eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any odd delays with USPS lately ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more oddness with USPS … today I received a first class letter returned to me by USPS. It was addressed to my church, about 35 miles away. Due to COVID, the church is currently closed, but collecting mail from the post office once a week. Instead of putting it with the other mail, they sent it back. Going to talk to my local PO and see what they say. Film at 11.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman picked up a package at my house two days ago and it is still not tracking. I called my post office and they said they are extremely backed up on entering tracking information via scan on all packages. I talked to my mailman (6 feet away) and he said it's a mess but he will look for the package upon return to the post office and scan it himself. He said there is an issue at a very large distribution center that is covid19 related but wouldn't expand on the info.

Wish eCrater would place some sort of notice about possible postal delays on the check-out screen; however, they probably don't want to discourage buyers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grannysbargainattic wrote:
but he will look for the package upon return to the post office and scan it himself. He said there is an issue at a very large distribution center that is covid19 related but wouldn't expand on the info..

Was he implying that packages were just sitting in your local post office ?

edit: I just checked tracking on a package I mailed on Tuesday/26th. It flowed normally thru the mailstream, and is expected to be delivered today, in Ohio, so it may be something local to your area.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailman picked up a package at my house two days ago and it is still not tracking. I called my post office and they said they are extremely backed up on entering tracking information via scan on all packages. I talked to my mailman (6 feet away) and he said it's a mess but he will look for the package upon return to the post office and scan it himself. .... .
I thought letter carriers had scanners with them to scan packages upon pickup and to scan upon delivery. I guess not all areas have scanners for all letter carriers. Sure glad my carrier is able to scan before he drives away from my mailbox.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girl scans stuff as she picks it up which prevents things from stacking up. I saw her yesterday and I hadn't seen her for months. I asked her how things are going and she said it is like Christmas. She looked totally wiped out. I know she turned 65 last summer and so decided to stay on. But when you think about the Christmas rush, they know there is always an end to it. I know just the stuff I leave out for her is a lot more than usual. Many Mondays, we have to take it to town as I can't pack everything in time to meet her so there is a bit of a break for her on those days I was shipping over 30 packages!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Mailman picked up a package at my house two days ago and it is still not tracking. I called my post office and they said they are extremely backed up on entering tracking information via scan on all packages. I talked to my mailman (6 feet away) and he said it's a mess but he will look for the package upon return to the post office and scan it himself. .... .
I thought letter carriers had scanners with them to scan packages upon pickup and to scan upon delivery. I guess not all areas have scanners for all letter carriers. Sure glad my carrier is able to scan before he drives away from my mailbox.

They do (generally), however during the Holiday rush, someone pointed out a USPS rule that carriers are only required to scan on acceptance for shipments of 4 or fewer packages. If you have a Multi-Order-Shipping SCAN form, then that should indirectly scan all the packages. But that also requires the carrier to press the button that the count on the form matches the count of packages.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just now got back to reading the replies to my comment. Yes, the person at my post office indicated that they had packages sitting around waiting to be scanned. I left my mailman a note (talked to him also) that the package picked up two days before hadn't been scanned yet and to please check into it. I also called to advise of a possible problem, talking to a different person. They must have done something because it started tracking a couple of hours later. My carrier doesn't scan items when picked up, it's done at the Post Office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: