eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Products appear on categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Persa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Products appear on categories Reply with quote

Hi i have a problem that my products don’t appear on their category!i can see them just when i search them,anyone knows why?[/img]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you not seeing them? Please note that you should have your items in appropriate categories within your store. 'My products' doesn't help a person find anything at all. You need to set up categories within your store such as I have. https://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/

You also need to be sure that when listing your items that you have the proper main category and subcategory so people can find your items. Without knowing which item isn't showing, I can't give any more help than that.

I noticed that for your tablecloth, and I assume elsewhere, you are giving measurements in metric. Most of those that live in the US the only metric measurement that they know is 2L for Coke or Pepsi bottles. 100 X 100 cm would cause them to have to scratch their head and pull out a calculator to figure it out, but that might be too hard of work for some.
Persa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you are very helpful,i try to fix details that you mentioned and see whats going on
Persa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand,my products dont appear on related category
For example when i search vase i van see some of my products but when i go to related category(home decor>Figures&accents)their not there,
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking again. Where are you looking for your items to appear? They appear correctly by store category in your store. On the main eCRATER Marketplace, they will appear under the categories that you assigned to them with the drop down based categories (Global categories and global sub-categories). You can't make up your own categories for the global categories or expect to find them that way. I believe I accidently may have said Google categories the first time, but these are on your listing page right underneath where you assign your store category.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Persa

What is sounds like is that you only used your store categories.
You need to also select Global Category and Global Sub Catagory to get your items on the Marketplace.

* Go to your "add new product" page.
* On your first listing : select pencil icon (1st one on right side) to edit your listing.
* Scroll down . . .
* Local Category : is your shops personal category
* Global Category is eCrater Marketplace categories : select what fits your items
* Global Sub Category is a more refine category of the Global Category.

REMEMBER TO SAVE your edits.

I hope this will help you.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persa, I checked your vases in the eCRATER Marketplace. I noticed you have selected Home & Garden > Home Decor > Figures & Accents for your Global category and sub-categories. Several hours ago I went to the Marketplace and selected the same category/subcategories you had used for your vases. I set my search to 80 items per page, then browsed the category. You had 4 items showing in the category on page 10. Items appear on page one soon after they are listed, but quickly fall off the first page as other items are listed. The category/subcategory "Home & Garden > Home Decor > Figures & Accents" has 1,660 items listed as I type this message. They are listed in date order with the most recent items listed being on the first page. Placement in a category is not something you can control. I would estimate there are few people who actually browse by category without any search terms. If they go to that category and search for vase, you get good visibility.

It is far more important to have really good titles since eCRATER is a title search only. You are allowed 100 characters so use your title to best describe your item. You have 4 vases, but 2 of them have the exact same title. Since they are not exactly the same item, your titles need more words to show the difference. The major search engines will see the titles as the same item and will only index one. While you want to use most of 100 characters, you want the first 60 characters to show the difference. It's quite clear from your photos that the vases are different patterns and your descriptions state one is 8 inches tall while the other is 10 inches tall. I would mention the colors and patterns in the title as much as possible and the difference in height.

I noticed you have added categories in your store which will be helpful. The search engines will index the store category names also.
Persa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sheila thats very helpful
I will do as you said and see if it worls or not
But i habe problem in sort by date,i listed some persian rug ehen i go to home and garden>rugs and carpets and sort by highest price they appear in the top but when i sort them by date there’s nothing!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: