eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Really unusual issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeggyS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Really unusual issue Reply with quote

Hello community,

I'm new on ecrater, i started selling before two days. I got orders from my buyers, due to the process of completing this, i made my store on " vacation " to prevent future orders because to do the previous ones.

On this day, I saw that on my pay pal all transactions were refunded without any reasons. Any ideas?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store has been suspended by the eCRATER team. If you look at your store as a buyer (from your administration page click on preview) you'll see one item on your home page. When you click on that item it says "Oops! This item could not be found. Here are some similar products" which normally indicates a store that has been suspended. Here on the forum, we are sellers and can only see your store as a buyer would see your store.

You need to contact the eCRATER team from the contact link on the home page of ecrater.com to discuss the issue.

Taking an educated guess, I would say eCRATER was probably contacted by one of your customers who thought you ran off with their money. When you open a store with one item, don't give any information, sell the item way below any others on the internet, put your store on hold after 2 days with orders pending, it really looks strange.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am glad that your buyers were refunded.

I don't understand why after getting two orders you felt the need to put your store on vacation to take care of these orders. Did you not have any supply of these, or didn't have the right shipping or something? Most of us are thrilled to make our first sale, much less two sales, and would never think to put our store on vacation just when we start selling. So, it does look suspicious that you put your store on vacation which makes it look like it is closed. I may have misunderstood what you said however, as your writing style is a bit different. Are you here in the US?

If eCRATER allows you to resell again. I would suggest that before opening your store back up, that you take some time, like several weeks, reading all the rules as well as as many forum posts as possible so you know how to do things. You obviously didn't. Just because you can list something for sale, doesn't mean that you should until you have a clue of what you are doing. You can't start a brick and mortar store with less than 5 minutes' worth of thinking and listing, and so neither should you be starting an online store with 5 minutes thought. I'm not trying to be mean, but this holds true for any place that you might want to sell online such as Amazon, eBay, etc.
MeggyS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello users,

I'm outside of US. I got many orders, not only two, thats why I did that. Also how I can run with the funds since they're on pending balance? Hmm, even if i have Stripe i think there have this system like pay pal or im wrong( about on hold funds )?

I can't run with the funds since they're " frozen " / on hold for certain time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meggy, I'm not sure where you got the idea that the funds would be pending. On Amazon you have funds that are pending until you ship the product and once you do and tell Amazon that you have shipped, the funds go into your account.

However, here when a person pays Paypal or Stripe, those funds are immediately in your account as there is no system set up to tell Stripe or PP that you have shipped unless you use shipping by PP, but that is only just for shipping, not to tell PP to give you the funds.

So, yes, to have gotten purchases, and then put your store on vacation immediately would make customers extremely nervous to see that. As the funds are gone and they can't get them back under normal circumstances. For instance, today a lady bought a pattern from me today and used Stripe to pay, then she bought it again and used PP to pay, then she told me she had ordered two accidentally so please cancel those two and then she bought and paid for the pattern again using PP. So I went to Stripe and found that not only had they processed the payment and had already put it into their downloading process to me! I hadn't even seen the order before the money was on its way to me. With PP I had to refund one of the orders that had already been added to my money total as was the payment that I was going to get to pay for the item she actually bought. I don't think that there was any way other than a chargeback for her to have gotten all her money back as it was mine - she had given it to me.

I don't know what the rules are for a newbie for holding funds before paying them out. How long have you been selling here? I guess I am surprised since you say you had MANY orders not just those two. Most newbies don't get 'many' orders at all except for very unusual circumstances. I don't think you are telling us the circumstances that could help us help you. Nothing explains why you put your store on vacation or why you thought that might be a good idea to do. In your first post you said that the funds had been refunded and know you are saying they are 'frozen' or 'on hold'. So as they say here, things are as clear as mud.

Were you holding out shipping until you had the payment from PP and then PP wanted to hold your money since you were a newbie? You are expected to ship within the time frame that I think here is 5 days at the most. I'm not really sure since I ship within 24 hours and have been doing that for 18+ years. I don't bother memorizing rules that don't affect me such as a shipping time frame since I know I exceeding it. I do want to help you if possible but you have a confusing story.

Hoping that the eCRATER team has been able to help.
MeggyS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I meant about the on hold funds that they were on hold. Now i do not have any transaction, therefore no order requiring shipping. Even i got customers who asked me why I refunded their funds since i didnt do that. Also one customer told me that he still does not receive his funds on his credit card since it says - Refunded. Logically it must within a minute or so, the funds to be on his balance.

Thank you anyway for the support and information given!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refunds can take from a day or so to up to ten days. I have no idea why.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MeggyS

You have supplied no store level information. Nothing in FAQ, Terms of Service, Contact or About. We do not know why you store was suspended, but not supplying any of those may suggest your store is not authentic. Contact the eCRATER team and see what they can tell you.
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your funds were placed on hold because you are a new seller. This is done by paypal or stripe, not ecrater.

Paypal default hold is 21 days for new sellers.

Stripe default hold for new sellers is 7 days or 14 days depending on the industry. I suspect ecommerce is 14 days.

The payment hold would be extended for cancelled orders and disputed charges since that triggers fraud warnings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that more is going on than PP holding the funds since eCRATER suspended the seller. Nor do any of her posts make sense.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe she stated she is outside of the US, so I am guessing English is not her first language. The could be why you are not understanding what she is trying to say.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JB - I realize that which is why I asked for clarification as I have never heard of any seller putting their store on vacation because they got orders. Or a newbie getting so many orders that they have to turn their store off. Contacting the team has already been suggested which would probably help more at this time since they can see what is going on in her store and we can't.
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A newbie that had not set quantities on items would put their store on vacation hold to prevent selling beyond their inventory.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a natural born English speaker. But reading the reply it is clear. The new user did not understood the issue or the comments from our fellow users.

It is simple. Since some years ago, Paypal and other payment methods monitor new accounts and any account moving a lot of money. In the past. I believe eCrater was not able to see or monitor/follow the sales. Now they can see it because they monitor the fees. Also they can identify the stores are "potential trouble".

Not offense. Anyone "getting" sales and go to vacation mode. It is a red flag.

One more thing. Maybe is not the case. Never buy from yourself to create "fake" sales. Not every site allows buying "likes" or fake bidders. Wink
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if we can clear this up:

1. When you get sales, you're supposed to fill them. If you don't fill them or refund customers in full without any explanation, then you are branded a fraud, like it or not.

2. When you signed up for a PayPal account, you should have read their terms to learn that your account would go through what is called a probationary period where they hold your funds for 21 days (or whatever). I'm not sure what their current terms are and I don't have the time to look it up for you, but it usually covers the first 90 days, or the first X number of sales, while they monitor how you conduct business. Since you got orders that you didn't fill, and placed your shop on vacation, instead, they got complaints from your customers (or eCrater) and put a freeze on your funds.

Did you even contact your customers to explain the shipping delay, or did you just put your shop on vacation and leave them to guess? If you had kept them informed, maybe they wouldn't have complained to PayPal and your shop wouldn't have been suspended and your PayPal account frozen.

So, while some might think it mean to suggest that you take the time to read and learn what you need to learn BEFORE jumping in, this just goes to show how quickly you can kill your own business before you even get started. READ, PEOPLE! While you might not like it, it really is that simple. You can't expect others to do it for you. We already did that for ourselves and are now busy tending to our own businesses. We do not have the kind of time it takes to teach you everything we've learned over the decades. That's something you're going to have to do on your own or pay someone else to do (like business school) because you obviously don't even have a grasp of the basics. The confusion here has nothing to do with a language barrier. Just laziness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: