-for-sellers/[/url] published April 17th regarding the changed standard for the USPS. Seems there have been slow-downs in parts of the country.

There has also been major disruptions in shipping between US & Japan according to article published April 23 on eccomcebytes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of any problems at this point.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Any odd delays with USPS lately ? Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Anyone seeing delays on their shipments ?

No major delays, remarkably. I think two packages this month have been delayed by like one day each. (Shipping origin is the Mid-Atlantic.)
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those sellers who ship to AU, here's a quote from a newsletter I follow who quoted the Australia Post. They added the (note) defining posties.
Quote:
In a message on its website, Australia Post says, “We are doing everything possible to keep delivering during the Coronavirus pandemic. Most of our Post Offices are still open, while our posties (what the Aussies call postal workers) and drivers are working to deliver parcels to you. Challenges presented by the pandemic mean there are delays as our business creates additional safety measures to protect our people and customers. Other factors contributing to delays, include fewer domestic flights, international delays and increased volumes as more people start shopping online.”

I was concerned about Media Mail, but so far that has moved on a regular schedule. I will add that I'm in North Florida and haven't had any cross country Media Mail packages. Going to the west coast may be a different story.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I will add that I'm in North Florida and haven't had any cross country Media Mail packages. Going to the west coast may be a different story.

One of the packages that had a minor delay was Media Mail to the Southwest (from Mid-Atlantic). I have another Media Mail going to Calif. today. Will keep eye on timing.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a package coming from Michigan that seems to be stuck. I am assuming, like most places, there can be an outbreak that is localized. I am amazed every time I see I see a mail truck. I think they are doing well with the conditions out there. I really thought at some point we would see reduced mail service.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of any and my Amazon stats show everything at 100% received in time.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see, it depends on the package destination. I mailed one to Virginia two weeks ago and it is still is in transit. All others have been either on time or one day delayed.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an expensive sweater that went to an APO/Military location and it took 2 weeks to get there.

Also, I had a voided shipping label that the refund took 31 days instead of 14 days to get.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything going to an APO is bound to be slower as the USPS has to get it into the military hands and then from there the military is in charge of where it goes and if/when it is delivered. I would suppose that they have some extra protocols in place these days that might slow things down even more. One of the reasons that for the most part it doesn't pay to send things Priority.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally send everything First Class Mail or Priority Flat Rate and when it comes to the APO's it use to be only 1 week to deliver.
I was getting a bit anxious when it got to be 2 weeks. ( I know with this virus is really different, but when you see it doesn't move for a while, it gets you to wonder )
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....the package that I mailed to Virginia two weeks ago finally showed up in the USPS tracking system. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I already refunded the customer's money through Stripe, which of course cost me a Stripe fee for the refund. This is the only package I've mailed that had this problem; all the others arrived on time or had a 1 day delay. All were first class mail. I did mail a package yesterday that was Priority Mail so I'm anxious to see if that has a delay.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you will get an honest seller?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: