eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The You're eCRATER-ing It Wrong thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: The You're eCRATER-ing It Wrong thread Reply with quote

I wanted to buy some sheets. Then I noticed this listing. Anyone see something wrong besides me ?

https://www.ecrater.com/p/567628/disney-eeyore-flannel-twin-sheet
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see lots wrong with that listing!..as well as with that store in general
no feedback since 2016 and this: "Last Updated: 13 Dec 2019 07:45:01 PST"
Nothing to take serious here!!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cosmic, I think I would go elsewhere for the sheets! They need turned in.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaoo! The "Sold Out" photo. I did not use it since eCrater added the inventory system. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, you aren't suppose to use them, and for something that is sold-out, why is it an active item that can be bought? Tut tut tut!
elevenboxes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feedback shows an unrated sale in the past year.

If you want the item, use the contact seller button and see how fast they respond.

I check eCrater most days, but my last update to inventory was May 17, 2020. Perhaps a last login date, like they have at the Ranch, would be helpful for buyers to determine if a seller is still active.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 stores here and have sales at least weekly. I haven't had feedback in over a year in any of them and some longer than that. One sale in the past year doesn't sound like an active seller.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see several things wrong...beginning with the product being sold and the fact that a Disney item is being imported. An American product should never be imported. It might be made in China, but not imported. (Lord, how sad it is to say that. Do we own anything American anymore...I mean American made in America?)

Also, sold out listings are supposed to be hidden. There's nothing wrong with using the image, or entering "SOLD" at the beginning of the title like I do (although, I do like the image idea lol), but the listing must be hidden since you're forced to enter 1 for the quantity in order to change anything within it.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The problem is, you aren't suppose to use them, and for something that is sold-out, why is it an active item that can be bought? Tut tut tut!

Ding Ding Ding … We have a winner !

And, because they did not place the item on hold …

1. It still shows in marketplace searches

2. It likely is attracting bids on Google Search (clogging up GS and costing eCRATER money)

3. If someone clicks to buy it, then the seller is going to be out the PP fees on the refund.

All of which are bad juju.

Either the seller sold it on another site, or they took non-electronic payment for it. If they sold it here, with electronic payment, then they should have a listing On Hold.

Last edited by cosmicray on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickychicky wrote:
but the listing must be hidden since you're forced to enter 1 for the quantity in order to change anything within it.

Not true. If you have any numeric number in the field, it must be non-zero. But you're not required to have anything in the quantity field. You can backspace over the zero (or one) and leave it blank. That suggests you have an endless supply (like for digital downloads). If you both clear the quantity and place the listing on hold, the quantity becomes irrelevant.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?a=1&keywords=sold&view=list

772 possible hits, not all of them are forgetting to put the item on hold, but some certainly don't get it.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent them a message asking them to fix their listing. They might have sold out and then got some new stock in and forgot to update the listing by removing the sold out picture.

Where in the rules does it say we can't use a SOLD OUT Picture? I have been using a big sold out picture in my default because I got tired of questions asking if the item was still available because the on hold status does not make this clear.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Where in the rules does it say we can't use a SOLD OUT Picture? I have been using a big sold out picture in my default because I got tired of questions asking if the item was still available because the on hold status does not make this clear.

I don't know if it's in the rules or not, but it probably annoys the heck out of GS. Back in the day, maybe still does, GS would look for images to use as a placeholder for a UPC. I'm not sure that is still the case.

If anything, they don't like text on images, so it may fall under that rule. Maybe we should come up with an international symbol, like a package with a circle and a slash.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be ok to use it because it will eventually be a dead link due to being hidden. I have not had anyone question if I had the pattern for sale.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Where in the rules does it say we can't use a SOLD OUT Picture?

It does not say that explicitly for active items. However, for as long as I've been here (2008), it has been practice to consider "sold out" images on active items to be an extension of the prohibition of Terms 4.5 "What is not allowed to post?": "Items that are not for sale"

There is no prohibition in the Terms on using a "sold out" image on hidden items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: