eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my eCRATER cd-rom & DVD sales have been sweet, i am pleased. But it seems to be waning.

I have a toy line that has been pretty silent; but now, as usual, is waking up - these are toys without UPC identifiers.

I might at latter date try some these items again here at eCRATER.

I have small costume jewelry line, which only seems do anything at the other E place. But, I only keep about 50 packages listed.

I also have couple other irons in the fire, that sell pretty much the same year round.

I just love eCRATER, don't know why, I didn't come here years ago?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER is the least ulcer producing venues of them all in my opinion. Dimitar isn't constantly trying to jerk the rug out from under us at all times. Amazon has strict rules for us that they themselves do not follow, and the put policies in place that are unneeded such as the 'Potential high price error' which is not treated as an error. They treat it as your price is too high and we are deleting your listing. I had an order the other day that got me tweaking a few things here and then the listing for those items on Amazon. I had decided to drop the price on a pattern that comes in two size ranges meaning 2 different listings. On the one I was the only seller and so it was up with a price of $13.99 that I decreased it to $12.99. So I went to do that to the next one but found that it was inactive. You guessed it. It had fallen under the dreaded potential high price. Even with changing it to $12.99 which is the same price a the other size pattern that isn't too high priced, they yet again kicked it off. Somebody had listed it as Used-Very Good and uncut for $.99! How when to have actual NEW patterns can I compete against sellers that list their items for so low? And by Amazon rules are not technically new? I just ran the numbers if they sold it. Assuming they are a PRO seller and don't have to pay the extra $.99 on top of the 15% FVF, and the top price for shipping it in the USA is $3.18 they will make $.89 and that doesn't even include their cost to buy it and packing materials etc. Who wants to do everything that you need to do to earn you less that a king sized candy bar. And in the meantime helping to knock long terms sellers off of the listing?

I really wonder if the stock share owners have any idea that Amazon is doing this. It means that their sales (profits) are lower and their FVF are way lower - if I was allowed on the listing at my price, they would get almost 3 times the FVF. What company turns its back on a triple profit to suddenly be trying to be the cheapest market on earth now? Puzzles me, but I don't have an MBA maybe if I did, I would understand it. I have had sales here that when I go to take them down off of Amazon they have been deleted for too high of a price that someone just willingly paid here and about half the time eCRATER pockets a fee from me which I am happy to pay! Very Happy

But I need the money that I get at both places so I stick it out and am looking for other opportunities to make money as well.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many things these marketplace sites do (that eCrater doesn't) that really are unethical, illegal and even anti-trust business practices...all to benefit themselves. Why hasn't any government organization ever said anything about a marketplace owning its own payment processor being a conflict of interest? eBay is a prime example of that...perpetuating the fraud on their own site and buying PayPal so they wouldn't have to refund so many merchants, greatly increasing their fee revenue. Now a company that was ethical prior to eBay taking over is stuck with the bad reputation that eBay is solely responsible for. PayPal was used up just like all their sellers.

What about Amazon competing against their own customers and even forcing them to agree to give up their ownership rights to their creations just by using the site to sell them? The only purpose behind that is so they can STEAL the ideas of hot-selling products, make them themselves, and compete against the customers they stole from at much lower rates because they can produce products at a mass rate and get steep shipping discounts that they don't pass on to customers. Who do you think got the Chinese in on the game? I doubt very seriously the money-hungry Elon Musk would have all those products made anywhere else.

In what world is any of what these marketplaces get away with not obviously wrong and worthy of hard punishment? The first lesson they all need to be taught is that our products and customers are NOT their products and customers. WE are their customers...period...and they should have absolutely no control whatsoever over our money. All payments should be handled by a third-party, separately owned payment processor and there should be absolutely no board members (or "activist" shareholders) or executives that have anything to do with the other parties involved, past or present. STOP recycling bad executives!

Last edited by pickychicky on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I understand. Amazon - I believe is in a big power struggle with Walmart. They are at war. And believe this or not, the coronavirus turned Amazon and Walmart back into mega planetary concerns. And they want it all, everything.

Some mega walmart stores closing and turning into shipping and distribution centers. moving as much freight as Fedex and UPS. Amazon opening distribution centers in every major city making deals with USPS. It will not be long and Amazon will delete everyone that does not meet their idea of a profitable BIG seller. In my case, I'll be one of the first to go.

Walmart now letting big liquidation - auction houses sell and buy for them. Looks like manufacturing might start to move back out of country. It will not be long and the small shops will begin to fade away. Especially those that depend on their shops for a living. One bad season and they're gone.

That's why I love eCRATER, we might last here, with many seasons to come. I believe eCRATER will stand the test of time, and become the model for future small shop platforms. Oh well, I'll always sell somewhere, it's what I do now.

Thank God - I am retired.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Amazon and Wal-Mart have turned themselves into the "heroes" of the pandemic...all on our backs while they suppress small businesses on their sites that compete with their own products, blatantly pushing their own to the top of the heap.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 2tip3py1. When you join eCrater?
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in March
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2tip3py1, you have been doing great in sales. Continue doing what are you doing.

I look some random items. Great use of the tittle, description, and big photo.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles, thank you. I believe attributes are a key ingredient, which attracts Google's attention.

Also - all pertinent information that pertains to each individual item should be added, so information information information.

And eCrater seems to want more items listed regularly, keep growing your store. I'm not able sit in one place long. But, I try to add 2 or 3 times more items - for each item that sells.

It's a lot of writing. My typing, it's a hunt and peck game, takes time.

I just looked at your store, it looks great. You been working too.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2tip3py1.

We agree. Great use of title & description and continue listing is the key.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in one point of this topic. Since 2016, I do not have more time to spend in promoting my store. The latest sales are from the Marketplace or Google.

I am just a hobby seller. I sell my duplicate cards to get others. Now if you are "full" time sellers. In sites like eCrater, you need to promote and continuous listing. At least update something in your store. So it looks you are still active.

I noticed some of the original participants of this topic are gone.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Trading Cards sellers. Read this topic. Like I suggested use photo, title, and description to the max.

I noticed joystarr open another store.

Now back to topic. If you sell in multiple sites. Try to follow your inventory the best you can. If you have issues with inventory. Contact ASAP and refund. Be clear in an email and comment in PayPal.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles, I still follow and look forward to what you discuss. However, from time to time, I talk far to much. God gave me two ears and one tongue, so, I'm gonna try listen twice as much as I talk. maybe I'll learn something?

I wish I could write as well as the PickyChicky gal. Her writing skill are fantastic. I read everything she writes too.

And the Moonwishes lady; she has long earned knowledge, about the goings on around here. I read all her stuff as well. You're all a treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom.

SheilaDees, well, she's just too sweet for words. I wish; I could mention everyone, but here I go - talking to much.

I guess that tells you, if I'm not in deer woods; I'm bored to tears. And now, I've found a place that teaches writing skills, selling skills, and maybe some nice manners. I think life is all about good manners. Do you somewhat agree? Possibly, good manners alone, could take us great distances, across oceans? Maybe?

Sure am looking forward to this coming NEW YEAR'S DAY

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you for the nice comment. I try to help as I want eCRATER to succeed and to do that we need good sellers selling and no scammers. Too many of them on the other sites, but eCRATER doesn't abide them which I think is great.

Very Happy
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER has succeeded, (is a success) it's because of the folks on here as well as the eCRATER team working together - running tirelessly to keep this machine well oiled and full of fuel. I think this site is absolutely wonderful. And you are welcome, I only call em like I see em.

Still looking forward to NEW YEAR'S DAY

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Why thank you for the nice comment. I try to help as I want eCRATER to succeed and to do that we need good sellers selling and no scammers. Too many of them on the other sites, but eCRATER doesn't abide them which I think is great. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: