eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moldycollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items? Reply with quote

I keep getting questions about, and selling items clearly marked "Hidden From View". Ecrater insists the number in the listing can't be zero, so people see the quantity one and buy. Is there any way to get the quantity to zero? Is there any way to stop buyers from seeing these listings?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can't stop them from finding them and it isn't because of the number one in the box as long as you have clicked on 'hide this item'. Your customers are finding the listing via an old URL link that is out there since you can't remove stuff off the internet once it is out there. You can delete the actual order unless you are going to be getting more of the item in stock. However, in the case where they actually PAY for an item, it means it was not hidden. So your buyer was not seeing something "clearly marked "Hidden From View""

When I get these questions for items that are hidden, I tell them that I don't have it and then suggest something else in the same type of genre. I sell sewing patterns so if they want a particular wedding gown that I no longer have, I send a link to all my wedding gown patterns.

I did just look at your shop and noted your negatives/neutrals that the buyers had actually been able to buy something that was supposedly hidden. A hidden listing will NOT allow a person to buy anything, after each sale, you have to double-check that each listing is down to the number 1 in stock (if you only had one and it sells on eCRATER the number will go to zero) and that it is hidden. If you leave the one but don't hide it, of course, they will be able to buy an item. And while occasionally I have people buy something that my quantity count was incorrect, I have never had a person be able to buy an item after it was sold and was hidden. The fact that they were even able to leave your feedback shows that it wasn't a hidden listing as otherwise the payment wouldn't have gone through and to get feedback the person has to pay with an electronic method PP/Stripe. So this looks to be something that you need to be careful with.

I get plenty of people wanting to buy things that are no longer available. Some of them make me wonder a bit about the potential buyer as they see that the item is on hold and so they write to me and say that they have the money and will pay RIGHT NOW! As if the reason it is on hold is that someone else didn't pay yet so they want to 'cut in line' so to speak. As I get more of the same patterns, rather than having to make more links, etc. I unhide the listings and tweak the listing so I can sell the newly acquired item. But for sellers that are only selling one-offs, there is no reason to not delete the listing after 30 days or whatever time frame would allow a person and you that needs to look at the listing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noted something else in your store on the bepuzzled star, you have written that Priority mail would be $5.75 while checking the shipping rates to my town, PM is over $8. That is something else to tick a buyer off as well as something that they could hold you to or they could say that they want the free FCM.
moldycollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items? Reply with quote

I am sorry, but I have checked every listing and they have all been checked off as hide from view.

This sold as I was reading your reply. It is checked Hide from View.

https://www.ecrater.com/admin/editprod.php?pid=26175810&cid=0&srn=0&sel_gcid=0&keywords=scream&

As to the bepuzzled yellow star, whatever i had built into shipping in the price for FCM at the time the listing was made plus the $5.75 would have been about the cost then for PM at the time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As to the bepuzzled yellow star, whatever i had built into shipping in the price for FCM at the time the listing was made plus the $5.75 would have been about the cost then for PM at the time.

I understand that, but a customer won't those numbers need fixed to the appropriate number or taken off since that information is covered when they use the shipping calculator.

As to another item selling around when you got my reply, I can't see what is on that link as I don't have the authorization to see inside your store.

You will have to check with the eCRATER team to find out why this is happening as it shouldn't be.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get inquiries regarding items that I had one of, sold a couple of years ago, and have been deleted from my hidden list. I've never had a purchase made but people have asked why their effort to buy doesn't go through.

When an item sells, ecrater stops feeding it to the internet but once an item is out there no way can you remove it. Generally it falls so far down the search listing that it is not relevant and only a desperate buyer would click on the link.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items? Reply with quote

moldycollectibles wrote:
https://www.ecrater.com/admin/editprod.php?pid=26175810&cid=0&srn=0&sel_gcid=0&keywords=scream&

That's the link to your admin side edit screen. We can't see that, because we are not logged in as you.

Quote:

The point that she was trying to make to you has to do with how your customers are being charged, and not what you're displaying. You have to have your fields/tables/etc all set up to deliver the correct shipping at checkout. Because of how eCRATER works shipping, you cannot have both FCPS and PM available for the same item, unless you're using Calculated Shipping. If you use Calculated Shipping, that negates the built-in FCPS rate, because it's going to charge them based on the item weight, so FCPS will not be free.

You can have free shipping with FCPS built-in, but you can't have the same listing with $5.75 additional if they want PM.
moldycollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items? Reply with quote

@cosmicray . Thanks for the clarification. I only have the free shipping actually active. The item(s) with this message are all imported from imported where they two options are available. I never really thought about the buyer's reaction reading this. I should make sure to delete this going forward and clean up the existing listings as I go.

@moonwishes I think going to the eCrater admin is the answer.

Judging by what I've sold I think some people are desperate to get things to kill time with. I have sold pieces I needed to wash down and dry off they had been on the shelves for so long.
popupBeauty

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: sort of had similar happen to me last week.. Reply with quote

I had an Ad for a lipstick, Qty set at 2 Available.
A shopper bought those 2 in one sale, immediately Paid in Paypal, then literally in the next 2 minutes, made another same sale, of those 2 lipsticks again, and paid in Paypal, Again. (the Paypal emails were 2 min + 1 sec between)

I do have my Inventory Control activated.

Why would the system here have allowed this? I had to refund the 2nd whole payment which was over $60 and I had to eat the fee which was more than $2 ~ when it was not my fault.. The system here should not have allowed that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is an easy one. It takes about 15 minutes or so, more or less, for PP to indicate to ecrater and ecrater to respond to the fact that you are sold out and then hides the listing. You item literally was not 'hidden' yet.

Just once in all the time I have sold here did I sell the same item within a minute or two. Of course, I only had one. I'm glad it doesn't happen more often. This was a case where inevitably the buyer say that there was only 2 available and then instead of putting on her thinking cap and seeing that she could only buy two still, that maybe you only had two and skipped buying or attempting to buy two more.

When I was still selling books and I had them listed on Amazon and I think eBay. I sold some Jewish/English one of the Old Testament books. I had one listed at both places as I only had one. Then like now I have to keep a good eye on sales to cut off an item listed elsewhere. But she bought my copy on Amazon and then went to eBay to buy my one listing there. Somehow she also didn't seem to understand that if the same seller has one copy listed at two venues, it probably means that they only actually have one of the item, not one for every venue that they sold on. I of course had to refund the one sale and in my messaging back and worth with her that she wasn't the sharpest tack in the box when it came to common sense.

Anyhow, these things happen and I am sorry that it happened to you and don't forget that you can deduct that fee as a business expenses.
Americasprice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to my also. I really don't mind it. As long as the "Buy Now" button is disabled there should be no problem. The reason I don't mind is because even though I no longer have this item up for sale it's still driving traffic to my store. Who know, maybe they will check out other items and buy something else. Who know. I welcome traffic from hidden items. I could lead to a sale and your store name gets exposure
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to use those queries to suggest other items and give them at least one URL to my store.
popupBeauty

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: .. it happened AGAIN Reply with quote

Had a blush item listed: Quantity of 3 available.
The buyer bought and paid for those 3. Then immediately returned and bought and paid for (3) again.. then she went back in and made a 3rd ticket and paid for those 3 blush.. And since the system still had not Updated - she went back in and made a 4th ticket, and Paid for 3, again.

So I have (4) paid Invoices for those same 3 blush.

This is not Fair that eCrater's system allows this and if it continues, I am going to have to leave and find a new place to sell.

This is not right that I should have to eat these fees which are probably going to be about $4.50 this time. Last time it was almost $2.50 - and its the limitations of the platform here that allow it to happen. Sad
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is not Fair that eCrater's system allows this and if it continues, I am going to have to leave and find a new place to sell.

This obviously your choice to leave if you want. However, I do not believe that this is a problem on account of eCRATER. I think it is totally the time lag between when the sale and payment are completely and PP tells eCRATER that the item is sold and paid for.

For those that this has happened to, have you ever had this problem when Stripe is the payment portal? I have had it wi8th PP but never Stripe. Stripe in this regard tends to have their last together' better than PP as they are a true credit card processing service. When I have gone to Stripe to find out my fees for a transactions, sometimes I have seen multiple attempts to buy the item, before one is successful. I think that Stripe tends to be more aware of what is being bought and how they deal with it. That is why so many times the payment, after Stripe's fee, can already be ready to deposit into my bank within no time. Just my opinion.

Before leaving, you might want to try using Stripe exclusively and see if it keeps this from happening. I have only once had an immediate purchase of the same thing but by a different buyer! Amazing that suddenly two different people want the same item at the same time for something that had been listed for several years.!
popupBeauty

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Lag Time - issues Reply with quote

I don't see why the eCrater platform can't "hide" the item as soon as it records that Invoice, before the customer even Pays.
Even if it's a bum sale (tire kicker) and they don't follow through to pay in what I deem is an acceptable time, I can go into my admin and cancel the invoice, and restore the item count if necessary.
Then it's up to me whether the item becomes available again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: