eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I stop buyers from seeing Hidden From View Items?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER doesn't hide an item immediately because not everyone pays via PP/Stripe. Some pay by check, cash, MO, COD, etc. and for those sellers they want to give them a chance to pay or not. I had to take down the option for MO because when I was still open for international sales people would 'buy' a pattern and indicated that they would pay by MO. As I didn't take foreign MO, that was a sale that was not a sale and I wouldn't want the item hidden.

(Foreign MO costs at that time at least $8 to cash if the bank even would, so at the price most of my items sold for, I literally didn't make any profit and actually paid the customer to take the item off my hands - not what I was in business to do!).
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a glitch between eCrater and Paypal. It happens random and to every seller in one point or another. It is not the end of the world. If you are taking care of your store. It is just an "apologies email" and some refunds.

Quote:
This is not Fair that eCrater's system allows this and if it continues, I am going to have to leave and find a new place to sell.

Do you read the chat? There is always somebody crying about zero sales. Rolling Eyes

You are getting sales. It means you are getting traffic. It is the sales business. One more time. It is just an "apologies email" and some refunds.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americasprice wrote:
The reason I don't mind is because even though I no longer have this item up for sale it's still driving traffic to my store.

Yes and no. If the landing page is a marketplace page, they only get to your store by clicking the store link, on the right sidebar.

If the landing page was a store page, then I agree with your statement.

And before anyone asks "how would they get to a marketplace page if the item is on hold ?". They can get there during the lag, between putting your store on hold, and GS deciding that no feed means remove these listings from the DB. Once upon a time we thought that was 30 days. It can also happen if someone is not paying attention, and puts the marketplace link into a promotion. That would cause organic to send some traffic to the marketplace page (without a feed happening).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had folks asking for a pattern that I had sold out of several years before. You can't generally tell where they found the link, most likely Pinterest in my case, but Google at least in organic searches, I have found listings that had been sold out for two years before while my active listing was further down on the pages if not back further pages from the first one.

I no longer worry about it, but I try to not delete any pattern listing if I can help it as some patterns I will get them back in stock and that means the link is now active again and easier for people to find. Not everyone can do that, I realize, but it works for me.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: .. it happened AGAIN Reply with quote

popupBeauty wrote:
Had a blush item listed: Quantity of 3 available.
The buyer bought and paid for those 3. Then immediately returned and bought and paid for (3) again.. then she went back in and made a 3rd ticket and paid for those 3 blush.. And since the system still had not Updated - she went back in and made a 4th ticket, and Paid for 3, again.

So I have (4) paid Invoices for those same 3 blush.

This is not Fair that eCrater's system allows this and if it continues, I am going to have to leave and find a new place to sell.

This is not right that I should have to eat these fees which are probably going to be about $4.50 this time. Last time it was almost $2.50 - and its the limitations of the platform here that allow it to happen. Sad
I agree with you that this should not be happening, however I can also understand why some seller would not want this changed. This discussion has been on-going probably for the life of eCRATER. At one time there was no cost to a refund, but that time has changed. I've been told the "normal" response time for eCrater to get the info back from PayPal and/or Stripe is apx. 15 minutes, after which the status changes to "On Hold". Sometimes it can be longer. If the customer simply makes their purchase and goes about their business, there isn't a problem. However, if the customer hits the back button to go back and look at the item or if they saved a link to the item and they quickly go to look at the item, it will still show the buy button so they think something went wrong. At this point they repeat the order because they think it didn't work the first time. If they are really quick and/or the system is slower than usual, you wind up with 4 orders.

The logical answer would seem to simply place the item on hold after the customer clicked on the buy button and return it to an active buy button if the customer removed it from their cart. It would require require some notice to the seller every time someone placed the item in their cart and a second notice if they removed the item from their cart or closed their browser without completing the sale. Since buyers don't have accounts here, there is no way to place something in your cart, close the window, and return later. Some sellers would hate getting all these notices. Also, since the buyers have no accounts, there would be nothing stopping a competitor from "buying" all your stock with no plans to purchase. This is why it would be critical to have a second computer action to change the status back to "Buy Now" when the cart was closed without payment unless the buyer selected check or money order as payment.

I think the ideal would be to add a system where every time an item is added to a cart, it is placed on Hold. Then give the seller the option to use the current system or switch to the new system. Since we no longer receive our fees back from the payment services for refunded orders, I would vote for a new system that places the item on hold as soon as it is placed in the cart. Maybe there could be a temporary hold that expires after x number of hours if payment isn't received OR the seller the seller doesn't change the hold status to perm. hold (for checks & money orders, etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: