eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why Won't eCrater offer invoice printing for customers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Americasprice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Why Won't eCrater offer invoice printing for customers? Reply with quote

I've been selling on eCrater for years now. It's a great platform but up to this day, eCrater still doesn't have a way for us to print a customer invoice unless they pay with Paypal. However, not everyone pays with Paypal so there is no way for me to send them a copy of the invoice. Any suggestions?

While you are at it, feel free to stop by and check out Americasprice on eCrater. Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because technically there should be no reason to send a buyer an invoice as if they see something they want, they pay for it via the regular channel. However, when it is an international buyer or someone wants PM, I will send them a PP invoice if needed. Most that have asked for the invoice will generally pay for it. I think Stripe might do it, but I have never checked on it.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I create my own invoices because it's my business, not some marketplace site (the medium), that they're doing business with and I prefer having all the related transaction info in one place, for myself and my customers. Although, I refer to them as Sales Receipts because an Invoice is for items not paid for. Before creating one in QuickBooks, I manually created them in Word, but they can also be done in Excel or Access. I prefer Access because it allows me to keep track of everything in one place (ie, inventory, sales, expenses) and create my own custom reports and forms with complete control. I just haven't had the time to make the switch because it will take refreshing my database skills.

Many sellers forget the importance of including at least a packing slip, which does serve a purpose. If the item ever becomes separated from its package for whatever reason, there's a much better chance of it ending up in the right hands if it's shipped with a piece of paper identifying the contents and who they're being shipped by/to. I don't worry about whether or not a customer wants one because it's a part of shipping, as far as I'm concerned. If it's a gift and they want the amount hidden, they have the option of letting me know.

Last edited by pickychicky on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and you can make invoices with Stripe as well. Like Picky Chicky I see no reason for eCRATER to get involved in whether we invoice someone or not. Generally, I only do it these days if someone wants Priority Mail shipping or it is an international buyer. Since I no longer have shipping set up for international buyers, it is easier for me if they want to buy something if they ask me if I ship to wherever and then I can send them an invoice for the correct shipping amount. Back when 20-25% of my business was international orders invoicing, of course, it would have been too cumbersome so I had to make good 'guesstimates of the shipping'. I usually got it right, but the last couple of years an ounce one way or the other can mean several dollars of uncompensated shipping.

One of the things that we need to remember is that back in the early days of selling online, we didn't have the venues doing invoicing, etc. for us. Even at this point, you can't do it with Amazon. So someone wanting to buy 20-30 of your items on Amazon, we can't send them an invoice with a discount for the large amount of the purchase. Even trying to discuss it via email can get you in trouble.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an easy packing slip I just hit the control key and P when I am on the view orders page. In prints the entire order information.

For an invoice you may be able to do a screenshot and download as an image, then email the image? I have never tried but it might work.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any regular order though shouldn't need an invoice as the prices and shipping would already be in the order. The only reason for a change is someone wants an upgrade in shipping. If a seller forgot the shipping when listing something, they can't send an invoice to request it from the buyer. I can only remember doing invoices for Priority Mail or an international order since I stopped have my international stores.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's cool about the way I do it is that as I enter the information, I'm doing ALL of the data entry I need for the transaction in QuickBooks...one entry, custom invoice, and everything's at my fingertips. =)
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the invoices from PayPal. Only create custom invoices when I send International or do a combine shipping.

About the International. Since the increases of USPS years ago, I did not have any order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: