eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Come visit my page! I make handcrafted jewelry!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdoeskrafts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Come visit my page! I make handcrafted jewelry! Reply with quote

Hey guys! Very Happy

I just started crafting a couple months ago. Please come visit to check out my products!

Even if you don't buy, I still appreciate your time!

https://krisdoeskrafts.ecrater.com/[/u]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Do you mind a few suggestions?
krisdoeskrafts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love some tips!
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your art is beautiful and interesting. Good luck
krisdoeskrafts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I would love some tips!

I have had an absolutely grueling day and will try to write to you tomorrow.
krisdoeskrafts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

I would love some tips!

I have had an absolutely grueling day and will try to write to you tomorrow.

No rush! I appreciate your time!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here we go.

1. You really need to fill in your 'About' page which is where you can tell people about you and your store and the types of things you sell. You also need to fill in your Terms page which is where you talk about your shipping, returns policy, things like that.

2. Your Home page text should be a welcome to your store, talk about the things you sell, etc. As to being a black-owned business is neither here nor there. Most of us and the buyers have no idea what color anyone is AND don't care. The most non-racist thing to do these days is to sell online. Here you can rise and fall on your own merits. I think it might be more appropriate to have that if you want to on your About page. Your home page needs to have keywords that can be picked up by Google and the other search engines. And unless people search for a 'small black-owned business' you have wasted that space. Brevity is not needed. Usually, we can fit an entire large paragraph in the space. You will always want to double-check after writing it if it all comes out completely. If it doesn't, then you need to trim it.

3. Do you have any idea of the cost of COD (Cash on Delivery)? This is expensive and means you have to ship it prior to payment and hope that they are willing to pay for it when it arrives and the shipping amount that you have for shipping does not include paying the fees for the COD, so you are out more money than you made. MO (Money Order) is a better way if you want to give more options. Almost 20 years ago I got a lot more MO, and then it trickled down to about once a year and they become a pain in the neck as you would want to cash it prior to shipping and as I am disabled with bad arthritis there is only so many trips that I want to take into town. Foreign MO ends up with an additional charge to cash depending on your bank, such as mine the last I tried it was $8 so that would be something that you need to know ahead of time if you want to take them. When the only ones that wanted to send me MO were the people in the UK, which they never did, I took it off as an option. But that is your choice. Some seller still run their businesses without any electronic payment method which is probably cutting off about 99.99% of their potential customers! Sad

4. You have two listings under STOP!..... These types of listings are not allowed by eCRATER and you have to take them down. The information in both of those should be included in your Terms (TOS, Terms of Service). I would not do pickup as if they complain about the product after the fact you have no proof that you delivered it. Also, do you really want people you don't know coming to your house? Not me. Some get thoroughly confused. I live in a town that has a directional name and some seem to think it is the section of my state. I had a buyer MAD at me because she had wanted to pick up an item, back in the days when gas was more than $4/gal! She seemed to think that she could drive to pick it up even though I had not indicated anywhere that I allowed pick-ups! In reality, she would have had to drive about 8 hours to get to where I live! Laughing Again your choice, but most of us won't do it.

5. This is the big one. You need to work on your descriptions. In many of your photos of flowers, you call them pink hydrangeas. For your titles, you are allowed to use 100 characters and this is valuable 'real estate' as this is what the search engines are looking for the most. Having a one-word title and then a non-descriptive description and you will be passed right by. For instance. You have a bracelet that is titled 'Denim'. If someone is searching for denim, they are in all probability looking for denim fabric or denim blue jeans. I seriously doubt that anyone would use that word. I just did a search on Google using 'Denim' as the search word, I got 1,960,000,000 results! Shocked As I narrowed it down to 'shopping' on Google, I don't know how many results there were, but I did get a lot of denim blue jeans and a dress where "June was busting out all over"! No bracelets in sight. Don't be afraid to repeat yourself by using some of the same wording in the title as in the description, or restating the category. Much better to state something on the order of "Denim Colored Beaded Bracelet 9" long Handmade" etc. up to 100 characters - this one has 47. No not try to use proper English grammar in the title, you only want the descriptive words that buyers and the search engines will pick up. Nor do you want to repeat words such as "Denim bracelet Denim blue jean colored bracelet denim bead colored bracelet". Your descriptions need to have more information in them such as size, types of beads, or whatever (sorry I don't sell jewelry so not in my usual niche to think up the words). Your flower photos, you need sizes, whether it is a digital download, or are you going to send them an actual photograph? What kind of paper is it on? Be sure that they are clear of any blurs (and things like a chopped off head like my aunt has always done!) You need to write your description as if there are no pictures, and have enough pictures (you are allowed 10) that they don't need to read the description (which many don't and then wonder why they got something that isn't what they were expecting).

I think this is enough to get you busy for a while, and I have to get to work on my own stuff. I hope that this helps.
krisdoeskrafts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Okay, here we go.

1. You really need to fill in your 'About' page which is where you can tell people about you and your store and the types of things you sell. You also need to fill in your Terms page which is where you talk about your shipping, returns policy, things like that.

2. Your Home page text should be a welcome to your store, talk about the things you sell, etc. As to being a black-owned business is neither here nor there. Most of us and the buyers have no idea what color anyone is AND don't care. The most non-racist thing to do these days is to sell online. Here you can rise and fall on your own merits. I think it might be more appropriate to have that if you want to on your About page. Your home page needs to have keywords that can be picked up by Google and the other search engines. And unless people search for a 'small black-owned business' you have wasted that space. Brevity is not needed. Usually, we can fit an entire large paragraph in the space. You will always want to double-check after writing it if it all comes out completely. If it doesn't, then you need to trim it.

3. Do you have any idea of the cost of COD (Cash on Delivery)? This is expensive and means you have to ship it prior to payment and hope that they are willing to pay for it when it arrives and the shipping amount that you have for shipping does not include paying the fees for the COD, so you are out more money than you made. MO (Money Order) is a better way if you want to give more options. Almost 20 years ago I got a lot more MO, and then it trickled down to about once a year and they become a pain in the neck as you would want to cash it prior to shipping and as I am disabled with bad arthritis there is only so many trips that I want to take into town. Foreign MO ends up with an additional charge to cash depending on your bank, such as mine the last I tried it was $8 so that would be something that you need to know ahead of time if you want to take them. When the only ones that wanted to send me MO were the people in the UK, which they never did, I took it off as an option. But that is your choice. Some seller still run their businesses without any electronic payment method which is probably cutting off about 99.99% of their potential customers! Sad

4. You have two listings under STOP!..... These types of listings are not allowed by eCRATER and you have to take them down. The information in both of those should be included in your Terms (TOS, Terms of Service). I would not do pickup as if they complain about the product after the fact you have no proof that you delivered it. Also, do you really want people you don't know coming to your house? Not me. Some get thoroughly confused. I live in a town that has a directional name and some seem to think it is the section of my state. I had a buyer MAD at me because she had wanted to pick up an item, back in the days when gas was more than $4/gal! She seemed to think that she could drive to pick it up even though I had not indicated anywhere that I allowed pick-ups! In reality, she would have had to drive about 8 hours to get to where I live! Laughing Again your choice, but most of us won't do it.

5. This is the big one. You need to work on your descriptions. In many of your photos of flowers, you call them pink hydrangeas. For your titles, you are allowed to use 100 characters and this is valuable 'real estate' as this is what the search engines are looking for the most. Having a one-word title and then a non-descriptive description and you will be passed right by. For instance. You have a bracelet that is titled 'Denim'. If someone is searching for denim, they are in all probability looking for denim fabric or denim blue jeans. I seriously doubt that anyone would use that word. I just did a search on Google using 'Denim' as the search word, I got 1,960,000,000 results! Shocked As I narrowed it down to 'shopping' on Google, I don't know how many results there were, but I did get a lot of denim blue jeans and a dress where "June was busting out all over"! No bracelets in sight. Don't be afraid to repeat yourself by using some of the same wording in the title as in the description, or restating the category. Much better to state something on the order of "Denim Colored Beaded Bracelet 9" long Handmade" etc. up to 100 characters - this one has 47. No not try to use proper English grammar in the title, you only want the descriptive words that buyers and the search engines will pick up. Nor do you want to repeat words such as "Denim bracelet Denim blue jean colored bracelet denim bead colored bracelet". Your descriptions need to have more information in them such as size, types of beads, or whatever (sorry I don't sell jewelry so not in my usual niche to think up the words). Your flower photos, you need sizes, whether it is a digital download, or are you going to send them an actual photograph? What kind of paper is it on? Be sure that they are clear of any blurs (and things like a chopped off head like my aunt has always done!) You need to write your description as if there are no pictures, and have enough pictures (you are allowed 10) that they don't need to read the description (which many don't and then wonder why they got something that isn't what they were expecting).

I think this is enough to get you busy for a while, and I have to get to work on my own stuff. I hope that this helps.

Thank you so much for taking your time to do this!

I will definitely start working on these things. I just made the page, so I'm still going through and updating the attributes, descriptions, additional pictures, etc.

When I first started adding my products, I was copying the original hydrangeas to keep the same settings with each photo.

I will definitnely get rid of the cash on delivery, but I will probably keep the pickup because most of my audience (from my social media) is in my city.

I have class today, but as soon as I'm done, I will get started.

If you wouldn't mind, I can send you a pm to take another look after I'm finished?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you wouldn't mind, I can send you a pm to take another look after I'm finished?

You can just leave a post here and others might see it as well. Easiest for me. I am generally on the forum almost daily but the last couple of weeks have been rough here at home, so everything is kind of hit and miss in my life currently. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: