eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1allfashionjewelry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Google Attributes Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance for your time to read my post and respond. I know everyone here is busy and I hate bothering busy people with questions, but I have been researching the community and Google to figure out the attributes for two plus weeks and I'm just not getting it right. I'm sure I just don't have the right combination of Google Attributes yet.

I make my own product and create literally one unique piece and then make another unique item. Every item is brand new and I have checked that box on the product description page. Currently, I have 24 items to date listed in my shop and have more to add and want to get the Google Attributes correct.

After I loaded approximately 5 items I received a message that said I needed: brand, upc, gtin, etc. because I didn't have anything listed for these attributes. I listed my company name as registered with Ecrater under brand.

Then I received another message that said I needed upc, mpn, gtin. After research here and on Google I saw I could list upc as custom. So added this attribute to my products upc (1st column) custom (second column).

Then I received another message that said I needed gtin, mpn, etc. After researching here and on Google I added product_identifier (1st column) false (second column).

After doing this on 24 products I then got a message saying I needed a GTIN. After research I noted that if I assigned mpn's to each one of my products that I could use my brand, (which is my company name as registered with Ecrater) comma and the mpn as my GTIN. Yesterday I added mpn unique numbers to my products and created GTINs as stated above. Today, I got a note that 13 of my 24 products had GTIN issues. I don't think they have processed my other 11 items yet. Below is what I have for Google Attributes:

brand - my registered Ecrater company name
mpn - each item has a unique number (however this number is only noted here nowhere else in my listing)
upc - custom
gtin- my brand name, mpn
age range - with noted range
color - stated item color
gender - female
made_in - USA
material - bead, chain
style- casual (or whatever term appropriate to the item)
product_identifier - (I removed because I used GTIN instead)

Should I not make any notations for brand, mpn, upc, gtin? If I don't list these things I'm afraid I will be back to getting messages that I need these attributes.

Does Google limit the number of error messages you can get before they just reject you completely? Should I close my store and open a new one? Thinking about it I may have made a big mistake when I was first working on my store I remember getting prompted ask for exemption and I can't remember what I posted and didn't know what it meant at the time.

I hope the above makes sense. I know it's in a different format than others have used, but, hopefully you get the idea about what is happening. Thanks again for your time, advice and help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a duplicate posting! Please do not post in multiple areas. This is a seller to seller community forum. Sellers will answer questions, but you have to give folks time. Please see the answers in your other posting.
1allfashionjewelry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay thank you!
divineskinbeauty

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: I wish I could find the answer to this question! Reply with quote

Where is the duplicate post so I can see the answers? I desperately need to find the answer to All Fashion Jewelry's questions since I too make my own products. Can someone please direct me tho her duplicate post to read the answers there??? Sheila Dees Postcards??
misashop86

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: I wish I could find the answer to this question! Reply with quote

I am also in need of an answer on this issue. Has anyone seen and shared with me.Thanks.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have added the url for other sellers.
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=318202&highlight=#318202
divineskinbeauty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sheila Dee for the link! Very valuable information! Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: